The Food thread

The wife made the Crab Meat Au Gratin from your recipe tonight @TexasRaceLady but she changed it to Shrimp Au Gratin. She cajun steamed 2 lbs of heads on U6 Royal Reds. Then headed, peeled and chopped them into 1/2" pieces and followed your recipe closely like you said and it was absolutely delicious. She said to tell you that it was easy and scrumptious..

Called the Pho place down the street today to see why I couldn’t find an online menu.
The girl said, “We don’t have a website.”
o_O
I said, thanks, goodbye.

It's about time for some more frog legs!
With that little storm heading our way I was thinking about going froggin tonight or tomorrow. Just before a storm is a good time to go.
Buffalo wings are a little more satisfying.
I do like frog legs but I’m always hungry afterwards (similar to eating at a Puck restaurant.)

With that little storm heading our way I was thinking about going froggin tonight or tomorrow. Just before a storm is a good time to go.
Ever been to a place called Bubba's, out near Enterprise, MS?

It is a small place but delivers big time all the time. :D

We have an abundance of Muzza's pies down here so as of yet we haven't had to resort to eating a frogs hind legs. :bleh:

Ever been to a place called Bubba's, out near Enterprise, MS?

It is a small place but delivers big time all the time. :D
That's a new one on me and a long way from where I live. :rolleyes:

We enjoyed these while watching the Coke 600, along with some South Bay Florida Sweet Corn on the cob(the best).:punkrocke MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Ribs.jpg

I’m gonna order Chinese. There is one great Chinese restaurant in this area that delivers here because I tip them to go out of their way. I’m just at the edge of their delivery limits and I don’t do GrubHub.
I appreciate the food and the service.

I picked up a pressure cooker (not the Instant Pot). I'm learning how to use it but my beef stew takes a half hour instead of 6 hours in a slow cooker.

Got my daughter a Instant Pot,the 6 qt but as much as she uses it for advance food prep should have gotten the 8qt. Chili, stews, and it does rice perfectly. Frozen chicken breasts, some pasta, sauce, 20 minutes it's ready.

I began the weekend wanting meat and potatoes. Decided yesterday on beef short ribs and mashed potatoes.
That changed today when I developed a craving for spicy.
I had already marinated beef short ribs in Allegro. I put the marinated ribs in the oven, low and slow, 2 hrs at 225. Once I decided on spicy I mixed Lillie’s Q Carolina with a bit of Pico Pica, Valentina black label, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Coated the shortys after the bake and let it them rest while I lit the coals.
The mashed potatoes morphed into a Hasselback baked potato. Traditional Hasselback recipe except used Kerrygold garlic/herb butter with cumin and chili powder. Baked for 30 minutes then fanned the potato and inserted Serrano pepper and thin sliced vidalia onion into the slices, baked another 15 minutes and topped with buttered, seasoned, cheese bread crumbs.
Pics very soon.

What's with corn in your chili? First time I've seen, or heard, of that.....?

What's with corn in your chili? First time I've seen, or heard, of that.....?
I take it that's a reply to me?....

I love corn! I don't think there are any rules for Chili. And the wife can't eat corn....which means more for me. :D

Yep, true there's no rules for chili, it just struck me funny,

I absolutely love this time of the year with farm stands opening and all their fresh produce.!

Looks like a really good place to get vegetables, plus the feedback on line is all positive. If ya like Catfish (and I do) looks like the place to go.
Their catfish aren't like some other farm raised catfish. They're firm and tasty just like the ones you catch out of the rivers.

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom