Silly Season 2020

B team won the championship. I know, I know.....that's why the evil master put them out of business. Whatevs. Yawn. Chris Bell will have equal equipment to JGR....and everything in terms of data that comes with it. LFR has never been in better shape. Leavine is over the moon with the arrangement. TRD is happy. All good.

If you think LFR will be on equal terms to TRD/Gibbs, I'd like to know where I can get whatever you are smoking. Sure, it's a good deal for Leavine, because how else was he going to build a team that might actually be able to win races, but that doesn't mean he's an equal by a LONG shot, and as soon as LFR no longer serves the purpose of giving their 5th driver in the pecking order a place to hang out, they will likely be right back where they started. What TRD giveth, at some point TRD will taketh away As for Furniture Row, you can't not be a B team when you rely on someone else for your cars, your engineering, your pit crew, pretty much everything. Just because you might out perform the mothership once in a while, doesn't change your status. When it was all boiled down, the only thing that FRR had that was of any value to TRD was the crew chief and the driver, (anything and anyone else of value was already the property of TRD/Gibbs) so rather than help FRR stay in business, whether Visser owned it or not, it was just easier to bring those two into the fold and let FRR die. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing that matters to TRD is the TRD/Gibbs team. Everything else is just a means to an end. Whether you like that business strategy or you don't like it, (it's been pretty effective) be willing to call it what it is.

You forgot they had a charter, thus a reliable seat to put someone in when necessary. That's an asset LFR brings too, making them useful for the same reason.
I'm not even sure they care about that. They created a team and purchased (or leased?) A charter for 1 year to have a car to put Jones in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't think a charter or a lack of one is any real concern for TRD. That's the owner's problem.

For once I'd like to know what each manufacturer is spending in cup. Is TRD spending that much more or by keeping it down to 4.5 teams they can really concentrate the money in one small area?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you think LFR will be on equal terms to TRD/Gibbs, I'd like to know where I can get whatever you are smoking. Sure, it's a good deal for Leavine, because how else was he going to build a team that might actually be able to win races, but that doesn't mean he's an equal by a LONG shot, and as soon as LFR no longer serves the purpose of giving their 5th driver in the pecking order a place to hang out, they will likely be right back where they started. What TRD giveth, at some point TRD will taketh away As for Furniture Row, you can't not be a B team when you rely on someone else for your cars, your engineering, your pit crew, pretty much everything. Just because you might out perform the mothership once in a while, doesn't change your status. When it was all boiled down, the only thing that FRR had that was of any value to TRD was the crew chief and the driver, (anything and anyone else of value was already the property of TRD/Gibbs) so rather than help FRR stay in business, whether Visser owned it or not, it was just easier to bring those two into the fold and let FRR die. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing that matters to TRD is the TRD/Gibbs team. Everything else is just a means to an end. Whether you like that business strategy or you don't like it, (it's been pretty effective) be willing to call it what it is.

We all know that teams like LFR are a veiled fifth team for the "supplier" in many situations--just like FRR was. So, as part of the JGR family, they were never really borrowing people, etc. IMO. FRR had much to offer in terms of engineering as well, and many of those guys landed at JGR as well so to minimize that team to driver and crew chief isn't exactly correct IMO. The situation in 2020 will be very different than last year for LFR. Having said that, last year was a gift to Leavine and Matty D. as it was 100 times better than anything either had ever known. Bell will have everything he needs. When have you ever known TRD to take anything away?

they sure looked like a B team to me, and one that wasn't supposed to do that well. How else do you explain ordering Truex to give the lead away at Indy to the jackass. Even Truex wasn't dumb enough to know that preacher was manipulating the race and personally I don't believe and probably half of fandom didn't believe ol KDB would have given it back. So after that kerfuffle, preacher goes and shows Barney's team who's boss and jerks away a couple of pit crew members who were on Barney's payroll. Anybody else would be mad as hell loosing part of their team, but not ol Barney, not a word.

Happy Thanksgiving! What was going on there was no different than the Ford stuff at a plate track, and then a guy like Joey getting butt hurt when it was go time. You are still pissed about MTJ's crew jawjacking Adam, and Adam shooting back. Coach gave the crew to MTJ--a better way to keep FRR a B team would be to have them use their own guys BTW--didn't like what he saw, and ran his company as he saw fit. Big deal. That jackass is your Champion. That must be a very hard pill to swallow. "Ole Barney" is a very rich man who doesn't take **** from anybody or he wouldn't be as rich as he is.....he wasn't victimized. I know the romantic fan wants to believe in the blue collar small team that could, but that has been gone for a very long time. There is absolutely no evidence of any animosity between Coach and Barney.....He simply didn't want to play anymore. The rest of it is the world created here which has always been biased. Carry on!

It's interesting what Shepard says about costs and how the large teams shut out the smaller guys until the tech is older and not cutting edge. That is a part I don't like and maybe they can get a bit of a handle on it in the future.

