Weather check-in

Started raining here yesterday afternoon --- we've had lulls, but the rain has been pretty much continuous since. Raining like blazes right now.

I dumped 1.5" out of the gauge earlier today. No telling how much more has accumulated.

Started raining here yesterday afternoon --- we've had lulls, but the rain has been pretty much continuous since. Raining like blazes right now.

I dumped 1.5" out of the gauge earlier today. No telling how much more has accumulated.

In fact, I'm on dial-up right now because the satellite is out.

In fact, I'm on dial-up right now because the satellite is out.
TRL- You ok up there?

Just went to check radar, Cayuga is getting slammed by a pink and maroon cell right now. You guys look like you haven't been spared much from that.

TRL- You ok up there?

Just went to check radar, Cayuga is getting slammed by a pink and maroon cell right now. You guys look like you haven't been spared much from that.

It rained snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails all night. Officially, we've had something over 4" of rain since 6PM yesterday. I haven't been out to check my rain gauge --- it's raining. LOL

I have a feeling the creek at the bottom of my hill has risen over the road.

It rained snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails all night. Officially, we've had something over 4" of rain since 6PM yesterday. I haven't been out to check my rain gauge --- it's raining. LOL

I have a feeling the creek at the bottom of my hill has risen over the road.
If it's overflowing, then yea, you've had alot. :p

Managed to get out and check the gauge --- over 5" in it. Could have been more, but that's all it will hold without overflowing. Dumped 1.5" yesterday.

So that's at least 6.5" since yesterday morning.

Anyone have some ark plans they'd like to sell?:eek:

Managed to get out and check the gauge --- over 5" in it. Could have been more, but that's all it will hold without overflowing. Dumped 1.5" yesterday.

So that's at least 6.5" since yesterday morning.

Anyone have some ark plans they'd like to sell?:eek:
Why not? Just dont let the aggies build it...it might sink.

It's been 90+ all week and my black car has been hotter than H E double toothpicks when I get in it after work. So today, with skys totally clear and temps forecasted to be the hottest of the year so far, I decided to leave my windows down half way. About 2:30, really dark clouds came rolling in from the north and then it started raining. I couldn't believe that on the one day I decide to leave the windows down, it rains. All in all, not that much water got into the car as there was no wind so it came straight down and it did cool off a bit.

It's supposed to be about 90 today. The air is so humid you almost need gills to breath it. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coolest day of the week with a high of about 80 and a 50% chance of rain. My son plays softball on Mondays, so it is more like a 100% chance of rain.

Got hot early and then the bottom fell out. We're talking about major water coming down. Had to clean the gutters again.

97 degrees and dewpoint of 69 degrees.
Come he77 or high water I'm not leaving the a/c.:beerbang:

Hot! Hot! Hot!

The worst part is, we haven't any measrable rain in so long. I am dreading my next water bill from tryinjg to keep the flower gardens alive.

Hot! Hot! Hot!

The worst part is, we haven't any measrable rain in so long. I am dreading my next water bill from tryinjg to keep the flower gardens alive.

We've had maybe one decent rain in the past month.

I bet if I was still writing for RacingForTheWin.com and covering races every weekend, it would rain every weekend.

Kind of cool today... High of 85°, low of 74°, cloudy with 78% humidity and a steady barometer of 30.2 inches. We have a 90% chance of oil.

Heat index hit 107 yesterday afternoon. Today it's cooling off or so they say and only predicting a heat index of 100.

In the 90's here and a heat index of around 100 or so. On the bright side, it is muggy as could be too.

I have one pathetic window air conditioning unit. It is working it's little heart out, but it seems to be really overmatched. I feel like I'm rooting for Bangledesh in a food fight on this one. It's kinda like being a Cleveland sports fan in that regard. Don't get me wrong though, I am extremely grateful to have the one unit. If it weren't for that, I would probably be in the hospital with my health issues.

Hot as hell here too. Good thing though, because I just spent the last 4 hours in our cold server room, and now the heat feels great!

It's been weird here, lately. We're still experiencing June gloom. Overcast and cool until about mid-day and then warm in the afternoon. Supposed to change this weekend and get hotter.

It started raining here about 4:30ish and its STILL raining..........Rain, rain go away.........come back on Sunday!!

Back
Top Bottom