Silly Season 2023

Given the asking prices for charters right now I’m a bit surprised RCR are willing to go through the trouble to lease one for a year for Reddick, plus buy up all of that additional Next Gen inventory. Maybe they’re buying another one instead and planning for Hill or Creed to move up in ‘24?

Does Spire have an alliance with RCR or anything? Pieces where RC can offer say a break on payment due, etc.? I'm reaching here.

He (Kyle) said that he's planning on running Chevies and that it's being worked out, but he didn't know if it'll be 2, 3, or 4 teams. So no official announcement on that yet.
Really curious to see what TRD does with these changes on the horizon.

It will work out for both parties in the end.

Does Spire have an alliance with RCR or anything? Pieces where RC can offer say a break on payment due, etc.? I'm reaching here.
Not that it may amount to all that much, but I think Spire is aligned with HMS. Rick has thrown sponsorship their way, and Latarte is over there as a consultant. Doesn't mean they can't do deals with RCR though.

Did they say anything about Kyle's truck team?
He (Kyle) said that he's planning on running Chevies and that it's being worked out, but he didn't know if it'll be 2, 3, or 4 teams. So no official announcement on that yet.
Also, it is not tied in with the KDB-RCR deal. So it's not a package deal thing. This implies no special support for the truck team as it has enjoyed under Toyota's care, IMO.

Other: KDB to the 8 rather than Tyler because it's multiyear deal, while Reddick's contract is just one year. This sorta implies the 3rd charter is a lease, not a purchase, IMO. RC is not willing to answer questions about the charter, so I guess it could still be cancelled if, for example, Kurt feels he can't come back next year and 23XI makes deal to bring Tyler over next year.

Also, it is not tied in with the KDB-RCR deal. So it's not a package deal thing. This implies no special support for the truck team as it has enjoyed under Toyota's care, IMO.

Other: KDB to the 8 rather than Tyler because it's multiyear deal, while Reddick's contract is just one year. This sorta implies the 3rd charter is a lease, not a purchase, IMO. RC is not willing to answer questions about the charter, so I guess it could still be cancelled if, for example, Kurt feels he can't come back next year and 23XI makes deal to bring Tyler over next year.
Right there with you on the interpretation there.

As far as no plans to send Reddick packing, Allenbaba seems to think different, and I probably didn't phrase it right, but the only way he was going to go to 23XI early is if they bought out Tyler's option year. I don't think Richard wants him at RCR, but if 23XI is refusing to pick up the deal he has a dilemma. Either pay Reddick for a year to drive, or pay him to sit.
Like I said, they had no plans to jettison Reddick, they already have the funds to run him through his contract, RCR has total control now and if 23XI wants Reddick early they will have to buy out his contract if Kurt decides not to return.

Right there with you on the interpretation there.
Yeah, my guess is that RCR's contract with Tyler Reddick specifies the car will be chartered. Tyler has that guarantee, so Richard has to come up with a charter for a year.

That will be an interesting development to see who Kyle brings with him. GM has plenty of partners as well, I doubt the team will be devoided of sponsorship from the jump. We will probably see the development drivers of GM moving here now.

That will be an interesting development to see who Kyle brings with him. GM has plenty of partners as well, I doubt the team will be devoided of sponsorship from the jump. We will probably see the development drivers of GM moving here now.
That's possible, but you are assuming a lot. If Chevy wanted that type of deal, why have they not built it with GMS or someone else? I seriously doubt that Chevy has a boner for Kyle Busch Motorsports Quasi-Factory Team. If I'm right, Kyle will be looking for drivers with fat daddies and scrambling for sponsors like he's never had to do... maybe 1 or 2 trucks instead of four.

Pockrass reporting that JGR offered a number consistent with the highest paid drivers that was rejected.....but go with the family thing.
Busch had been open about his status in the weeks before his decision, telling reporters in July at Indianapolis Motor Speedway he was willing to re-sign with JGR for less than his current value on the free-agency market. That aspiration, he said, was clouded by the organization’s search for a top-tier sponsor to replace longtime partner M&M’s/Mars.

Chevrolet will work out a nice deal with KBM, I'm sure he will get support equal to what Toyota gave him simply just from a competitive standpoint. Not a good look to switch over and the performance take a dramatic drop off. jmo of course

That's possible, but you are assuming a lot. If Chevy wanted that type of deal, why have they not built it with GMS or someone else? I seriously doubt that Chevy has a boner for Kyle Busch Motorsports Quasi-Factory Team. If I'm right, Kyle will be looking for drivers with fat daddies and scrambling for sponsors like he's never had to do... maybe 1 or 2 trucks instead of four.
Chevy doesn't have a true blue development playground for drivers. All of a sudden, now that KBM/RCR this gives GM another level solved on the puzzle.

It's better than shoving young drivers into Xfinity cars. Look at the Daniel Dye's, Nick Sanchez, Rajah Caruth, to a lesser extent Carson Hocevar. I think Carson signed on with Niece, I will check for confirmation. Me personally, I think this team will be fine to start off with. I doubt there will be any blank trucks, like what GMS was doing a few years ago. Will there be a pay driver or two? Probably, but I see GM taking this investment seriously and ensuring Kyle and company hits the ground running.

Back
Top Bottom