Weather check-in

17th day in a row at over 100 degrees
Mike, I read this yesterday and I won't say it's the almighty, but from what I read, believe it or not, the city of Houston has yet to officially record a temperature of 100 or more. The article said that this is the first time in 10 years, but that through the years, it isn't unusual. Keep in mind, official temperatures are recorded in specific places and may not reflect what local radio and TV record. Not new? What's new? Who knew? (a little reflection on a radio ad...)

Mike, I read this yesterday and I won't say it's the almighty, but from what I read, believe it or not, the city of Houston has yet to officially record a temperature of 100 or more. The article said that this is the first time in 10 years, but that through the years, it isn't unusual. Keep in mind, official temperatures are recorded in specific places and may not reflect what local radio and TV record. Not new? What's new? Who knew? (a little reflection on a radio ad...)

Buck, it's not even this hot out in West Texas!

buck, Houston's official temp is recorded at the airport --- which is a 30+ minute drive north.

In Houston, it's not the air temp that makes it so miserable, it's the humidity. High humidity keeps the air temp down, but it makes you feel hotter.

I was born and lived in Houston until 2003.

In Houston, it's not the air temp that makes it so miserable, it's the humidity. High humidity keeps the air temp down, but it makes you feel hotter.
Oh Lordy, you don't have to tell me about humidity. All the time people ask me why I wear a sweat band when the temps are in the mid 70's. I tell everyone that what I pay attention to is the dew point. When it is 70 or above, I'm miserable.

News girl said 105 today at my house today. Dry though, only 18% humidity. Which is bad because that's when the whack jobs light the fires :mad:

66 for the high today, 63 right now. Cloudy and rain. High 50's for tonight. Downright chilly I tell ya,,

Okay...........I know that we needed rain, but we certainly didn't need a month's worth in two days! Hermine is kicking our a$$!

HERMINE!!

She gave us 12.54 inches in the past 24 hours.. And it is still dripping.. Several houses in the neighborhood have wet floors. We were up all night watching and waiting..
Betsy:rolleyes:

She gave us 12.54 inches in the past 24 hours.. And it is still dripping.. Several houses in the neighborhood have wet floors. We were up all night watching and waiting..

Take care, Betsy.

Just talked to my brother who lives in Kingsland. They've been getting pounded, also. He was going to come up to Palestine today, but decided it wasn't safe enough to drive. I-35 is closed in several places.

The storms have stayed just to our West. We've gotten rain, but nothing like Central Texas and DFW have gotten.

Take care, Betsy.

Just talked to my brother who lives in Kingsland. They've been getting pounded, also. He was going to come up to Palestine today, but decided it wasn't safe enough to drive. I-35 is closed in several places.

The storms have stayed just to our West. We've gotten rain, but nothing like Central Texas and DFW have gotten.

Yeah we getting pounded pretty good last night and this morning.

She gave us 12.54 inches in the past 24 hours.. And it is still dripping..

.....We were up all night watching and waiting..

Yeah we getting pounded pretty good last night and this morning.

This all sounds soooooo bad! :D

On a serious note............... I hope that all of you are safe and not suffering any damage.

Certainly needed my water wings this morning! The rain finally left and the sun came out this afternoon.

Dallas and Kaufman Counties are getting hit with heavy rains and several tornadoes! Watching it on the news from the WFAA helicopter view. Seagoville and Forney area for those of you familiar with the N. Texas area. And now another storm just south of Downtown Dallas!

Im here. we only got minimal damage, water got in between the moisture barrier and the brinks on fornt of our house, and started pouring in via our front window. Our neighbor had 5.5" in his rain guage. 3 of our neighbors had water come in their back doors, another lost their entire wrought iron fence, and our communbity pond's fountain broke loose from it's anchor and floated downstream.

Wow!!

Three more inches today! Total of over 15 inches here in our yard in less than 36 hours. Every drop that fell today ran off. From watching the Tv we think it is finally over.
Major streets and roads are still closed. What a mess there is to clean up.

15 inches of rain in 36 hours, damn if that happened around here we would be in big trouble!

We had it just the opposite today. Got some needed rain and temps dropped about 20 degrees as well. Still very humid so a sweat band was in order even though the temps were in the upper 60's.

The remnants of Tropical Storm Nicole are expected to drop 5" of rain on us and 30 mph winds. Not terrible, but everyone's freaking out about it.

The remnants of Tropical Storm Nicole are expected to drop 5" of rain on us and 30 mph winds. Not terrible, but everyone's freaking out about it.

Yea, we're getting alot of rain here in NC, and I bet Nicole will give us some more. I like the rain, but I just don't want to get washed away in it. *laughs*

From Twitter -- this is the Inner Harbor at Baltimore:

x2_2dbfb59

Fortunately, it's coming to an end. By 7pm, the rain will have ended.

Well the storm shifted west. Won't end 'til tomorrow morning.

8" of rain so far.

This is, easily, the worst storm in this area since Hurricane Isabel in 2003. We needed the rain, but we got more than we needed and all at once.

Well the storm shifted west. Won't end 'til tomorrow morning.

8" of rain so far.

This is, easily, the worst storm in this area since Hurricane Isabel in 2003. We needed the rain, but we got more than we needed and all at once.

Not sure how much we got down here, but it's not as bad as the nor'easter we had in November. Thankfully, it was justa rain event.

How's everyone over there on the right coast doing? I saw the weather forecast, looks bad. We're getting ready to get doused again. I'm glad it doesn't snow here.

Back
Top Bottom