Weather check-in

Wednesday, it was in the 80's. This morning it was 30 freaking degrees. It's supposed to get up to 45 today. It's supposed to be in the 60's though the next several days. The house we are staying in right now has no air conditioning so a high in the 60's is awesome.

33 degrees at 7 am, high of 45 today. Where's that Global warming ???

43* yesterday morning --- never got above 72 with lots of wind.

This morning it's 48* as I type. I'm loving the cool because I know in a couple of months 72* will be the LOW for the day.

All my cool air disappeared today. Bright sunshine and 84* on the front porch -- in the shade on the north side of the house.

Summer has arrived in East Texas.

Madison, Wisconsin
Currently: 77°F Partly Cloudy
Madison, Wisconsin
Currently: 25°C Partly Cloudy
Wind: South at 23 MPH
Heat Index: 78°F

Sunrise: 5:54 am
Sunset: 7:56 pm

We had a frost last night. I had to spread sheets and a tarp over the tomato and pepper plants. I have a small garden about 15' x 15'.

Bucky, heard from a Wisconsinite earlier today who was down this way for the golf tourney that there were tonorado warnings for his home. I see that some nasty weather came through your state earlier. Hope all is well and no nasty tornadoes did any damage.

Oh, the weather for the golf tourney in Charlotte was nothing short of maaaavelous... at least that is what it was some miles north of there.

Hot in Carolina. Reached 90 today and as I'm typing right now at 10:00 pm, the temp is 80. Opened the door to let the pups out to do their business and it felt like a blast furnace hit me in the face. Okay, maybe not a blast furnace, but it did feel hot compared to the inside of the house.

Hot in Carolina. Reached 90 today and as I'm typing right now at 10:00 pm, the temp is 80. Opened the door to let the pups out to do their business and it felt like a blast furnace hit me in the face. Okay, maybe not a blast furnace, but it did feel hot compared to the inside of the house.

Was the same up here buck. The thermoter said 92 even in the early evening. Who the hell approved August to arrive?

This is rediculous! Almost mid-May, and I actually turned the heat on today. Windows were open for a while over the weekend, but Saturday night got down in the low 50s. Today: gray and gloomy, and not even 60º

Hope it warms up for the weekend!

This is rediculous! Almost mid-May, and I actually turned the heat on today. Windows were open for a while over the weekend, but Saturday night got down in the low 50s. Today: gray and gloomy, and not even 60º

Hope it warms up for you VaDirt. But, my windows would still be open at those temps. I haven't turned on the A/C yet, but many more days like today and I will have to close the windows and turn it on. Was almost 90* today, it's still 88* outside.

Hope it warms up for you VaDirt. But, my windows would still be open at those temps. I haven't turned on the A/C yet, but many more days like today and I will have to close the windows and turn it on. Was almost 90* today, it's still 88* outside.

It was 93* here in Palestine, maj. AC is most definitely on.

Absolutely pathetic weather. It went down to 38° the other night. Today it barely made it in the 50s.

It was 93* here in Palestine, maj. AC is most definitely on.

Yep I'm a whimp mine is on too.I'm really getting tired of this 20-30 mph wind crap every day.

Okay............I had to give in and turn on the AC. It is still 82* on the front porch! And the humidity is horrendous!!!

Our AC is still off.

I did 2 all nighters ina row for finals. Sent my econ prof a picture of our thermostat saying 85 degrees at 4:30 Am. He said i gave him a chuckle, for me to go to bed for petes sake, and sleep in the bath tub if I had to. LOL!

The thermometer on my desk says 81 right now.

We're tired of the wind, too.

Cloudy, misty and in the 40's in Manhattan early this morning.

Here for a few days and then head back to Carolina late on Friday.

I can't wait! :D

We lost power at 1pm. Came back on around 2:15, then went back off at 2:20. Finally came back around 8:30. On way back from dinner, we saw 3 crews working from boom trucks. Apparently when the power came back on, so did everybody's AC's, and the transformers couldn't hold the load. I only saw one of the transformers they were working on, it looked like Reuti's car at Texas. Quite char-broiled.

TRL, better batten down the hatches.......you got a nasty storm headed your way!!! It's blown over 2 18-wheelers on I45 in Ennis, produced a couple of tornadoes from Midlothian to Waxahachie.

TRL, better batten down the hatches.......you got a nasty storm headed your way!!! It's blown over 2 18-wheelers on I45 in Ennis, produced a couple of tornadoes from Midlothian to Waxahachie.

Whaaaa?

And our weather radio didnt go off???

It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's for the next week or so. No a/c in this house is going to be brutal.

Amazing day on tap. Beautiful sunshine with a few puffy clouds....
Have a great Sunday, everyone!
IMG_1754.jpg

Amazing day on tap. Beautiful sunshine with a few puffy clouds....
Have a great Sunday, everyone!
IMG_1754.jpg

Bobby, that looks like my weather. :)
It's already 85 and climbing to the mid 90s. There is a breeze, but it doesn't make it cool. The dogs have already sacked out under the porch.

Have a wonderful day.

It is storming like something out of a movie right now. I half expect to see a cow flying by in the wind, except the nearest cow is probably 10-15 miles from here.

We're supposed to get a lot of these storms today, but that is perfectly fine by me. The only outdoor plans we have are to grill some steaks at some point. We only need about a 20 minute window to make that happen.

Beautiful day. Mid 70's, sunny. Went to the Vets cemetary for my Dad and FIL. Beautiful service. I sucked it in, puffed it out, dropped my crutch and stood tall during the National Anthem. I was not the only one with a tear on my cheek during Taps.

Yesterday, i barely handled 2 hours outside.

I'm staying in the house today. Its hot and muggy as hell out.

Beautiful day. Mid 70's, sunny. Went to the Vets cemetary for my Dad and FIL. Beautiful service. I sucked it in, puffed it out, dropped my crutch and stood tall during the National Anthem. I was not the only one with a tear on my cheek during Taps.

Amen, SST.

Hot and dry. What else can I say --- summer has arrived. Looking for the triple digits later this week. Yippee.....:p

Back
Top Bottom