Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its difficult to understand all of the fighting, arguing and name calling thats been going on after this tragedy, seems to me that folks could behave a bit better.
Most of us dont really know what went down last night, we certainly dont know enough to be making a lot of the judgements that I have been reading on the racing forums. just my opinion of course

15 seconds of fame got this kid dead. Truly a very sad story and there should be a rule of getting out of your car and walking into traffic.

The media pundits are infuriating. I wish I had a couple personal phone numbers to harass the hell out of them.

15 seconds of fame got this kid dead. Truly a very sad story and there should be a rule of getting out of your car and walking into traffic.

If he wasn't hit he wouldn't have had any attention. This is all ratings-fueled media bull****.

Olbermann is a psychotic weasel. Insane that ESPN give him a forum after he spent a decade as a human hate crime on MSNBC spewing venom at half the country. He's hardcore liberal fascist, yet gets his own sports show. Insane.

"An investigation is ongoing after Tony Stewart kills another driver after an on-track confrontation" - Richelle Carey, Al Jazeera America

Kevin Ward would still be alive if he didn't run out onto the track, and he could have easily been accidentally hit by a different driver.

It's too difficult to determine what happened based on the one video angle we have. However, I'm not convinced that Tony ran over him intentionally, as those cars are difficult to drive and this happened at night.

What a shame. The driver killed was practically my age.

Can you elaborate or are you just stirring the pot?

Not yet. I don't want to start a sheet storm on here. I'll wait for the police investigation and Tony's statements on what was happening and what he saw. They have the same video we all saw, but no Go-pro from Tony. I guess he wasn't wearing one this week.

That poor kid takes 3 trips around that tire like a rag doll. Ugly way to go.

The initial contact between Stewart's and Ward's cars was extremely minimal from my experience at dirt sprint tracks. The kid got pinched into the fence; simple as that. Happens at dirt tracks everywhere. What happened afterward was not common and was extremely unfortunate for anyone and everyone directly affected.
I saw nothing malicious on anyone's part in the only available video account of the incident.
An unfortunate set of circumstances transpired that resulted in the death of a young man. More than one person's actions contributed to Ward being struck by Stewart's car.
I don't think it is beneficial or in good taste to attempt to assign blame percentage to anyone involved.
There needs to be some positive change from this incident that prevents this from ever happening again.

Well, **** us. ABC News just did the damage. Following the report about Ward, they talked about how this happens at every race complete with a collection of video clips from the Bowman Gray Stadium Greatest Hits DVD.

The initial contact between Stewart's and Ward's cars was extremely minimal from my experience at dirt sprint tracks. The kid got pinched into the fence; simple as that. Happens at dirt tracks everywhere. What happened afterward was not common and was extremely unfortunate for anyone and everyone directly affected.
I saw nothing malicious on anyone's part in the only available video account of the incident.
An unfortunate set of circumstances transpired that resulted in the death of a young man. More than one person's actions contributed to Ward being struck by Stewart's car.
I don't think it is beneficial or in good taste to attempt to assign blame percentage to anyone involved.
There needs to be some positive change from this incident that prevents this from ever happening again.
JMO, of course. YMHYOOOHTET (youmayhaveyourownopinionofhowtheeventstranspired.) :)

Im not annoyed by ridiculous news coverage of this event. The media in this country distorts everything rather than simply reporting the facts at hand and thats nothing new. Everybody knows it.

Im more annoyed by people on social media that are calling Stewart a murderer and watch a single report and all of a sudden they are experts on everything racing.

Not yet. I don't want to start a sheet storm on here. I'll wait for the police investigation and Tony's statements on what was happening and what he saw. They have the same video we all saw, but no Go-pro from Tony. I guess he wasn't wearing one this week.

That poor kid takes 3 trips around that tire like a rag doll. Ugly way to go.
You don't sound to confident in your accusation of murder.

I'd come with a stronger case if that's what you really think. Otherwise, I'd keep your thoughts to yourself.

YMHYOOOHTET (youmayhaveyourownopinionofhowtheeventstranspired.) :)
:XXROFL:

Honestly, I might just skip on the media circus and let you guys keep me updated via this thread. I'm incredibly tired from staying up last night and I'm just not in the mood for it at all. (Not that I'd be in the mood for it if I wasn't tired.)

Smoke should race next weekend. If it was a nobody that was involved this story would already be buried.
Fact is it wasnt a nobody. It was a motorsports household name. Cant play the "if" game with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom