TV Shows

Is anybody else watching Murder In The First? It's on TNT. The wife and I are watching it. I haven't decided how much I like it yet, but the wife likes it a lot. The main character is a pretty hot chick who I couldn't name if I tried. The biggest problem I have with the show is the villain is just a really fake looking guy. He seriously looks like a computer generated avatar or something. It's kind of strange and distracting to me.

I think I'm going to miss seeing Deborah Ann Woll :wub: more than I'm going to miss the actual show. That woman is gorgeous and she gets even better looking every single season.

So The Big Bang Theory is scheduled to start shooting the new season soon but they have no cast. None of the cast members have signed new contracts yet. You would think CBS would be smart enough to resign everyone before giving them a two year renewal last season.

So The Big Bang Theory is scheduled to start shooting the new season soon but they have no cast. None of the cast members have signed new contracts yet. You would think CBS would be smart enough to resign everyone before giving them a two year renewal last season.
Hmm, that's interesting. You would think they would have thought ahead

Wonder what @Tony1930 thinks of the show "Last Ship"

I like it...but wonder how realistic it is...with respect to the relations btwn the crew

Reading today that Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco will be signed deals to earn $1 million per episode.

I see commercials for Big Brother. I honestly don't understand how people can watch that crap.

Has anybody been watching Falling Skies? Season 4 just wrapped up last week. Now I have to wait a whole year to catch the final season. I've watched every episode from the beginning, and it's had its ups and downs, but overall it has been a good experience. I've learned to stop questioning everything that happens and just suspend my disbelief and allow myself to be taken for the ride, like you have to do to enjoy pro wrestling.

I also saw a great series called Last Resort that was pretty good, but short. It was a military drama, which I'm not normally into, but I thought the premise was really interesting so I took a chance on it and wasn't disappointed. Basically, the crew of a US nuclear submarine gets a message to fire nuclear missiles into Pakistan, but the fire order comes through an old secondary communication channel created during the Cold War that was only supposed to be used if Washington, DC was destroyed. When the commander, played by Andre Braugher, confirms that Washington DC is still intact, he refuses to fire the missiles until the fire order gets sent through the proper, main channel. He is immediately stripped of his post, and his second in command gets put in charge of the sub. When the second in command also refuses the order, the sub gets fired upon by another US sub and they are declared to be traitors. They end up going to an island in the Indian Ocean, taking over a NATO base, and basically setting up camp there with their nuclear missiles and trying to figure out a way to get home.

The ending felt kind of rushed because it only went for one season, but it was really good for what it was. There was good acting all around. Andre Braugher is the man.

Has anybody been watching Falling Skies? Season 4 just wrapped up last week. Now I have to wait a whole year to catch the final season. I've watched every episode from the beginning, and it's had its ups and downs, but overall it has been a good experience. I've learned to stop questioning everything that happens and just suspend my disbelief and allow myself to be taken for the ride, like you have to do to enjoy pro wrestling.

Yes, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. Watched every episode since the first one.

I also saw a great series called Last Resort that was pretty good, but short. It was a military drama, which I'm not normally into, but I thought the premise was really interesting so I took a chance on it and wasn't disappointed. Basically, the crew of a US nuclear submarine gets a message to fire nuclear missiles into Pakistan, but the fire order comes through an old secondary communication channel created during the Cold War that was only supposed to be used if Washington, DC was destroyed. When the commander, played by Andre Braugher, confirms that Washington DC is still intact, he refuses to fire the missiles until the fire order gets sent through the proper, main channel. He is immediately stripped of his post, and his second in command gets put in charge of the sub. When the second in command also refuses the order, the sub gets fired upon by another US sub and they are declared to be traitors. They end up going to an island in the Indian Ocean, taking over a NATO base, and basically setting up camp there with their nuclear missiles and trying to figure out a way to get home.

The ending felt kind of rushed because it only went for one season, but it was really good for what it was. There was good acting all around. Andre Braugher is the man.
Last Resort was great, the end is rushed cause they were told they weren't getting renewed with enough time to conclude the story.

Yes, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. Watched every episode since the first one.
Yeah, there has been a time or two where I've been disappointed with the writing decisions that were made, but overall the story has been pretty good. Who's your favorite character? I've come to like pretty much all of them, but if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Weaver. I like Will Patton and he's been great in this show as the battle-tested veteran. I also really like the beautiful Anne and I've enjoyed watching her gradual transformation into a bad*** warrior. I could go on forever so I'll stop there - the bottom line is that I'll be really disappointed to see the show end next year.

Last Resort was great, the end is rushed cause they were told they weren't getting renewed with enough time to conclude the story.
I was disappointed with Falling Skies when Karen (Jessy Schram's character) got killed off in one of the previous seasons. I love Jessy. I actually started watching Last Resort solely because I found out that she was in it, and I inadvertently stumbled upon a really good show. And yeah, I know the writers were just pressed for time at the end. It's a shame that it got killed off so quickly.

Yeah, there has been a time or two where I've been disappointed with the writing decisions that were made, but overall the story has been pretty good. Who's your favorite character? I've come to like pretty much all of them, but if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Weaver. I like Will Patton and he's been great in this show as the battle-tested veteran. I also really like the beautiful Anne and I've enjoyed watching her gradual transformation into a bad*** warrior. I could go on forever so I'll stop there - the bottom line is that I'll be really disappointed to see the show end next year.

