Stewart-Haas Racing

Was watching some random stats & noticed that Cindric only has 3 top 10's for the whole season. Briscoe, who has been struggling as well, has 3 top 5's & 7 top 10's. This is more of a Ford thing rather than a SHR issue, I think.

I see people bringing Briscoe's points position without mentioning that he had a huge penalty early in the season. I think there's light at the end of the tunnel for SHR.

Was watching some random stats & noticed that Cindric only has 3 top 10's for the whole season. Briscoe, who has been struggling as well, has 3 top 5's & 7 top 10's. This is more of a Ford thing rather than a SHR issue, I think.

I see people bringing Briscoe's points position without mentioning that he had a huge penalty early in the season. I think there's light at the end of the tunnel for SHR.
Without the penalty, Briscoe would be 22nd place, ahead of Almirola by 4 points and Cindric would be 24th, 25 points back...if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it is very dim.

But at least in NHRA Stewart is 2nd in points in top alcohol dragster and Leah is 4th in top fuel

But at least in NHRA Stewart is 2nd in points in top alcohol dragster and Leah is 4th in top fuel

More proof that his lack of interest in NASCAR is the problem with SHR. His NHRA teams have all his attention and are doing quite well.

More proof that his lack of interest in NASCAR is the problem with SHR. His NHRA teams have all his attention and are doing quite well.
The problem with SHR is that the Fords suck...Keep the faith......but I truly do not understand the Preece signing.......the narrative is that he doesn't bring money. He has not impressed, and he has a mouth. I wonder about Briscoe....and Berry fell off the face of the planet in Xfinity. Time will tell I suppose.

Roger Penske.....Line 1.

Just because Penske and gannasi were able to do it doesn't change the fact that SHR was a top tier team when Tony was always around, and now that he isn't they are not a top tier team. What works for one does not necessarily work for another.

Just because Penske and gannasi were able to do it doesn't change the fact that SHR was a top tier team when Tony was always around, and now that he isn't they are not a top tier team. What works for one does not necessarily work for another.
I think the point is that any organization is as good as the people hired. Tony isn't running this show on his own.....probably not a Tony thing so much as it is a Ford thing....and maybe a hiring plan that insists on "self-made" drivers opposed to pure talent. I will give Tony this....he has an ethic, and he is sticking to it....perhaps at his own expense.

I think the point is that any organization is as good as the people hired. Tony isn't running this show on his own.....probably not a Tony thing so much as it is a Ford thing....and maybe a hiring plan that insists on "self-made" drivers opposed to pure talent. I will give Tony this....he has an ethic, and he is sticking to it....perhaps at his own expense.

RFK is Ford and doing quite well this year, and while having a down year Penske is still doing much better than SHR. I feel the biggest problem with SHR is that tony and the other felon aren't around often enough.

RFK is Ford and doing quite well this year, and while having a down year Penske is still doing much better than SHR. I feel the biggest problem with SHR is that tony and the other felon aren't around often enough.
Damn good point. RFK is amazing.

I have been in most of the large teams shops many times and I have never seen any of the owners there. I don't think any of the owners actually spend that much time in their shops except maybe the ones that actually live in the same state as their shop is in. That being said, the key is to have good people in place to oversee any of the day-to-day activities. Roger Penske owns a lot of very successful businesses all over this world, but I doubt he spends a lot of time at any one of them. In all motorsports, certain teams will dominate for a few years and others will struggle until they find something that allows them to run strong again. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't be surprised if the felon spends an ample amount of time at HMS since his dealerships are right next door and he lives in the area.

I have been in most of the large teams shops many times and I have never seen any of the owners there. I don't think any of the owners actually spend that much time in their shops except maybe the ones that actually live in the same state as their shop is in. That being said, the key is to have good people in place to oversee any of the day-to-day activities. Roger Penske owns a lot of very successful businesses all over this world, but I doubt he spends a lot of time at any one of them. In all motorsports, certain teams will dominate for a few years and others will struggle until they find something that allows them to run strong again. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't be surprised if the felon spends an ample amount of time at HMS since his dealerships are right next door and he lives in the area.

All I know is when Tony used to be at the track every weekend SHR was a top tier team and now that he isn't SHR is no longer a top tier team.

All I know is when Tony used to be at the track every weekend SHR was a top tier team and now that he isn't SHR is no longer a top tier team.
Hopefully they will come back around eventually. We will just have to wait and see. But I would like to see him win the TAD championship this year.

Well, I appreciate that.....When I talk about MY Toyotas, all objectivity goes out the window. I admit that.

As much as we debate I have so much respect for your passion about the rice burners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHR is like a shell of it's former self. Two (seemingly) absent owners, underperforming cars & drivers, and no indication things will get better. Even the "no appeal" thing reeks of giving up. Too bad as I was stoked when Tony became a team owner. He's off to win a different kind of Championship* and NASCAR just seems to be in the rear view.

*He's looking good to win the 2023 T/A Dragster Championship.

As much as we debate I have so much respect for your passion about the rice burners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I appreciate that. I really do.

1697607451105.png

I'm still taking Toyota over Ford or Chevy in a race to 250,000 miles.
Ha! No doubt. Toyota and Lexus are always two of the top 3 most reliable vehicles on the market. Ford is near the bottom and Chevy is in the middle.

As for SHR, I continue to say they're behind because neither owner is rarely at the track. I think Roger Penske has spread himself a little too thin as well.

Oh man, this is a tough one to watch

I had never been that much of a Harvick fan in the past but I had been becoming more of one in recent years. Also, I always hate it when another veteran of his caliber leaves the sport and fades away into the sunset. I didn't like watching it either and for the same reasons you found it tough.

Back
Top Bottom