SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

fs1 just upped fees .............23 cents per subscriber....ta 80 cents.
comcast signed.........tw/dish/directtv not....yet.

not good sign fer racin fans.

way too much college ftb/bb an mma i suspect.

miss hooters pageant on tonite.

is this tha type a' new fs1 programming we can expect ? ha!

Already seeing where SPEED motorsports programming is moving to FOX Sports 2. As confident as I am about the direction of motorsports on NBC Sports Network and NASCAR being on FS1 and NBCSN, I'm not so confident about other motorsports programming and think a lot of it will be on the obscure FOX Sports 2 cable channel.

Although the FS1 launch is still over 2 weeks out I'd feel better if DirecTV had a carriage agreement in place. I have a feeling they are also going to use FXX as a bartering chip in this. "It's Always Hot in Philadelphia", "The League", "Legit" and "Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell" have a very loyal following and they are all moving to FXX. (I am a big fan of all 4 of those shows because they are funny as hell)

Although the FS1 launch is still over 2 weeks out I'd feel better if DirecTV had a carriage agreement in place. I have a feeling they are also going to use FXX as a bartering chip in this. "It's Always Hot in Philadelphia", "The League", "Legit" and"Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell" have a very loyal following and they are all moving to FXX. (I am a big fan of all 4 of those shows because they are funny as hell)

I'm shocked FOX isn't moving the Truck Series to FOX Sports 2. FOX is famous for that stuff.

I'm shocked FOX isn't moving the Truck Series to FOX Sports 2. FOX is famous for that stuff.

They probably would if not for something in the contract. NASCAR probably learned their lesson from when FX had low penetration and would show a couple of Cup races per year to make people call their provider to demand FX.

wait til sept football kicks in !

They at least worked their college football time slots around the Truck Series races. If there's anything else on a Saturday that isn't being covered already it will probably be moved to FS2. Most practices and qualifying sessions are on Friday anyways, and the Saturday Nationwide Series stuff is obviously going to be on ESPN networks. You also have to remember they're not always going to have college football tripleheaders like they do the first weekend. That alone frees up at least four hours of programming.

2013 racin is irrelevant. an fb 3 headers will be rest a' season.

long term----fox --1st half..........nbc --2nd half

2013 racin is irrelevant. an fb 3 headers will be rest a' season.

long term----fox --1st half..........nbc --2nd half

Several weekends they're only going to have doubleheaders (September 21/28, October 19, November 2). But yes, ultimately the second half stuff will be on NBC/NBCSN so it's not too big of a deal.

Already seeing where SPEED motorsports programming is moving to FOX Sports 2. As confident as I am about the direction of motorsports on NBC Sports Network and NASCAR being on FS1 and NBCSN, I'm not so confident about other motorsports programming and think a lot of it will be on the obscure FOX Sports 2 cable channel.

I've never even heard of fox sports 2.

Dish as well.

After just viewing their guide I can understand why I haven't ever watched that channel. If they throw some NASCAR on there I'll be there.
All UFC fighting junk, except I did find one glimmer of hope, Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant. :cool:

All UFC fighting junk, except I did find one glimmer of hope, Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant. :cool:

The Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant? I guess I'll have to add that channel to my favorites list.

As I like to say, there's no sense being a dirty old man if you can't act like one . . .

we got a new "hooters type" resturant openin here----twin peaks......anybody got one nearby ?

BQigW3uCEAE_-4S.jpg

Bet that truck gets a lot of TV time.

This will be a welcome alternative to BSPN!!

Tired of that channel.

thanks fer tip.
big joint. will check out once they open.
ole guy...1 beer fer an hour.....no food order....ha!

we got a new "hooters type" resturant openin here----twin peaks......anybody got one nearby ?
We went to one in Atlanta a couple of years ago, decent food and pretty girls in skimpy outfits. We saw it and didn't know what it was and stopped, made my eyes happy.

just watched 30 min fs1 promo on speed.
showed all fs1 broadcast teams ---all stick-n-ball sports....even ufc........ plus mike tyson....regis philbin...mush/etc
but ........no race broadcasters in whole group ? maybe no contracts signed yet ?

sounds like nascar's gonna get "red headed stepchild" treatment......just like at espn.
in fact...whole promo looks like fs1 is usin espn biz model.

showed all fs1 broadcast teams ---all stick-n-ball sports....even ufc........ plus mike tyson....regis philbin...mush/etc
but ........no race broadcasters in whole group ? maybe no contracts signed yet ?

sounds like nascar's gonna get "red headed stepchild" treatment......just like at espn.
Color me surprised.

and if NASCAR is ESPN's red headed stepchild, dare I ask what NHRA is?

Yeah "WOW LOOK AT THIS"
001_9898.gif

Back
Top Bottom