Silly Season 2023

He wasn’t ready to be in a Cup car, IMO.
Perhaps he wasn't, but the Cup series waits on no one for the most part. If you are 25 and haven't found your way into a tier one Cup ride, the odds are stacked against you. How many guys over 25 have HMS, JGR, Penske and Haas hired that weren't already established Cup drivers? His best hope is to find a lower tier ride and drive the crap out of it, but we know where that gets JHN sometimes. Josh Berry is one of the most impressive drivers to come to Xfinity in some time in my opinion, but I don't think he'll ever get the shot he deserves because of his age.

Perhaps he wasn't, but the Cup series waits on no one for the most part. If you are 25 and haven't found your way into a tier one Cup ride, the odds are stacked against you. How many guys over 25 have HMS, JGR, Penske and Haas hired that weren't already established Cup drivers? His best hope is to find a lower tier ride and drive the crap out of it, but we know where that gets JHN sometimes. Josh Berry is one of the most impressive drivers to come to Xfinity in some time in my opinion, but I don't think he'll ever get the shot he deserves because of his age.
i hope he gets the dale jr cup ride with truex in a second car

I just hope Kyle doesn’t have a steep fall off when he joins RCR, like Keselowski is having with Roush. Let’s be honest, RCR isn’t one of the top Chevy teams and hasn’t been for a while. They weren’t with Harvick either, sure they would have good to great years but golly….that drop off for bad years they’d have would be massive. It’s going to be interesting to see how Kyle’s last part of his career is going to play out and what it’s going to look like. I’m sad to say this next chapter might not be as successful as JGR chapter. I definitely think this move is a huge gamble, I’m bewildered he couldn’t stay with the Preacher.
New car and everything changes. This year a lot of top 10 slacked off. I think Kyle (never was a fan) is good enough to take top 10 cars to top 5 and a few wins. I think the 8 car shows the potential.

New car and everything changes. This year a lot of top 10 slacked off. I think Kyle (never was a fan) is good enough to take top 10 cars to top 5 and a few wins. I think the 8 car shows the potential.
Yes. Tbh even with the new car, Roush in the last several years before Brad joined was nowhere near the 8 car now tbh.

When they passed on Kyle Busch!
Well, maybe, but that was pretty much "Kyle, you're out, and Dale, you're in." The VERY first inkling I had that Kyle might be on his way out was the night of the All Star race on May 19th 2007. JR signed with HMS around June 14th. What drama there was didn't last very long.

That happened while he was with Leavine.
I don't think there is ANY question he was having some issues while he was still at HMS, which led to his replacement. I remember when they would interview him after a wreck or after a race, and I kept saying to myself "what's WRONG with this guy, and I am they only one seeing this?" As for drama, it seems to me the announcement that Kasey was out and Byron was in was almost simultaneous. I don't think there hardly any time to speculate who the replacement would be. Things just seem to happen so much more seamless and quiet over there. It's like Larson's extension announced today, who even knew that was under discussion? It just happens. I'm not complaining, but it's kind of boring.

I remember when they would interview him after a wreck or after a race, and I kept saying to myself "what's WRONG with this guy, and I am they only one seeing this?"
Same here. He had a post-wreck interview in the 5 car one time where I was thinking this guy is like out of it right now. Like doesn't seem alright.

The speculation for a little while about who’d get the 48 when Jimmie announced he was retiring was slightly dramatic

The speculation for a little while about who’d get the 48 when Jimmie announced he was retiring was slightly dramatic
I guess more for the fans. A lot of people in the industry said that Kyle going to HMS prior to losing his ride in the 42 was mostly a done deal already

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Same here. He had a post-wreck interview in the 5 car one time where I was thinking this guy is like out of it right now. Like doesn't seem alright.

That was probably Loudon post race. He demolished the inside wall of pit road before SAFER was there. 2013 or 2014 maybe? White as a ghost, couldn't tell what happened, no mention of sponsors or anything iirc.

I didn’t see a Pantera 🤔
10AFB11C-02A8-4403-9193-BF348AD21D36.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom