Watkins Glen Pre-Race thread

Papis on the windshield; Smoke on the door.

BROdJmbCMAAdS8j.jpg:large

Papis is the driver. It still Tony's car.

If Gordon is going to get a win in 2013 it's got to come here. His performance on aero push tracks so far is not gonna get it done. Maybe at Bristol

Just tried restarting it and it still seems to be working. Make sure you're not clicking on the Garage Cam link. That doesn't start until 11:30.

Just tried restarting it and it still seems to be working. Make sure you're not clicking on the Garage Cam link. That doesn't start until 11:30.

Oh crap, figured it out..it doesn't work with firefox. typical Nascar com.
The garage cam looks like it is going to work with firefox, I have a screen telling me it will be on soon..Press pass..nada.

Oh crap, figured it out..it doesn't work with firefox. typical Nascar com.
The garage cam looks like it is going to work with firefox, I have a screen telling me it will be on soon..Press pass..nada.
I'm using firefox and watching it. Must be something else.

NASCAR now bringing in drivers to media center who were due to speak after practice, so we won't be on track any time soon.

Link

Listening to Press Pass...I'd like to see them run The Boot too. Tony said he wanted to after running it during the car swap with Lewis Hamilton a couple of years ago as well.

yep, groups go out
New NASCAR Sprint Cup Road-Course Qualifying Procedure Announced: NASCAR announced that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will implement the group-based road course qualifying procedure used in NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Touring Series competition during its road-course events at Sonoma Raceway and Watkins Glen International. Under the new procedure, cars will qualify in groups instead of the traditional single-car qualifying runs held on oval race tracks. "The change will add an exciting element to road-course qualifying," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "Fans will be treated to new strategy and increased competition with several cars on track at once."

IIRC they did the order at Sonoma with how fast drivers were in practice and grouped them together.. so I'm sure they want to get it in.

I liked it better when one car was doing it when D.W. was announcing. He would be pointing out as they went, where the car was loosing time or gaining. This bunch here would usually be blabbing about something, but it wouldn't be anything important, so it will be better as a group IMO.

I would like to strangle the person who comes up with the crappy music and sets the volume for these HoF biographies. It grates on the nerves and is often so loud it's hard to hear the commentary.

Can you elaborate on that for me? I'm not in the loop
He was racing the grand am race this weekend, was planning to drive both races. Ferrari said nope. Guess they didn't want a redneck Chevy driver from Nascar in their car..He won last week though.

Mike Massaro@MikeMassaroESPN 3h
@maxpapis : "I woke up this morning and told my kids, (w/ big smile) 'Papi is going to drive Tony Stewart's car!'"

Max Papis@maxpapis 1h
Still raining here @WGI I would go out and run in the rain if they would let me they are good fun car to do that.

You think Max is ready?:)

Listening to Press Pass...I'd like to see them run The Boot too. Tony said he wanted to after running it during the car swap with Lewis Hamilton a couple of years ago as well.
Me, DP and some others have been lobbying for years to get them to add the boot but since our lobbying fund consists of 6 cases of empty BL bottles 3 garbage bags full of BL cans and some leftover pizza crusts we probably don't stand much of a chance.

Truex is running some of the fastest laps, showing Sonoma wasn't no joke.

Good for him, I'd like to see him get another win and lock up a spot in the chase. He stuck with MWR when their cars were crap, it's nice seeing him run well these past couple years.

How's Kurt looked so far? I expect him to have a strong showing this weekend and inch closer to the chase.

Good for him, I'd like to see him get another win and lock up a spot in the chase. He stuck with MWR when their cars were crap, it's nice seeing him run well these past couple years.

How's Kurt looked so far? I expect him to have a strong showing this weekend and inch closer to the chase.
Kurt is currently 11th, Truex just ran a 69.31. Casey Mears running 5th, seems he and Booty have made major strides this year, could be a dark horse this week

Back
Top Bottom