Silly Season 2023

Kyle is relatively young but has a ton of mileage in the sport. I could see him turning it around & becoming the dominant force he used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the other way around. RCR is a step down from JGR without a doubt.
Not sure I can agree with that statement, How many championships does each team have with how many cars running.

I never understood why Dale was particularly singled out as "the blue-collar driver" at that time, when it was an era where many drivers came from blue-collar beginnings. I'm pretty sure lots of drivers in the 70s through the 90s drove pickups and went fishing.
Back in the beginning people drove pickups because it was the cheapest vehicle they could buy and people fished to put food on the table.

And an Ivory-billed woodpecker could bring us all pagoda tickets to Indy, with reserved parking and cold pit passes. That ain't happening either.
Would ivory be an upgrade to current pecker construction???
Also, would the PSI be predetermined???
And thirdly, I thought "everybody" hated Indy.

Would ivory be an upgrade to current pecker construction???
Also, would the PSI be predetermined???
And thirdly, I thought "everybody" hated Indy.
I don't hate Indy, it's an awesome track to watch open wheel racing at. Not good for stock cars unfortunately.

Woah Nellie! The Dinger might be in play for Cup...

I actually think Tyler Reddick might wind up in the 16 car for 2023, officially entered by Richard Childress but prepared and crewed by Kaulig, same as the 31 car. This would be if Kurt Busch returns to the 45 for 2023.

Another possibility for Reddick would be the Spire 77, operated and crewed by Spire but officially entered by RCR.

If Kurt is unable to wheel the 45, I expect Reddick to be in that car. Childress will try to collect a fat check to release Reddick, but I doubt the actual settlement would be all that expensive. But it will surely be confidential... we'll never know for sure.

It would be cool to see Childress purchase a third charter and build a real RCR third team... for Reddick in 2023 and then Austin Hill subsequently... but I think that is a longshot with very little chance to happen..

Childress will try to collect a fat check to release Reddick, but I doubt the actual settlement would be all that expensive.
Any amount he gets will likely be more financially beneficial than running or renting a third team for a single year.
I actually think Tyler Reddick might wind up in the 16 car for 2023, officially entered by Richard Childress but prepared and crewed by Kaulig, same as the 31 car. This would be if Kurt Busch returns to the 45 for 2023.
I can think of worse places to spend a year than Kaulig.

I don't hate Indy, it's an awesome track to watch open wheel racing at. Not good for stock cars unfortunately.

Indy is just awesome no matter what is running. I'd watch peddle cars race there. The DBC folks think returning to the oval is a done deal for 2024, and if they're right, I'll be the first guy on the phone for a ticket.

Indy is just awesome no matter what is running. I'd watch peddle cars race there. The DBC folks think returning to the oval is a done deal for 2024, and if they're right, I'll be the first guy on the phone for a ticket.

Id like to see them run the oval next year and if it still sucks with this car I would like to take Indy off the schedule.

I get the impression Dinger has little interest in a full-time Cup ride at this point in his career. He seems quite happy in X. Fewer races, more open weekends, and only one trip to Talladega.

I get the impression Dinger has little interest in a full-time Cup ride at this point in his career. He seems quite happy in X. Fewer races, more open weekends, and only one trip to Talladega.
The question becomes, does he turn down a full-time Cup ride? That opportunity doesn't present itself very often to a guy his age that isn't established in the series.

The question becomes, does he turn down a full-time Cup ride? That opportunity doesn't present itself very often to a guy his age that isn't established in the series.
I think if the Kaulig wanted to put a single full-time driver in the #16, and if they couldn't find anyone else they wanted, I think AJ would get in if asked. I don't think he'd campaign for the seat.

Remember, AJ has been there. He may not want to go back.

I think if the Kaulig wanted to put a single full-time driver in the #16, and if they couldn't find anyone else they wanted, I think AJ would get in if asked. I don't think he'd campaign for the seat.

Remember, AJ has been there. He may not want to go back.
He really didnt get a good opportunity after the adderall debacle. Kaulig would be a competitive ride

He really didnt get a good opportunity after the adderall debacle. Kaulig would be a competitive ride
If I recall, he was in a Penske car before the positive test. Those are usually competitive.

Either way, I just have the impression he'd prefer not to. Just me, with little to base that on.

If I recall, he was in a Penske car before the positive test. Those are usually competitive.

Either way, I just have the impression he'd prefer not to. Just me, with little to base that on.
I know he was at Penske but he wasnt allowed to continue his career

Almendinger has said publicaly he doesn't want to race full time in cup. He said he would do part time,which is what he is doing, to help out Kaulig if needed.

Almendinger has said publicaly he doesn't want to race full time in cup. He said he would do part time,which is what he is doing, to help out Kaulig if needed.
Grrr ran out of time. But he's on the full time cup ride wagon now. Could be the increased number of road courses on the schedule, could be the extra money also

I wish SHR would do something different at least with the 41. They keep Cole in the car with virtually no outside sponsorship while they have Preece under contact and is a lot more talented

It helps when daddy is one of the big wheels at SHR.
It's just hard to believe that Gene would keep throwing his money at him. He claims he let Kurt go once it appeared that he wasn't capable of winning a championship. Granted we're talking about 2 different salary ranges here but still

It's just hard to believe that Gene would keep throwing his money at him. He claims he let Kurt go once it appeared that he wasn't capable of winning a championship. Granted we're talking about 2 different salary ranges here but still

Joe Custer is a pretty big part of Haas, as much as I agree.

That's possible, but you are assuming a lot. If Chevy wanted that type of deal, why have they not built it with GMS or someone else? I seriously doubt that Chevy has a boner for Kyle Busch Motorsports Quasi-Factory Team. If I'm right, Kyle will be looking for drivers with fat daddies and scrambling for sponsors like he's never had to do... maybe 1 or 2 trucks instead of four.
Would anyone be surprised if Ty Dillon winds up driving a Kyle Busch truck in 2023? I wouldn't. Just an idle thought, pure speculation.

I believe it was also rumored earlier in this thread that Chandler Smith might move to Chevy and remain with Kyle's team, as he's a family-funded driver that has not attracted OEM interest. Could Ty Dillon and C. Smith keep the lights on?

Would anyone be surprised if Ty Dillon winds up driving a Kyle Busch truck in 2023? I wouldn't. Just an idle thought, pure speculation.

I believe it was also rumored earlier in this thread that Chandler Smith might move to Chevy and remain with Kyle's team, as he's a family-funded driver that has not attracted OEM interest. Could Ty Dillon and C. Smith keep the lights on?

I hope so. Kyle’s staff at KBM was super nice.

Back
Top Bottom