The Food thread

Ingredients
1 stalk celery, chopped fine 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup onion, chopped fine 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 lb. butter 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup AP flour 1 lb. crabmeat
1 can evaporated milk 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
2 egg yolks

Saute onions and celery until onions are wilted. Blend flour in well with this mixture. Gradually stir
in the milk, stirring constantly. Add egg yolks, salt, peppers and cook for 5 minutes -- low heat.
Pour mixture over crabmeat and blend well.
Pour into lightly grease casserole and top with cheddar.
Bake at 375* for 10 to 15 minutes --- until light brown.

Ingredients
1 stalk celery, chopped fine 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup onion, chopped fine 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 lb. butter 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup AP flour 1 lb. crabmeat
1 can evaporated milk 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
2 egg yolks

Saute onions and celery until onions are wilted. Blend flour in well with this mixture. Gradually stir
in the milk, stirring constantly. Add egg yolks, salt, peppers and cook for 5 minutes -- low heat.
Pour mixture over crabmeat and blend well.
Pour into lightly grease casserole and top with cheddar.
Bake at 375* for 10 to 15 minutes --- until light brown.
That looks really good. It's somewhat different from the wife's so I'm sure that she'll try it next time. She changes ours up between lump back crab, king crab legs and spiny lobster.

That looks really good. It's somewhat different from the wife's so I'm sure that she'll try it next time. She changes ours up between lump back crab, king crab legs and spiny lobster.
This is from an old recipe book I bought years ago from Don's Seafood in Beaumont. It was one of their specialties.
Although I think Don's in only in Baton Rouge, LA, now.

Casserole turned out absolutely delicious. :) :)
We both ate far too much. Sent 1/2 of what was left home with brother.
I showed the recipe to the wife last night. She said it was quite a bit different than hers and she's going to prepare it while we're at Lake Eufaula next week. She told me to be sure and thank you for posting it.

This needs to be stirred the whole cooking time. You can add more milk if it gets too thick.
Similar to making gravy --- you don't want it too thick. Just pourable.
She said that makes a big difference, thanks again. :D

Easter cow parts...

Hell yes! Be right up buddy!
hungry.gif

I cooked a tri-tip on Wednesday. Today I took an incredibly sharp knife and thinly cut up the tri-tip slices on a bias. I put the slices into a saucepan with butter sautéed onions, Lillie Q's Carolina BBQ sauce, a bit of yellow mustard and a dash of soy sauce and let it simmer. I steamed a French roll, lined it with a shredded Mexican cheese blend, added the simmered meat and a little BBQ sauce topper. Tasty.

I cooked a tri-tip on Wednesday. Today I took an incredibly sharp knife and thinly cut up the tri-tip slices on a bias. I put the slices into a saucepan with butter sautéed onions, Lillie Q's Carolina BBQ sauce, a bit of yellow mustard and a dash of soy sauce and let it simmer. I steamed a French roll, lined it with a shredded Mexican cheese blend, added the simmered meat and a little BBQ sauce topper. Tasty.

Showing me that rates you right down there with @Clutch and his damn Muzza's meat pies. Ya'll are just plain sadistic. :mad::mad::mad::p

Currently watching Triple D. I don’t get the chicken and waffles thing. One is breakfast, one is dinner.
Maybe it’s just because I don’t eat waffles :idunno:

Seven pounds of steamed shrimp for me and the family last night, along with baked beans and potato salad... followed up by a red velvet cake. :D

Chili-Pineapple Margarita

1 cup plus 1½ teaspoons white sugar
1 cup water
4 1-inch strips lime zest
4 1-inch strips orange zest, plus 1 orange wedge
1 jalapeno chili, halved
1 habanero chili, halved
1 tablespoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon chili powder
4 ounces (½ cup) reposado tequila
2 ounces (¼ cup) pineapple juice
1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the water, both zests and both chilies. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a jar, discarding the solids. Let cool.
While the syrup cools, in a small bowl, stir together the salt, chili powder and remaining sugar. Spread the mixture on a small plate. Use the orange wedge to moisten the rims of 2 rocks glasses, then dip in the chili salt, turning to coat.
In a ****tail shaker, combine the tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and 1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) of the chili syrup. Add 2 cups of ice cubes and shake vigorously, 10 to 15 seconds. Strain into the prepared glasses.

Chili-Pineapple Margarita

1 cup plus 1½ teaspoons white sugar
1 cup water
4 1-inch strips lime zest
4 1-inch strips orange zest, plus 1 orange wedge
1 jalapeno chili, halved
1 habanero chili, halved
1 tablespoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon chili powder
4 ounces (½ cup) reposado tequila
2 ounces (¼ cup) pineapple juice
1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the water, both zests and both chilies. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a jar, discarding the solids. Let cool.
While the syrup cools, in a small bowl, stir together the salt, chili powder and remaining sugar. Spread the mixture on a small plate. Use the orange wedge to moisten the rims of 2 rocks glasses, then dip in the chili salt, turning to coat.
In a ****tail shaker, combine the tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and 1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) of the chili syrup. Add 2 cups of ice cubes and shake vigorously, 10 to 15 seconds. Strain into the prepared glasses.
That's too damn much trouble. By the time I got to the "combine the Tequila" part there wouldn't be any left. :confused: :D

Back
Top Bottom