Watkins Glen Pre-Race thread

Cant really make out if Gordon is just too slow or just going through the motion that is practices.

He's been extra slow.

Also, they just cut to the car aution show. lol

Who watches that I wonder? That Jarret Jack aution lasts like half a day. Who sits in front of the tv for more than 5 hours at a time? That's crazy.

Gosh, I hope FS1 doesn't renew Barrett Jackson. It's not sports, it's people spending money. It belongs over on HSN or one of those other shopping channels, or maybe one of those networks obsessed with what celebrities buy.

Kurt is currently 11th, Truex just ran a 69.31. Casey Mears running 5th, seems he and Booty have made major strides this year, could be a dark horse this week

Thanks for the update, and I agree that the 13 team has shown some improvement this year particularly on the road courses and plate races. Too bad the rest of their program is so far behind, didnt they have to start and park at one point this year?

Yep and stock my ass, by the time one gets to them its been done redone and overdone to the max.

Plus my dad is a mechanic, who does all the hard work himself, restoring junk Chevelles into classics with less money and they look just as good as the ones in the auction.

Thanks for the update, and I agree that the 13 team has shown some improvement this year particularly on the road courses and plate races. Too bad the rest of their program is so far behind, didnt they have to start and park at one point this year?

They did two or three times last year. They've come a good way, Casey has several Top 15 results this year.

Gosh, I hope FS1 doesn't renew Barrett Jackson. It's not sports, it's people spending money. It belongs over on HSN or one of those other shopping channels, or maybe one of those networks obsessed with what celebrities buy.

Are you saying you don't enjoy watching rich people buy cars they will never drive? How dare you sir!

BRP8FjpCEAMOeJG.jpg:large

DP cant even take down Kelly for the pole who was in the first group,,. embarrassing for someone of her "talent".

Her buddy Stenhouse isn't doing anything but wheel holding this year. Thought he would be placing higher at least.

New track record by Jamie Mac. That won't stand up.

ETA: doesn't Stenhouse get hand me down roush equipment?

Hot slick track. Gonna be a rough qualifying day for the #24 team I fear

New track record by Jamie Mac. That won't stand up.

ETA: doesn't Stenhouse get hand me down roush equipment?
that might be a good excuse for Danica when they run out of the other ones..hand me down car. I have a hard time believing Stenhouse is getting slower equipment.

i thought someone said that earlier in the year.. like he was getting Edwards last year car or something. Either way, not been that impressed.

Well ****. With that lap I dont even know if I wanna watch the race on Sunday.... :owquitit:

Hopefully Clint will get this pole -- I want him to make it into the Sprint Unlimited!

What's up with Gordon being so slow? Since when he was worse at road courses than Jr? Also strange to see McDowell so much faster than Said, Kelly and Fellows.

I remember when the COT came out Gordon said that he hadn't quite figure out how to run it on a road course. With a runner up finish at Sonoma I figured he'd figured out the Gen 6 car. He's just had one hard qualifying year so far.

He did complain about the Gen6 car being a dog at Sonoma, but that didn't stop him qualifying 10th and finishing 2nd.

Allmendinger 4th will make things interesting, could be a dark horse for the win.

Back
Top Bottom