SILLY SEASON 2019

Can't be worse than 4Chan!

My only thing with that is my God the 6 car is a junker. Why would Kenseth want to struggle in that thing? If he wants to race a few more years, perhaps holding the 41 car (assuming Truex stays in the 78) for a years for Custer makes more sense.

One would hope that this year of testing will lead to improvements next season for the #6 program. In reading the early stories about Matt's return to Roush, Jack was quoted as saying he hoped Matt would have a few more years of driving then move into a management role. I'm assuming Matt will be in it for the long haul with Roush. I think the writing is on the wall that Bayne will not be back, but who knows for sure?

One would hope that this year of testing will lead to improvements next season for the #6 program. In reading the early stories about Matt's return to Roush, Jack was quoted as saying he hoped Matt would have a few more years of driving then move into a management role. I'm assuming Matt will be in it for the long haul with Roush. I think the writing is on the wall that Bayne will not be back, but who knows for sure?

That'd be really cool. I'd like to see Kenseth stick around until 50. Don't wanna see him outperformed by Stenhouse next year.

1-Kurt Busch until JHN is ready
6-Allmendinger until Briscoe is ready
21-Menard until Cindric is ready
31-Hemric
41-Truex w/Pearn
47-Preece
78-Custer- move to Ford with SHR support
95-Bell-move to Toyota with JGR support

Would actually like this. Don't see why FRR would split like that unless Barney is trying to save though.

Would actually like this. Don't see why FRR would split like that unless Barney is trying to save though.

Tony gets BassPro with Truex on the main team and gives up an associate sponsor to FRR Mobil1?

1 - Kurt Busch
6 - Kenseth
31 - Hemric
41 - Truex Jr
78 - Closed down
95 - Either Newman or Jamie Mac for a year until Bell is ready.

So if the 78 team closes down, who gets that charter?

I won't say it isn't true, but it's also the same place that was convinced Hisense would be the new sponsor of the Premier Series only for the big announcement to be a new lineup of 70" TVs.

Seems like a big risk for Kyle to take at the peak of his career, and pretty major upheaval for JGR/TRD. But I also don't think the FRR situation is as good as Barney wants us to believe. The statement denouncing "garage rumors" of their closing was weird.
Barney could just be keeping his name on the team so that SHR can have more cars under their umbrella and have control over every car. He does also have the charter.

The Cone might just be trolling, but you never know, I mean we post unsubstantiated reddit rumors.

If it's anybody that would leave Hendrick, it's Jimmie. Considering Bowman just signed an extension. Just rumors to me.

I'd be cool with Truex in the Bass Pro Shops #41 though.

I know you guys are going to be shocked , the two reddit accounts that were "breaking" the KBM to Cup rumor have been deleted, and also made up some fake text messages, what some will do to be internet cool, wow.

I know you guys are going to be shocked , the two reddit accounts that were "breaking" the KBM to Cup rumor have been deleted, and also made up some fake text messages, what some will do to be internet cool, wow.
What shocks me is learning that someone actively moderates Reddit. :eek:

The Cone might just be trolling, but you never know, I mean we post unsubstantiated reddit rumors.

I don't think this is who most think. It would be Byron if anybody and I don't see Hendrick giving up on him after year one

I don't think this is who most think. It would be Byron if anybody and I don't see Hendrick giving up on him after year one

I don't see any seat changes happening at Hendrick just seems impossible for Jimmie to leave but with sponsorship these days anything is not out of the question. Jimmie to the 41! Lol

Looks like a third car for Front Row

Front Row Motorsports won the bidding for the BK Racing charter and assets with a bid of $2,080,000, it was announced at the start of the sale approval hearing in U.S. bankruptcy court this morning. The judge must approve the sale and that decision possibly might not come until Thursday.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41028584-4

Looks like a third car for Front Row

Front Row Motorsports won the bidding for the BK Racing charter and assets with a bid of $2,080,000, it was announced at the start of the sale approval hearing in U.S. bankruptcy court this morning. The judge must approve the sale and that decision possibly might not come until Thursday.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41028584-4

But maybe not. Ron Devine is still raising hell

Front Row Motorsports bids highest for BK Racing but judge yet to approve sale

Instead, Judge J. Craig Whitley continued the hearing to Thursday after objections from Glenn Thompson, attorney for Race Engines Plus (BK Racing’s engine supplier) and BK Racing car owner Ron Devine.

Thompson told the court that “I think everyone is upset with the outcome except the buyer.” He asked for the extension to see if there was a better solution.

Devine said in court: “The outcome is exactly what I predicted. We ought to slow the train.”

Judge Whitley responded: “You’re the one who started the show.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...-for-bk-racing-but-judge-yet-to-approve-sale/

I don't know exactly what included in 'charter and assets' but $2M sounds like chump change to me. I wonder if there would have been more interest if interested parties had known the number would be that low.

EDIT: sounds like the bank expected more too.

"David Schilli, attorney for Union Bank & Trust, which has stated in court documents that BK Racing owes the bank $9 million in loans and accrued interest, objected to the extension. “The bank is not willing to let the bird in the hand go,” Schilli said in court. “We were hoping for a spirited competition at the auction and it didn’t happen. It’s time for the process to come to an end." "

Just a curious question for the NASCAR history buffs...

If Truex does end up in the 41 with Bass Pro, has a driver ever raced for 3 different organizations with the same primary sponsor?

I don't know exactly what included in 'charter and assets' but $2M sounds like chump change to me. I wonder if there would have been more interest if interested parties had known the number would be that low." "

The way the article made it sound I don't think they're getting much more than the charter. Said 19 chassis's in various states had been sold in a previous sale and I'm sure what's left isn't exactly top shelf stuff. Also they paid 2 mil for the other charter from BK in Dec of 2016, so the 2 mil number sounds about right. Can't imagine with the sponsorship climate that the price of charters is going up these days.

If Truex does end up in the 41 with Bass Pro, has a driver ever raced for 3 different organizations with the same primary sponsor?

Bobby Allison did it with Miller. DiGard, his own team, and the Stavola Brothers. Another era, but Bobby also raced for about a thousand different teams with Coca-Cola sponsorship, including Junior Johnson, Mario Rossi, Holman-Moody and his own team.

Paul Menard. Pretty sure Mikey took NAPA with him to a couple teams.

There was 'top shelf stuff' at BK to sell? :blink:

Just a sad fact that when you sell a race team, there isn't a lot of value there. Ask Ricky Rudd, ask Darrell Waltrip. Most of the value in a race team is usually things you can't just sell; driver's, crew people, and sponsors under contract, and team affiliations. How much is JGR worth if you take away the drivers, crew chiefs, engineers, sponsors and the TRD affiliation?

Back
Top Bottom