SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

I don't listen to Nascar Radio anymore but I did have a chance to watch some of the race this past weekend. I didn't know that Mike Bagley was a part of NBC's coverage until just before the race.

Mark me down as someone that prefers the radio call over the normal television booth announcers.

Honestly, I had TV volume off, and just went with the scanner. Worked out just fine. I don't need Bagley screaming about a battle for 27th while Burton is talking about nothing.....and Junior is not as great in the turn as he is in the booth IMO.

Depending on the track I am at the race at, I always listened to MRN or PRN, in between scanning the drivers and Nascar.

I use two scanners, one with the radio broadcast in one ear, and another with my drivers in the other ear.

Danny Lawrence on with Pat Patterson saying that manufacturers will not tolerate spec engines--ever. Additionally, said that manufacturers are working on engine concepts years down the line that would allow manufacturers to do their own thing, but NASCAR would have balance of power control to keep things even. Hinted a bit at double overhead cams. Just when I want to dump this subscription, he comes nuggets like this....

If we are indeed moving to production based engines, then it stand to reason that the Ford and Toyota engines would be DOHC, as they don't have anything else.

If we are indeed moving to production based engines, then it stand to reason that the Ford and Toyota engines would be DOHC, as they don't have anything else.
I think they are heading for the BOP, balance of performance way of doing it myself. Engines will no longer cost an arm and a leg to get to the horsepower that works. New terms like sandbagging, and laying down will become buzz words.

The Morning Drive Gold this morning. Pistone asks Chris Rice about what went into picking Justin Hayley's Crew Chief. Lack of preparation, lack of professionalism, spending all of his time trying to be cute leads to a very unfortunate moment. Pathetic.

I think they are heading for the BOP, balance of performance way of doing it myself. Engines will no longer cost an arm and a leg to get to the horsepower that works. New terms like sandbagging, and laying down will become buzz words.

Well, I'm under the impression that the current three and any potential new manufacturers REALLY want production based engines, that is what I'm basing my comments off of. Frankly, if we aren't going to have any more horsepower than we have now, there is simply no reason reason to continue producing specialty engines capable of double the needed output and that have no other purpose than Cup racing.

New segment on NASCAR Radio Post Race Show....."Chasing Victory".....It never ends...

The Morning Drive Gold this morning. Pistone asks Chris Rice about what went into picking Justin Hayley's Crew Chief. Lack of preparation, lack of professionalism, spending all of his time trying to be cute leads to a very unfortunate moment. Pathetic.

None of this has to do with Nick Harrison right?

Todd Gordon was on Monday.....Excellent explanation of what is done to the cars to achieve the downforce/speed balance. Absolutely fascinating.....Another reason not to cancel. Damn.

I seen what info Pockrass put out, I always liked Harrison when he was Kurt's CC on the 51 Finch car. Shame the mouthpieces have to blurt their opinions that's all I'll say.

Every year at Daytona Preseason Testing, as sure to happen as the sun coming out, Darrell Waltrip would find every journalist and reporter he could, and would cry that NASCAR had to penalize the Fords otherwise Mr. France would not have much of a show for his big race in February.

Just listened to Logano show from Friday morning. Talking heads whining about driver's responses to questions post race. Bagley/Pistone asks how Joey manages media post race after a bad race clearly baiting him into saying something about Kyle. Joey gives his usual pious answer, and then says that the only questions that piss him off are the ones where reporters are clearly trying to create a storyline (bait). OMG. IQ points in short supply during that show.

Just listened to Logano show from Friday morning. Talking heads whining about driver's responses to questions post race. Bagley/Pistone asks how Joey manages media post race after a bad race clearly baiting him into saying something about Kyle. Joey gives his usual pious answer, and then says that the only questions that piss him off are the ones where reporters are clearly trying to create a storyline (bait). OMG. IQ points in short supply during that show.
no driver has said anything about that jackass in years. He digs his own holes, or drops his own mic. No explanation necessary.

no driver has said anything about that jackass in years. He digs his own holes, or drops his own mic. No explanation necessary.

