Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...If it was a nobody that was involved this story would already be buried.
Unfortunately, sometimes it requires something media worthy to raise awareness that affects positive change. Steps must be taken to inhibit on-foot drivers or pedestrians from putting themselves in the path of race vehicles on racetracks.

You don't sound to confident in your accusation of murder.

I'd come with a stronger case if that's what you really think. Otherwise, I'd keep your thoughts to yourself.

Dear Jeb, lay off the beer. I never said anything about murder. :rolleyes:

If Tony can't prove he never saw the kid, he may have to explain the move he attempted. Blue car in front had less time to react and made the turn down without hitting the gas. IF Tony saw him, it's possible he played a little game of chicken and the car gets away from him.

Right now I'm going with he never saw him. A prosecutor may see it as wreckless endangerment or something like that, but not murder.

:XXROFL:

Honestly, I might just skip on the media circus and let you guys keep me updated via this thread. I'm incredibly tired from staying up last night and I'm just not in the mood for it at all. (Not that I'd be in the mood for it if I wasn't tired.)

You will not miss much, I am sure.

Dear Jeb, lay off the beer. I never said anything about murder. :rolleyes:

If Tony can't prove he never saw the kid, he may have to explain the move he attempted. Blue car in front had less time to react and made the turn down without hitting the gas. IF Tony saw him, it's possible he played a little game of chicken and the car gets away from him.

Right now I'm going with he never saw him. A prosecutor may see it as wreckless endangerment or something like that, but not murder.
Its not what you know. Its what you can prove in court.

I'm going to be leaving tomorrow morning for our Brainerd Mn race and then on to Indy, so i will not see the next 3 Nascar races...but i am definitely going to check in here from time to time to see how this all turns out.

I'm going to be leaving tomorrow morning for our Brainerd Mn race and then on to Indy, so i will not see the next 3 Nascar races...but i am definitely going to check in here from time to time to see how this all turns out.

This isn't the best place for accurate info, but we'll do our best.

It's funny they named a place brain nerd. Have a safe trip.

This is a sad case of 2 drivers doing the wrong thing at the wrong time and at the wrong place.
Nothing we can say will change what happened at the track last night.
We CAN damage the community we have here through our words.

Wisdom as always TRL. Like everyone, I'm incredibly sick over this unfortunate tragedy. I've gone to sprint car races my whole life and have seen many things, including fatalities, but nothing like this. It's eerily reminiscent of the Armando Teran incident during the1973 Indy 500 though the circumstances were different.

As sad as this situation is, it's important to look at the facts as we know it. The move Tony made on the track was a classic slide job which you'll see at every dirt track race. The person getting slid makes a choice to try to clear the slider on the high side or let off and hammer it underneath them coming off the corner. Dirt track 101 there. Ward thought he could clear Tony apparently and obviously made the wrong choice. Not Tony's fault there and at worst, a racing deal.

The next part where Ward immediately got out of the car on a TURN to waive his arms at Tony was simply crazy. By all accounts he was a nice young man but the heat of the moment simply got the better of him. For anyone who hasn't walked on a dirt track before, you can't imagine how slick it is, similar to ice. I've wiped it walking on a straightaway before let alone the turns. In this case, you can clearly see Ward walking closer and closer to the groove which is insane no matter how fast they're going. The right side of sprint car wings are lowered making visibility very poor. Combine that with lighting that isn't the best at dirt tracks as well as ward sporting a black racing suit and helmet and it's really no surprise that he got hit. The driver in front of tony had to take abrupt action as well.

From here, it seems the there's a question of whether Tony try to hit him or not. Really? As mad as smoke and other competitors get sometimes, no one is trying to run over anyone. If he did see him, it was most likely the last second and he tried to swerve. Let's not lose our minds here.

All in all, this is very sad but Ward made a bad choice and paid for it with his life. Sick over this but he needs to at least share some accountability. Not trying to be cruel, just the way I see it. God bless the Ward family and smoke.

This isn't the best place for accurate info, but we'll do our best.

It's funny they named a place brain nerd. Have a safe trip.
Thank's FB... I'm pretty good at picking through the BS and whats usually left is pretty good info. Most of the forum members here do a pretty good job of keeping up on the latest Nascar news.:)

Wisdom as always TRL. Like everyone, I'm incredibly sick over this unfortunate tragedy. I've gone to sprint car races my whole life and have seen many things, including fatalities, but nothing like this. It's eerily reminiscent of the Armando Teran incident during the1973 Indy 500 though the circumstances were different.

As sad as this situation is, it's important to look at the facts as we know it. The move Tony made on the track was a classic slide job which you'll see at every dirt track race. The person getting slid makes a choice to try to clear the slider on the high side or let off and hammer it underneath them coming off the corner. Dirt track 101 there. Ward thought he could clear Tony apparently and obviously made the wrong choice. Not Tony's fault there and at worst, a racing deal.

The next part where Ward immediately got out of the car on a TURN to waive his arms at Tony was simply crazy. By all accounts he was a nice young man but the heat of the moment simply got the better of him. For anyone who hasn't walked on a dirt track before, you can't imagine how slick it is, similar to ice. I've wiped it walking on a straightaway before let alone the turns. In this case, you can clearly see Ward walking closer and closer to the groove which is insane no matter how fast they're going. The right side of sprint car wings are lowered making visibility very poor. Combine that with lighting that isn't the best at dirt tracks as well as ward sporting a black racing suit and helmet and it's really no surprise that he got hit. The driver in front of tony had to take abrupt action as well.

From here, it seems the there's a question of whether Tony try to hit him or not. Really? As mad as smoke and other competitors get sometimes, no one is trying to run over anyone. If he did see him, it was most likely the last second and he tried to swerve. Let's not lose our minds here.

All in all, this is very sad but Ward made a bad choice and paid for it with his life. Sick over this but he needs to at least share some accountability. Not trying to be cruel, just the way I see it. God bless the Ward family and smoke.
Best post in this thread.

Good luck and stay safe.

This thread got out of control quick. Heavy drinking Sunday funday?
Somehow our cooler at RA was packed with 16-oz tallboys of beer.

So, yes.

Actually, I didn't drink that much because I was driving and the Wisconsin State Patrol camps out on the highways to and from Road America during race weeks to catch the rich FIBs buzzing up there in their BMWs at 90 mph.

What did ESPN's in-race coverage say about the Stewart thing?

The sound isn't going to match the tape until it is digitally remastered from the set distance and video speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom