Who Gets the 48?

I think that Christopher Bell would be a perfect fit at HMS. I know that Toyota has him under contract, but who knows, it has happened before.
The problem is the hauler driver could win in those Gibbs. Nxs cars. We have no idea how good bell is. Yes the hauler driver analogy applies to men too in some cases

The problem is the hauler driver could win in those Gibbs. Nxs cars. We have no idea how good bell is. Yes the hauler driver analogy applies to men too in some cases
Three time in a row winner of the Chili Bowl Christopher Bell. please tell me the hauler driver could win in that car..it's been slow, I need another good laugh

If the hauler driver can win in those cars then why hasn't Herbst, Harrison Burton haven't done so yet? The Gibbs cars are great but a driver still needs to be decent.

If the hauler driver can win in those cars then why hasn't Herbst, Harrison Burton haven't done so yet? The Gibbs cars are great but a driver still needs to be decent.
Clearly, they’re wasting their time on those youngsters. The answer is to stick one of those hauler drivers in the seat.

This couldn’t be more wrong. We have a pretty good idea of how good Bell is.

Because the hauler drivers are better, Remember what Kyle Busch said about his trucks. Cant get it done in my trucks you suck basically. Same with Gibbs nxs cars. I didn’t say bell is no good, boy you guys put words in my mouth. I said we don’t know how good he really is. Calm down. I thought you guys were more than casual fans and knew this stuff

btw Eric Jones did just as well. How has he been in cup, not setting the world on fire, while his team mates are. Lordy understand equipment disparity please

I suspect that HMS will make a play for a top tier talent ie. Harvick, Larson, Kes, etc...in the hopes of keeping the 48 car a flagship team.

If and when those efforts are fruitless, they will move to plan b and secure a very promising up and coming talent.

I believe HMS correctly identified their need as an organization to get younger. They did so with the hiring of their last 3 drivers. I also believe HMS now sees the essential need for a proven Cup winner and veteran of the sport.

My bold prediction is the next driver of the 48 car will not be without at least multiple Cup wins already under their belt.

I think all of the top tier guys have contracts and wouldn’t be interested in the 48. HMS will wind up with a newbie or a sundowner.

I suspect that HMS will make a play for a top tier talent ie. Harvick, Larson, Kes, etc...in the hopes of keeping the 48 car a flagship team.

If and when those efforts are fruitless, they will move to plan b and secure a very promising up and coming talent.

I believe HMS correctly identified their need as an organization to get younger. They did so with the hiring of their last 3 drivers. I also believe HMS now sees the essential need for a proven Cup winner and veteran of the sport.

My bold prediction is the next driver of the 48 car will not be without at least multiple Cup wins already under their belt.
Are you in politics? sure sounds like it,

I think Hendrick"s plan is going to come together next year. They are going to get a faster car that they sorely need, Elliott, Byron and Bowman are plenty good to put some wins up there IMO.

Because the hauler drivers are better, Remember what Kyle Busch said about his trucks. Cant get it done in my trucks you suck basically. Same with Gibbs nxs cars. I didn’t say bell is no good, boy you guys put words in my mouth. I said we don’t know how good he really is. Calm down. I thought you guys were more than casual fans and knew this stuff

btw Eric Jones did just as well. How has he been in cup, not setting the world on fire, while his team mates are. Lordy understand equipment disparity please

I get what you're saying, but Harrison Burton was a K&N (now ARCA) East Series champion and won 5 races. I get the humor though.

Actually I think Erik Jones should take Hendrick into consideration.

I could see Ross Chastain or Dibby getting the #48, both have experience in the Cup Series and have done well in lesser equpiment

Nah, I don't know what happened to Bubba Wallace, he was great in the truck series, but he hadn't really performed in the MENCS series.
see I disagree with that. Remember when almirola got hurt? bubba stepped in and IMO ran the car better than almirola did. bubba has been decent when he has been given a good car. bubba brings character to the series IMO, I hope he stays around.

see I disagree with that. Remember when almirola got hurt? bubba stepped in and IMO ran the car better than almirola did. bubba has been decent when he has been given a good car. bubba brings character to the series IMO, I hope he stays around.

Agreed. Bubba put some good runs together in the 2nd half of the season with a car that has far less funding than what Smirlthfield brought to the table with Almriola.

A simple stat check indicates otherwise chief

I don't see Bubba as being a front runner for the 48. IMO he's got too much going on in his head for HMS to want to deal with, which is unfortunate because he's shown some good talent.

It will be interesting to see if they go veteran driver or not. Have to remember by 2021 chase and bowan will have been in the series for a few years. I can't see any of the established cup drivers giving up their rides to jump to HMS given their recent performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HMS always got the best drivers because their cars were always the fastest. I don't think anyone views HMS as having the best cars the last couple years. Ask yourself what gibbs or penske or SHR driver is going to leave and come over to HMS? I don't see it happening. At least they are not going to wanna leave either of those cars. The best thing HMS can do is prove they actually have better cars. As for hiring established veterans I think those type of drivers are way less than they used to be. They passed on kenseth, probably could have gotten kurt busch somehow. I really couldn't believe they didn't get kenseth for the 2018 season, instead choosing byron. Some past decisions appear to be costly, firing kyle busch instead of getting rid of casey mears, the worst. Letting brad K go in favor of running mark martin a couple more years. Imagine the price of those mistakes not. a team with brad and kyle would anchor a dynasty.

HMS always got the best drivers because their cars were always the fastest. I don't think anyone views HMS as having the best cars the last couple years. Ask yourself what gibbs or penske or SHR driver is going to leave and come over to HMS? I don't see it happening. At least they are not going to wanna leave either of those cars. The best thing HMS can do is prove they actually have better cars. As for hiring established veterans I think those type of drivers are way less than they used to be. They passed on kenseth, probably could have gotten kurt busch somehow. I really couldn't believe they didn't get kenseth for the 2018 season, instead choosing byron. Some past decisions appear to be costly, firing kyle busch instead of getting rid of casey mears, the worst. Letting brad K go in favor of running mark martin a couple more years. Imagine the price of those mistakes not. a team with brad and kyle would anchor a dynasty.

Rick is all about getting the best sponsor money and he chooses drivers
who fit a certain mold because he knows what he can sell.

Just for the record, I think Rick wanted Kyle gone, regardless of the lost potential. He just wasn't a HMS kind of team player. You can call it a mistake, but I'm not sure he would have ever exactly thrived in that environment. He was going to have a LONG wait to be the #1 guy there, regardless of record. As for Brad, I think Rick thought he could keep Brad busy for a year and then he would take over the 5 car. Brad felt dissed and bolted for Penske. I don't think there was a one or the other thought process there. Also consider that Mark was coming off a very near miss championship run, and Brad was a HUGE question mark at that point. It seems like a no-brainer now, but not so much then.

Everyone makes mistakes even the great Rick. BUT he already has more money than he knows what to do with so he can afford these little set backs.
I agree with Formerjackman in that it don't matter how great Kyle is/was he didn't fit the mold for HMS.

Danica on the road courses, and plate tracks & Hailie for the rest. STAMP IT!

Except that Danica was never that good on a road course in Indy Car, let alone a Cup car. The Xfinity race where she got taken out might have been the best run she ever had on a road course in ANY major series.

Heck bring Kahne back for plate races as long as you can hook him up to a constant IV in the car

The logical choice has to be Chastain. He's a guy who is getting it done, no matter the car or the series. They took a punt on Jimmie when he was still an Average Joe long ago, so why not Chastain? Allgaier would be the other choice that springs to mind, but as has been pointed out already, I think he fits the mold better as the elder statesman at JRM.

Brett Moffitt and Ryan Preece would be two other Chevy drivers that are worth a shout imo.

Preece can be tested right where he is by providing better equipment as was done with MattD

I don’t know why everyone thinks the 48 without chad or the 14 at SHR is such an upgrade for Larson. He’s the top dog at CGR and will be second fiddle at the best for those two organizations. If he got Chad Knaus or Rodney Childers then that’s a whole nother story. I think Gannassi is about on par with Hendrick the last few seasons, and just needs to upgrade in the pit crew department.

Back
Top Bottom