Not the point of the post, but carry on.......

Another Bagley/Pistone gem this week as they tried to stir the listeners up over the PJ1 at ISM.....Bagley thought that they should spread the stuff from top to bottom in both corners. Common sense tells us that that would render the track in the same situation as before anything was laid down. Get these jackasses off of the air. That is terrible.

Another Bagley/Pistone gem this week as they tried to stir the listeners up over the PJ1 at ISM.....Bagley thought that they should spread the stuff from top to bottom in both corners. Common sense tells us that that would render the track in the same situation as before anything was laid down. Get these jackasses off of the air. That is terrible.
Wow, that is dumb! Even I know that if you put it in the preferred groove then it renders a single file race because no one will leave the bottom.

Go Kyle!

There's a reason those 2 are on the radio and not making top level decisions for the sanctioning body

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So in perfect NASCAR Radio fashion....on the morning of the first day of Championship Weekend......Thing 1 (Bagley) and Thing 2 (Pistone) have President of XM Cohen on.....Now, I understand why these idiots stay on the air. They are employed by a bigger idiot. We have racing to talk about, but instead, we talk about how great the channel is. Pathetic. If I didn't need my NASCAR fix so badly in the winter, I would cancel this **** right now. What a bunch of jerks.

Revman in pollination mode. :D

But I agree -- NASCAR has no legitimate journalism, just media mouthpieces. Not a surprise when they proudly shut down Jaws.

Opinions vary...

And so Thing 1 and Thing 2 have Thing 3 (Moody) on to berate the fanbase, and then proceed with Thing 2's completely stupid Power Rankings of Thanksgiving food or something. Idiots.

The real reason for my post....Congrats to Hoda on her engagement! :) @dpkimmel2001 :)

And so Thing 1 and Thing 2 have Thing 3 (Moody) on to berate the fanbase, and then proceed with Thing 2's completely stupid Power Rankings of Thanksgiving food or something. Idiots.

The real reason for my post....Congrats to Hoda on her engagement! :) @dpkimmel2001 :)
I'm sure you can win her back.

This my favorite time of the year to listen to the morning drive. They had Jeff Hammond and Brad Gillie in for the normal two and now I'll actually listen on the drive to work

This my favorite time of the year to listen to the morning drive. They had Jeff Hammond and Brad Gillie in for the normal two and now I'll actually listen on the drive to work

I cannot like this enough! I agree! What a relief!

At least on Television, the ratings for those two networks have gotten so bad, they don't have much choice but to give it away.
They're all there and they're all free. I don't know about Nascar Radio anymore though. I'm so disconnected from this sport these days. My only exposure is what I read on here from time to time. I never thought I'd say that about a sport that I followed so closely for decades.

I'm on a trial of SiriusXM now but NASCAR isn't included. Wtf?

Nice to have easy access to MSNBC and CNN in the car though.

I think that I had to upgrade (for a fee) with my "free trial" years ago to get NASCAR Radio.

Rush over to NASCAR Radio right now to hear Bagley and Pistone talk about nothing. Why do other shows have stuff to talk about one week from cars on track, but these guys routinely are terrible? I will answer that. The producers allow their arrogance to dictate the narrative. Their storylines are stupid, and they beat them to death. Then, they sprinkle in their pathetic humor. What a lovely show. Cancel this crap, and let's give it to Gille and whoever he wants as his sidekick.

I really love satellite radio.....NASCAR channel needs work though....
Agreed. Given that it's the offseason, I can understand lack of content, but.... give me re-airs of old races instead of some of the hosts they have now. Heck, work out a deal to air some of the good racing podcasts. I'd far rather listen to anything on DirtyMo (Dale Jr. Download, Door Bumper Clear), Glass Case of Emotion, Sunday Money, etc.

The collective IQ of the on air "talent" on NASCAR Radio is in full bloom this morning as they address the Coronavirus. Please stop talking.

NASCAR Radio is shut down because of the virus. I will just leave this here.

Back
Top Bottom