“Let me tell you something about back in the day. I started in ’67 and started building my own cars and stuff,” Shepherd said. “We could take very little money and do a whole lot with it. For instance, in 1969, I ran 21 races, I won 21 of them, and the left front tire was the same tire on the car all year long. I changed the left rear twice, and the right side, I changed them twice. I won 17 straight in that deal.

“You go to the Chevrolet place [back then], buy an LT1 350 Chevy engine for $735, and that’s aluminum manifold, well housing, had all the accessories. And now, you can’t hardly go out and buy one of the engines — well, we took our own engines then and built them ourselves — But now the RO7s, I don’t know what the dollar figure is on them now. I know when they first came out, it was $92,000 to buy just the parts to build your engine. And then, you had to do all the porting on the heads and all the machine work and everything on out.

“Now, I think you buy the parts for something like $62,000. But you still don’t have a built engine. And Richard Childress, Rick Hendrick, Roger Penske, they’re not gonna build one of their best engines and sell it to you, because they keep all their stuff, and Joe Gibbs, of course TRD does that. But none of them sell any engines unless it’s way outdated. They’ll sell them that way. You take what I did with an engine back then, I could take about $1,200 and I could go out and win races that paid $1,000. And tires were $25 apiece vs. they’re $2,400 a set now, and they won’t run a whole race. If everybody comes in and gets tires in 10 laps, you gotta come get tires, too, to be competitive. A whole different game.”

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/1...andon-cassill-nascar-field-cuts-rising-costs/

Tough career for that kid. Hopefully toyota keeps him employed in some fashion.

Who does Ford or Chevy need to keep employed? Interesting take on Toyota's role in this sport.

Who does Ford or Chevy need to keep employed? Interesting take on Toyota's role in this sport.

So combative all the time...must be a miserable life for ya. Anyway surprised you didnt know for the past few years Drew has been with toyota and is always testing their wheel force car. He seems very tied to them and they must see him as a valuable asset since hes been around for a while. Ford should keep David Ragan in the some position. Chevy should keep elliott Sadler around for that as well. You have some kind of problem with manufacturers creating jobs for people? Interesting take you have on OEMs role in the sport.

My lord that was so aggressive for such a little offhand comment lmao

Anyway in other news, heard a rumor that Friesen will announce himself joining a brand new outfit in the Truck series at PRI this December. Also believe Graf will have an announcement at PRI.

Take these with a grain of salt though.

Stan Mullis joined Twitter today and he's been a fun follow so far. Seems like a great guy.

My lord that was so aggressive for such a little offhand comment lmao

Anyway in other news, heard a rumor that Friesen will announce himself joining a brand new outfit in the Truck series at PRI this December. Also believe Graf will have an announcement at PRI.

Take these with a grain of salt though.

Stan Mullis joined Twitter today and he's been a fun follow so far. Seems like a great guy.

Sometimes you're just sick of combative people

So combative all the time...must be a miserable life for ya. Anyway surprised you didnt know for the past few years Drew has been with toyota and is always testing their wheel force car. He seems very tied to them and they must see him as a valuable asset since hes been around for a while. Ford should keep David Ragan in the some position. Chevy should keep elliott Sadler around for that as well. You have some kind of problem with manufacturers creating jobs for people? Interesting take you have on OEMs role in the sport.

My life is great thank you--careful on the personal attacks. Mods don't like them. I did know about Drew. If Toyota created a job for every hard working driver, they wouldn't be in the sport. Maybe Chevy or Ford should sign the kid. I like you opinions on Ragan and Sadler. I agree. I have no problem with manufacturers creating jobs for people, but that would be all manufacturers not just one. My take on OEMs is interesting, and pretty unique. Thank you.

Corey did a good job for me several times in '19 as a bottom tier / low dollar fantasy pick, esp. later in the season.

This leaves the FRM cars(2) or (3) unknown for in 2020. Unknown status for JHN, McDowell and Suarez.

My choice would be
34 saurez
36 JHN
38 Mcdowell

Last I heard it sounded like they would be a 2 car team though.

Unexpected.

This move has to do more than just help the truck team. TRD must be going all-out in support of Friesen in the truck series with maybe engines for his dirt racing activities. GMS satellite team will probably be Niece, but Niece has not even confirmed who will be driving for them next season.

Going to be weird for a bit seeing Friesen in a Toyota. This move will play out for him well I think.

I like Stewart's team affiliated with KBM. Would love to see him in some JGR Toyotas eventually in Xfinity.

This leaves the FRM cars(2) or (3) unknown for in 2020. Unknown status for JHN, McDowell and Suarez.

My choice would be
34 saurez
36 JHN
38 Mcdowell

Last I heard it sounded like they would be a 2 car team though.

I drive by FRM a few times a week. They have removed all signage from the front of the building right after season ended and it looks empty. The number signs near the roof are blank. I figured it was because of the shakeup and not knowing which numbers they would run, or maybe they are moving. (It's the old Travis Carter Camel Racing building off I-40 in Statesville). It just struck me as odd as I do not remember them taking the car numbers down before.

Back
Top Bottom