I was disappointed with Falling Skies when Karen (Jessy Schram's character) got killed off in one of the previous seasons. I love Jessy. I actually started watching Last Resort solely because I found out that she was in it, and I inadvertently stumbled upon a really good show. And yeah, I know the writers were just pressed for time at the end. It's a shame that it got killed off so quickly.
I tried really hard to get people to watch it when it was on but no one seemed interested and I could never figure out why.

I tried really hard to get people to watch it when it was on but no one seemed interested and I could never figure out why.
I actually never even knew about it when it was on because I don't watch a lot of TV. I don't understand why people wouldn't have been interested in it either, though. A few minutes into that first episode was all it took for me, and like I said, I don't even like military shows that much. At least you gave it the ol' college try, though.

I initially tuned in for Jessy Schram, but Andre Braugher's performance was what really drew me into the show. He's a really good actor IMO.

Part of the appeal for me was that I could actually see something crazy like this happening in real life - and I'll stop right there so we don't end up in the Podium. :)

This "Scorpion" show coming on CBS this fall looks interesting. It also looks a little far-fetched, but still interesting.
Yeah, I saw the trailer for that this weekend while watching the US Open. It looks different, and yes, very interesting. Katharine McPhee is in it, and she's pretty cute. But more importantly, the T-1000, Robert Patrick is in it, and that makes it a must watch for me. He was good in Last Resort.

I also saw a very brief promo for Madam Secretary that featured Téa Leoni. I'm not normally into shows like that, but I haven't seen her in anything since Deep Impact back in like '96, so I'll check that out for her alone.

I'm not a big fan of Matt, don't know why. I started to like Pope, he reminded me after a while a little of Sawyer from Lost, but that's worn off. Other than that, I'm pretty good with all of them.

Yeah, I saw the trailer for that this weekend while watching the US Open. It looks different, and yes, very interesting. Katharine McPhee is in it, and she's pretty cute. But more importantly, the T-1000, Robert Patrick is in it, and that makes it a must watch for me. He was good in Last Resort.

I also saw a very brief promo for Madam Secretary that featured Téa Leoni. I'm not normally into shows like that, but I haven't seen her in anything since Deep Impact back in like '96, so I'll check that out for her alone.
Glad I'm not the only one that was watching the US Open. :)

I'm not a big fan of Matt, don't know why. I started to like Pope, he reminded me after a while a little of Sawyer from Lost, but that's worn off. Other than that, I'm pretty good with all of them.
Matt hit puberty and is going through his rebellious stage. Ha ha. I'm not a fan of him either right now. Hal's been a little annoying lately too, but he's just cranky 'cause Ben took his girl. Ben has always been my favorite of the three Mason kids.

Pope's great as the anti-hero that now cares about his comrades in the 2nd Mass. I'm glad he found himself a woman.

Glad I'm not the only one that was watching the US Open. :)
Yessir, watching the men's final now. I love Djokovic but I'm beyond stoked for Nishikori and Cilic. I'm rooting for Nishi, but I'll be happy for Cilic if he wins it, especially after overcoming that classless crowd when he was playing Federer. I wish both guys could get the trophy.

Matt hit puberty and is going through his rebellious stage. Ha ha. I'm not a fan of him either right now. Hal's been a little annoying lately too, but he's just cranky 'cause Ben took his girl. Ben has always been my favorite of the three Mason kids.

Pope's great as the anti-hero that now cares about his comrades in the 2nd Mass. I'm glad he found himself a woman.

Yessir, watching the men's final now. I love Djokovic but I'm beyond stoked for Nishikori and Cilic. I'm rooting for Nishi, but I'll be happy for Cilic if he wins it, especially after overcoming that classless crowd when he was playing Federer. I wish both guys could get the trophy.
I was rooting for Nishi too, but damn, straight sets.

I was rooting for Nishi too, but damn, straight sets.
Yeah, Nishi never really showed up. I heard quite a few people predicting that he was going to win, but for me there was never any doubt that Cilic was the clear favorite. As I expected, he just bullied Nishi right off the court with his power, just like Serena did to Wozniacki. I'm not a fan of the pure power game but I'm still very happy for Cilic. He played great, overcame the crowd and deserved to win the match and the tournament.

Apparently CBS is no longer showing the US Open after covering it since 1968, and honestly, that doesn't bother me too much. I have nothing against CBS at all, but every year, without fail, I forget that they show the Open on the weekends and get frustrated trying to find it. LOL.

Speaking of CBS, I'm definitely looking forward to Madam Secretary now too, in addition to Scorpion. I watched the four minute preview, and it actually does seem like it could be a good show, even if the basic concept has probably been done before. I don't normally watch political dramas, so it's totally new to me regardless. I think this is the perfect role for Téa Leoni.

Started watching season 4 of The Killing on Netflix last night. Had to watch the last show of season three first to refresh my memory, because it starts of with some carry over. Just like the first three season, it will likely take all season to clear everything up.

Married is a great show. I absolutely love it. I can't stand laugh tracks, but love shows that make me laugh. This one makes me laugh and does so without laugh tracks and is very real for the most part. I can relate to the main characters in a lot of ways.

You're The Worst is pretty good, too. It's a little less believable and the characters are a little less likable, but it's funny without laugh tracks as well.

I'm in between quite a few shows at the moment.

Rewatching The Sopranos, started watching the third season of Once Upon A Time since it hit Netflix. And currently watching Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy and started watching Fargo last night.

My nights are pretty full.

The Leftovers.

By far the most depressing show I've ever seen. I want to cry everytime I watch an episode of this. Good show but good grief.

Black-ish wasn't very funny at all.

Back
Top Bottom