Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I sit here drinking my ice cold Bud Light aided by my new Eldora Speedway can koozie that I picked up last month, I can't help but wonder if I attended my last NASCAR Truck Series race at that speedway. Regardless of the outcome of all of this there's a certain stigma that will be attached to Tony that NASCAR may end up reconsidering their association with him and his speedway. Just a thought.

No way, DK. There is too much revenue to lose, but Tony will not be promoting the event like the last couple of years. Too much potential to be lost, but I will tell you. Unless something detrimental has happened to your vehicle, keep your butt inside of it.

I would hate to see it gone.

I'm not sure that a driver, with a helmet on, in the ****pit of a running dirt sprint car can hear anything over the sound of his own racecar.
Yes, but the drivers will be able to explain whether they were the ones on the gas or not.

saw blurry slo-mo of vid on youtube by breakpen earlier today.
he was way down track facing car...not to side.....looked like he was hit by rt front 1st as fender says ???

Inside Edition just basically said Tony was a crazed lunatic.
"His racing has made him a rich man...."

They had to show his big house and some of his past altercations, questioning whether he intended to hit Ward.

God, I hate msm. So frustrating!

Inside Edition just basically said Tony was a crazed lunatic.
"His racing has made him a rich man...."

They had to show his big house and some of his past altercations, questioning whether he intended to hit Ward.

God, I hate msm. So frustrating!

Demonizing a man who is already stressed out enough. Such a terrible situation for both sides...

Because of this incident, I expect to see rules implemented by sanctioning bodies that would result in severe driver penalties for exiting a dead racecar until safety crews arrive (unless the vehicle is on fire, of course.)
NASCAR may even change some rules because of this incident.

Because of this incident, I expect to see rules implemented by sanctioning bodies that would result in severe driver penalties for exiting a dead racecar until safety crews arrive (unless the vehicle is on fire, of course.)
NASCAR may even change some rules because of this incident.
Yeah, no doubt.

As I sit here drinking my ice cold Bud Light aided by my new Eldora Speedway can koozie that I picked up last month, I can't help but wonder if I attended my last NASCAR Truck Series race at that speedway. Regardless of the outcome of all of this there's a certain stigma that will be attached to Tony that NASCAR may end up reconsidering their association with him and his speedway. Just a thought.

very likely.
both shr and nascar prolly have outside crisis mgt pr team at work already.

The media has already seen to that and are currently dredging up "poof" from years gone by. It's out of control, Smokes life will never be the same, somehow, I can see him pull through this. He'll be a changed man no doubt, I just hope it's for the better.

The media has already seen to that and are currently dredging up "poof" from years gone by. It's out of control, Smokes life will never be the same, somehow, I can see him pull through this. He'll be a changed man no doubt, I just hope it's for the better.
Torches and pitchforks.

Don't know if this has been posted here or not, but here's what a former sprint car driver and current team member of the car directly in front of Stewart posted on Facebook:

"i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love." - https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychoniewicz?fref=ts

Don't know if this has been posted here or not, but here's what a former sprint car driver and current team member of the car directly in front of Stewart posted on Facebook:

"i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love." - https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychoniewicz?fref=ts

Good post.

Anything been said about the telemetry? They had to extract the car, no?

Probably be the most accurate solution to find out the truth.

The mainstream media will lose interest in this story in little time unless there end up being charges of some sort. Though I found it extremely surprising that when I turned on one of our local sports stations in the Pittsburgh, PA market today that I heard this story being talked about. I've never heard them even mention NASCAR that I can remember. I've never heard one call from anyone that phoned in about NASCAR. Today, not only did they talk about it, they took numerous calls on the subject. The hosts actually even seemed well informed. That's not the norm.

The mainstream media will lose interest in this story in little time unless there end up being charges of some sort. Though I found it extremely surprising that when I turned on one of our local sports stations in the Pittsburgh, PA market today that I heard this story being talked about. I've never heard them even mention NASCAR that I can remember. I've never heard one call from anyone that phoned in about NASCAR. Today, not only did they talk about it, they took numerous calls on the subject. The hosts actually even seemed well informed. That's not the norm.
Same here. Local talk radio talked about the incident for three hours with many callers calling in. I've never heard this station talk about ANY sports before today.

but it is all speculation, no one knows what exactly happen.

what a sad weekend....Ward, Robin Williams.... :(

we are due for some good

Telemetry on what car???

I'm saying there is usually like a "Black Box", I would think they would have some type of idea if Tony's foot was on the power or not. Just thinking a bit, but I might be too late to the punch. Every team has some type of data stored away.

I'm saying there is usually like a "Black Box", I would think they would have some type of idea if Tony's foot was on the power or not. Just thinking a bit, but I might be too late to the punch. Every team has some type of data stored away.

Not in the Sprint cars that I know of.

I have heard several sources say there was a GoPro in Stewart's car.

IMO, no sponsors are going to leave him. People die in motorsports all the time, sometimes even when the other wrecked the other person deliberately. No one ran from Sterling Marlin when he caused an accident that killed everyone's hero, Dale Sr.

Remove all emotion (dislike or admiration for Tony as a driver) and the facts are the guy got out of his car and was running around a track with speeding cars.

It's an unfortunate accident.

People also die in boxing, where the objective of the sport is to punch the other man's head as hard as you can over and over until he loses consciousness and falls down. And those people died playing by the rules. Now, if a boxer were out in a nightclub and started a fight and killed someone, he'd be charged...because it wasn't an accident.

Bottom line is the guy should not have been running around a race track.

Same here. Local talk radio talked about the incident for three hours with many callers calling in. I've never heard this station talk about ANY sports before today.

Goodness sakes!!! we'll be flooded with all kinds of sickos now. The Glen had way more action than a newbie could ask for, they'll be thinking they're missing all this action on a weekly basis.

next race will have lots of viewers likley for good or bad.

I just cannot get over the sheer ignorance of the people in the media that are taking that Stewart quote about running Matt Kenseth over completely out of context - a if Stewart was some dude that was quietly simmering beneath the surface, had literally threatened to run a guy down with his car, and finally reached his breaking point and got it done on Saturday night. Really? Does every single tragedy that happens have to come with warning signs or be the result of some malevolent pattern? Good Lord.

As for the Drudge report headline I think it more about manipulation than ignorance. They want eye catching sensationalism, so they headline a crafty ambiguous headline that suggest a malicious crime occurred. All while they can claim it ia accurate due to the ambiguity. They may even have some form of legal counsel to advise them on how far they can go with the self serving sensationalism.

It is talking out both sides of mouth, or the art of double speak executed at the finest.

Normally I wouldn't care, I am not on a crusade to make non racing folks love us, and I am quirky enough to dismiss them. You cant fix stupid either if folks want to be ignorant, they will usually suceed. Occasionally you will get a sincere thinker to convert to being factual or honest but they are usually in the minority.

But this is different, unfortunately racng is corporate $ dependent. I hate selling out to all the PCs. But if the corporations that crave popular acceptance decide that Nascar isnt good marketing or aligned with popular opinion, we all know the ramifications of lost sponsors.

IMO, no sponsors are going to leave him. People die in motorsports all the time, sometimes even when the other wrecked the other person deliberately. No one ran from Sterling Marlin when he caused an accident that killed everyone's hero, Dale Sr.

Remove all emotion (dislike or admiration for Tony as a driver) and the facts are the guy got out of his car and was running around a track with speeding cars.

People also die in boxing, where the objective of the sport is to punch the other man's head as hard as you can over and over until he loses consciousness and falls down. And those people died playing by the rules. Now, if a boxer were out in a nightclub and started a fight and killed someone, he'd be charged...because it wasn't an accident.

just in my day. Robbie, Allen, Davey, Adam, J.D.McDuffie, Kenny, Neil and DALE.

There was only one car which revved their engine after the caution came out.

I dont care how many times you watch the video you cannot possibly determine 1) that only 1 car burped the throttle after the yellow (you base this off of hearing 1 defining noise in the 1:00 clip) and 2) which car it was that you hear.

These cars are different levels of noise. There is definitely one defining throttle noise, but it doesnt mean no other cars did it and you will not know who it was that did it. Needle in a haystack and its terribly irresponsible to make the assumption

No one ran from Sterling Marlin when he caused an accident that killed everyone's hero, Dale Sr.

I like your writing.

But as a big Dale Sr fan the I have to say thay wasn't Sterlings fault.

Robin Williams just died from an apparent suicide. Story shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom