SILLY SEASON 2019

For those three, running a team is an extension of their other businesses. It's more of a stretch for a big box hardware retailer. Or it could just be he has no interest.
And... other three, even though their combined wealth is a small fraction of John's all have public corporations that are administered by standard corporate structures with them sitting on director boards. John runs his private business as a private business.

Big difference...when you subordinate the day to day business activities instead of being 100% hands on.

And... other three, even though their combined wealth is a small fraction of John's all have public corporations that are administered by standard corporate structures with them sitting on director boards. John runs his private business as a private business.

Big difference...when you subordinate the day to day business activities instead of being 100% hands on.

John Menard IS a hands on guy, but he's 78 years old. It's not like he's burning the midnight oil restocking the shelves. When his company was a fraction of the size it is now, and required far more of his daily attention, he seemed to find plenty of time to play with race cars. If John Menard still wanted to own a race team, he'd own a race team.

LFR might switch to Toyota

Damn, I would want to see Kasey in a JGR car. I hope he gets the nod to stay, but it will depend on what goes on with FRR and that 77 car if it returns or not. The 95 might be the answer to the 77, it might not.

For Kasey's sake, he better hope LFR wants to keep him after this year.

Damn, I would want to see Kasey in a JGR car. I hope he gets the nod to stay, but it will depend on what goes on with FRR and that 77 car if it returns or not. The 95 might be the answer to the 77, it might not.

LFR ran 2 cars at times in the past, they would put Ty Dillon in the 95 and McDowell would run the 59.

If LFR does switch to Toyota, you can bet Bell will be in the #95 in 2019 unless they opt for 2 cars. I guess they need to buy some time to see if they want to kick Denny to the curb after that.

Don't forget that FRR is in a contract year. I see it extremely unlikely but there is a slight chance they could be out of Toyota camp. No reason I could see that happening.

I think it would be great for LFR to switch to Toyota, I think it could do a lot for that team.

TRD loves Kasey. Could be great for his career. I like it.

If LFR does switch to Toyota, you can bet Bell will be in the #95 in 2019 unless they opt for 2 cars. I guess they need to buy some time to see if they want to kick Denny to the curb after that.

I think they want Bell in Xfinity one more year. As has been suggested, I think that it is more realistic to have the 95 shared between Kasey and Bell. Bell to FRR second car in '20.

NBC Sports - NASCAR Talk: Chad Knaus signs extension with Hendrick Motorsports through 2020 season https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...ith-hendrick-motorsports-through-2020-season/
Their contracts line up...looks like they have 2 years left after this one to go get that 8th Championship. I’ll be cheering for them, two old gunslingers taking on the youth movement and the best 30 somethings of today like KDB, Keselowski and Logano

Jimmie might have another win or two in him before he's done but zero percent chance of him getting #8. You could tell when the universe aligned to give him the 2016 Homestead bowl that was his last crusade. I had that exact same feeling watching my Pats beat Jacksonville in the AFC championship this past season. It was the first time I watched New England and said "damn, this other team is much more talented" and the same scenario happened at Homestead where Edwards, Logano, and Busch all were faster that race

Holy smokes.

Dude man... After all that work FRR put in and now they lose 5-hour. I wonder if Bass Pro and Owners Auto will increase their support? Otherwise, we might see the return of the matte black 78. Also, I wonder if Sirus-XM cover a couple of odd races?

I guess this means the 77 team is a dead duck, too. At least its announced now and not later.

5-Hour has been a HUGE sponsor for NASCAR, too.

In the last 6 months, a 7 time champion and possible GOAT driver, and now the reigning Cup series champion both have lost major sponsors.

But sure, everything is great in NASCAR land.

In the last 6 months, a 7 time champion and possible GOAT driver, and now the reigning Cup series champion both have lost major sponsors.

Shhh, you're thinking to logically. Better to chat about running a Cup race at Eldora to distract the masses.

Dude man... After all that work FRR put in and now they lose 5-hour...

I guess this means the 77 team is a dead duck, too...
Truex is also a free agent at the end of this season. And Visser's deal with TRD and Gibbs is expiring as well. One would hope Gibbs will not pull out from frustration at Furniture Row's success on the track. But obviously there is a lot of work to do in Colorado.

Shhh, you're thinking to logically. Better to chat about running a Cup race at Eldora to distract the masses.
Why the snark? I don't see anyone saying everything is great in Nascar land. What is wrong with racing fans discussing Eldora? I don't see any need for that insulting comment.

Still seeing sponsors come into the sport though with John Deere, WW Technologies, Click N' Close, etc.

Just sucks to see all of this happen to FRR right now though and they have hit their stride.

Why the snark? I don't see anyone saying everything is great in Nascar land. What is wrong with racing fans discussing Eldora? I don't see any need for that insulting comment.

The comment wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at those that still think everything is great is NASCAR land and lambaste anyone for siding against that opinion.

Still seeing sponsors come into the sport though with John Deere, WW Technologies, Click N' Close, etc.

Just sucks to see all of this happen to FRR right now though and they have hit their stride again.

I agree with you. As I posted in another thread, what does it say about the sport when the defending champion with 4 wins and is 3rd in the standings has a sponsor leave? It isn't good.

Meanwhile smaller teams that appeal more to the social media active fanbase are picking up race by race sponsors left and right.

The cost to sponsor in NASCAR is seemingly far and above ROI. The sport has failed to keep up with the 21st century and is paying the price.

My vote goes to Farm American based on the livery alone
regan-smith.665.jpg

I agree with you. As I posted in another thread, what does it say about the sport when the defending champion with 4 wins and is 3rd in the standings has a sponsor leave? It isn't good.
Johnny Benson reining Truck champion had no ride and could defend. Trucks are still racing though. Nothing wrong with a sponsor leaving, it could just be a sensible business move.
If you paid a man $50 dollars to move a pile of sand, would you keep paying him because he moved it all? If a business sponsors a race team and after 5 yrs the sales max out production, why continue advertising??

If a business sponsors a race team and after 5 yrs the sales max out production, why continue advertising??
Well, some would say so you can remain at max sales. On the other hand, using the marketing resources to reach other demographics may result in increase sales. If not, NASCAR will still be there. Plenty of sponsors have left and come back.

Johnny Benson reining Truck champion had no ride and could defend. Trucks are still racing though. Nothing wrong with a sponsor leaving, it could just be a sensible business move.
If you paid a man $50 dollars to move a pile of sand, would you keep paying him because he moved it all? If a business sponsors a race team and after 5 yrs the sales max out production, why continue advertising??

If your production was running at max production your marketing plan.advertising plan had something to do with you getting there. Businesses are looking at their return on investment and when that return isn't there they leave.

Back
Top Bottom