Silly Season 2023

He tore up a lot of cars this year and Our just stretched themselves thin with three cars.

At worst, Jeb might drive for a JDM or I could see him moving to Jesse Iwuji's team considering he wants to expand. Yeah, its not looking good for ol' Jeb right now.
He said " near future" sounds like he already has someone interested

Are you referring to HMS Lite?

I’m surprised The General hasn’t picked up the tab for Kelley’s charter(s).
I think calling JRM HMS Lite diminishes the importance of Jr. and Kelly and their people to the success of that organization. HMS's Xfinity endeavors were an embarrassing joke until Rick partnered up with Dale and Kelly.

I’m certain the Earnhardt siblings will survive the sting of my minimizing comment. 😇

HMS's Xfinity endeavors were an embarrassing joke until Rick partnered up with Dale and Kelly.

Huh? You do realize Brian Vickers won an Xfinity championship with HMS, right? Yeah it was a failure giving seat time to guys like Boston Reid and Blake Feese, but Hendrick's Busch Series efforts were never an "embarrassing joke" at any point.

Huh? You do realize Brian Vickers won an Xfinity championship with HMS, right? Yeah it was a failure giving seat time to guys like Boston Reid and Blake Feese, but Hendrick's Busch Series efforts were never an "embarrassing joke" at any point.

Yep solid, and this doesn't even include that racing reference lists Vickers in 03 under Ricky Hendrick

I think calling JRM HMS Lite diminishes the importance of Jr. and Kelly and their people to the success of that organization. HMS's Xfinity endeavors were an embarrassing joke until Rick partnered up with Dale and Kelly.
And I'll add, although I'm not privy to JRM's financials, I'm certain they are break even at worst, profitable at best (I lean to the latter).

do you know who won the first nascar race for hms?

do you know who won the first nascar race for hms?

Yes. Doesn't everyone? :biggrin:

I feel like you're trying to trick me......

april-29-1984-geoff-bodine-leads-bobby-allison-and-richard-news-photo-1622657837.jpg

HMS was a joke in 2005 & 2006 with Kyle Busch, Kyle Krisiloff, Blake Feese, Boston Reid, Jimmie Johnson, even Vickers sucked in the 57. I’ll give him that much.

Other than Busch, who had some success, those guys all ran on an occasional basis and you can add Adrian Fernandez to that illustrious list. Not one of them ran a quarter of a season.

Nothing at all like JRM’s full-time serious efforts across all his teams. @Formerjackman please note complimentary Jr / Kelley comment.

Other than Busch, who had some success, those guys all ran on an occasional basis and you can add Adrian Fernandez to that illustrious list. Not one of them ran a quarter of a season.

Nothing at all like JRM’s full-time serious efforts across all his teams. @Formerjackman please note complimentary Jr / Kelley comment.
That was when Hendrick was learning how foolish it is to have development drivers.

The year Vickers won they did OK, but the championship field was WEAK, and they didn't win the owner's title. Kyle Busch ran well, but even he couldn't get a championship for them. Before that you would have to go back Brett Bodine in the late 80's for anything to get excited about, and everything after Kyle was. Dumpster fire.

so before this gets lost in all the bs.
hms first win in nascar nascar was in1983 with dale earnhardt in a xfinity car
Except that wasn't HMS or even All Star Racing, that was basically Rick funding Robert Gee's Busch Car. Rick MAY have been listed as the car owner, but it was Robert's car, Robert's crew, Robert's shop, and Robert was the reason Dale was in the car.

Before that you would have to go back Brett Bodine in the late 80's for anything to get excited about, and everything after Kyle was. Dumpster fire.

Sure, you would have to go back that far because there was literally nothing in the 90's. I don't recall HMS running a single BGN race the whole decade. If you're thinking of Gordon's dozen starts between '99 and '00, that was predominantly Evernham running the show.

What was after Kyle? Again, there was literally nothing because that's when JRM entered the fold. I recall one HMS entry around 2010ish with Stewart behind the wheel, and that was a victory. I don't see how you can say it was an "embarrassing joke" or a "dumpster fire" when it didn't exist.

Like jackman pointed out, it was Robert Gee's team. Rick was somewhat involved because he was interested in starting his own team and I think Gee was helping him out since Rick had sponsored Gee's dirt team. I'm pretty sure Dale tested a Cup car for Rick later that season though.
Earnhardt’s then father-in-law is listed as the owner of the Pontiacs the two of them ran in half a dozen or so races that year.

Hendrick’s name doesn’t appear anywhere until the following year. Not a big deal.

Sure, you would have to go back that far because there was literally nothing in the 90's. I don't recall HMS running a single BGN race the whole decade. If you're thinking of Gordon's dozen starts between '99 and '00, that was predominantly Evernham running the show.

What was after Kyle? Again, there was literally nothing because that's when JRM entered the fold. I recall one HMS entry around 2010ish with Stewart behind the wheel, and that was a victory. I don't see how you can say it was an "embarrassing joke" or a "dumpster fire" when it didn't exist.
Let's also not forget the Ricky Hendrick and Jack Sprague efforts in the early 2000's that bore little to no fruit. I'm sorry, but taken as a whole and compared to what Roush, RCR and even DEI and later JGR were doing, it was s rather pathetic effort for a team of HMS's stature. If you want to defend it, go ahead. I'm just thrilled that Rick finally aligned himself with a worthy effort in Xfinity.

Glad to see this. Parker Kligerman has shown a great deal of persistence over the years. And he's been driving the wheels off that #75 truck... 12 starts this year, one win at Mid-Ohio, four Top-5's, and eight Top-10's. And he's done that driving for a team with one full-time employee aided by non-paid volunteers.

Parker also does a good job as an NBC pit reporter, and often has something thoughtful to add... unlike most of what the gerbils in the booth are saying. Just my opinion, of course.

7 Time Motorsports should have Jimmie run the All-Star Race @ North Wilkesboro & maybe select road courses such as COTA, Chicago, Indy. Maybe another oval or 2?

Number? 92?

I didn’t realize Jimmie ran the 82 in Stadium trucks.
1AEAFEBA-1A07-4205-A4DE-EB6C0C3A98E1.jpeg

92 with Herzog-Jackson Motorsports for his one Busch Series win & 8th in points.

That's wild. I hope this will make PettyGM competitive.

Jimmie must have been interested in what Justin Marks did.

Gotta wonder how long he'd do this. Would be pretty cool if he somehow ended up with 2 more wins, sole spot #4 on the all time win list

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom