Team Orders?

Ol Smokie

Team Owner
I'm not sure if Gibbs told Kyle Bush not to race Hamlin in those final laps, but if he did, I don't see the difference between that and asking a boxer to take a dive. If I'm M & M's and cutting a multimillion dollar check to have my product on the car for the biggest race of the year, I really wouldn't care if it was a Ford, Chevy or Toyota, I want my car to win and if I found out that the team ordered my driver to deliberately let another car and sponsor win, I would be livid.

I'm not sure if Gibbs told Kyle Bush not to race Hamlin in those final laps, but if he did, I don't see the difference between that and asking a boxer to take a dive. If I'm M & M's and cutting a multimillion dollar check to have my product on the car for the biggest race of the year, I really wouldn't care if it was a Ford, Chevy or Toyota, I want my car to win and if I found out that the team ordered my driver to deliberately let another car and sponsor win, I would be livid.

Daytona is a challenge, why risk wrecking everybody that is left and throwing away a win ? I think JGR did what they had to do for the greater good.

You've never watched Formula One before I take it. The teams make leaders slow down and let their team car pass to win the race.

Kyle isn't letting Hamlin win on purpose, he's never won the 500 and Hamlin did in 2016. Team orders, no way....I don't think these like each other very much anyway.

:XXROFL:

I don't particularly like ANY of the people involved, but you'll NEVER get me to believe Kyle Busch would every do anything but try to win the race.

Except this time -- his post race interview said it all. KyBu was very accepting of this missed opportunity. He must've realized the bigger picture and tribute, instead of being disruptive. He knew we knew that was Holy Joe Orders.

Throughout 2018 and the 500 yesterday there appeared to be team orders when two drivers on the same team started or restarted on the front row and the driver would "let" the other driver into the preferred lane.

Throughout 2018 and the 500 yesterday there appeared to be team orders when two drivers on the same team started or restarted on the front row and the driver would "let" the other driver into the preferred lane.

Yeah, that was so the team drivers could hopefully settle the race among themselves, not to favor one teammate over another one.

Except this time -- his post race interview said it all. KyBu was very accepting of this missed opportunity. He must've realized the bigger picture and tribute, instead of being disruptive. He knew we knew that was Holy Joe Orders.

I don't think the JGR celebration is THAT materially changed if Kyle or the Jones boy wins the race instead of Denny.

KyBu had to eat the other half of Holy Joe's big crap sandwich that Denny ate at Homestead.

JGR team orders -- so obvious even Revman is boasting about it.

JGR is ruthless, and I tip my hat for doing what it takes to own the podium. :)

Kyle didn't talk to his brother Kurt for a long time after they wrecked together until their grandmother got involved..... Kyle would easily have wrecked Denny if he had the chance.

Yeah, and he threatened to punch Denny after another All Star Race incident. Kyle MIGHT have taken fewer chances since Denny already had the position, but if Kyle was leading, he isn't giving that spot up, even for Jesus.

I don't think the JGR celebration is THAT materially changed if Kyle or the Jones boy wins the race instead of Denny.

Oh please -- the genuine emotional context of that moment for both Hamlin and Holy Joe cannot be overstated.

KyBu had to eat the other half of Holy Joe's big crap sandwich that Denny ate at Homestead.

I didn't agree with it, but comparing giving up a preferred pit stall to taking a dive in the Daytona 500 is ludicrous.

Such complete bull****. If he had acted like our 2018 Champion, you would be posting the **** out of that. A joke of a post.

Any time on any track that two cars from a multi car team control the front row that happens if it is to their advantage to do so. This ain't a new thing.

Of course it isn't. The 11 was special to JD. I figured somebody would try to tear that down.

Isnt it nice to be able to post on a message board and be completely void of facts on the subject?

i think kdb raced denny as hard as he could.
i also beleive preacher ordered kdb to restart on the bottom.
payback for homestead.
welcome to the show.

@Revman unless you don't want me to see it. Oh wait. Toyota wasn't doing anything anybody else hasn't been doing on a plate track for a couple of years now. Even The Entitled threw a hissy fit when his Ford teammate didn't play along.

Oh please -- the genuine emotional context of that moment for both Hamlin and Holy Joe cannot be overstated.

It was difficult to watch, not being a religious person. However, it's best to let Joe believe what he believes. I personally believe Kyle Busch was blocking for his teammate after his initially run for the lead was blocked by Denny and that's fine by me.

@Revman unless you don't want me to see it. Oh wait. Toyota wasn't doing anything anybody else hasn't been doing on a plate track for a couple of years now. Even The Entitled threw a hissy fit when his Ford teammate didn't play along.

I don't get it. Some of these people I guess are confused stick n ballers that don't have a clue that this kind of restart strategy since the double file restart was instituted has been this way.

I'm not a JGR fan but I'm glad they won and went 1, 2, 3. Redemption for all the shade thrown at them last year which were lacking in facts.

I don't get it. Some of these people I guess are confused stick n ballers that don't have a clue that this kind of restart strategy since the double file restart was instituted has been this way.

Dude, they springboard off of the silly anti-Toyota/JGR narrative you facilitate on a daily basis. The difference is that your jabs are rooted in a high IQ for this sport. Others....not so much.

I would say those are apples to oranges comparisons. IF, IF...not sure he did, KB took a dive for Hamlin because of orders, that's different than Joey being upset that a Ford went and helped a Toyota and left him out to dry. Pushing the same manufacturer is basically a given in this sport.

Dude, they springboard off of the silly anti-Toyota/JGR narrative you facilitate on a daily basis. The difference is that your jabs are rooted in a high IQ for this sport. Others....not so much.
and what are you? :D:D:p

Idk that JG gave any orders, but I wouldn't doubt that he probably wanted it to turn out this way.

If there was any logic behind Kb not racing the 11 any harder its because Kb probably knows that both the 11 and 18 would've both been run over by the 22 if KB tried anything before turn 4. And in the end, he wasn't in a position to do anything by turn 4.

Blocking for your teammates is a part of racing and NASCAR. The most famous lap of the Daytona 500 had a great deal of blocking done on it by a team owner for 2 of his drivers. People forget that.

Back
Top Bottom