WNBA

It was a basketball play, but it’s also a foul that gets called every time. Reese just goes out of her way to be unlikeable.
Absolutely a basketball play, but also correctly called a Flagrant 1 this time. Angel has no one to blame but herself for getting into foul trouble today.

Shortly after this the Fever also schemed to get Reese switched onto CC out on the perimeter and drew her fifth foul to send her to the bench as well. That was the fewest minutes she’s played in five games.

Boston has been playing so much better recently I wonder if her slow start wasn’t simply attributable to not being in game shape. She looked so lethargic and heavy-footed early in the season, very possibly a consequence of not playing in Europe like much of the rest of the league.

Caitlin Clark lives rent free in her head.
I believe that you are correct.

Clark really had some good statistics today. Her shooting percentage was good and she is still getting good rebounds and her assists are great. I will never cease to be amazed by her passing ability even though she misses one now and then. As I previously mentioned, the teammates are getting to know each other and their game is showing it.

I believe that you are correct.

Clark really had some good statistics today. Her shooting percentage was good and she is still getting good rebounds and her assists are great. I will never cease to be amazed by her passing ability even though she misses one now and then. As I previously mentioned, the teammates are getting to know each other and their game is showing it.

Boston is getting used to Clark’s speed, and Mitchell is showing a lot more trust in Clark than she did even two weeks ago.

Aliyah Boston is a great team leader. I imagine she’s rallied that locker room during all this drama.

As hard as it is to believe, the Fever currently hold the final playoff spot - apparently eight out of the twelve teams make this thing. Lmao
In a league of 12, should only be four teams.

I don’t know why pro sports leagues want half (or more) of the league in the playoffs.

In a league of 12, should only be four teams.

I don’t know why pro sports leagues want half (or more) of the league in the playoffs.
I get the point and personally agree. If there are to many playoff teams it also diminishes the value of the regular season games.

But I think the reason they do it is obvious. They get more money from the TV contracts and ticket sales with the additional playoff games.

Might be favorite play of the game - Clark draws all five defenders into the paint on the drive and kicks it out to Katie Lou for an open 3 to end the half. Insane gravity.

IMG_2069.jpeg

Sky-Fever matchup draws WNBA's highest ratings in 23 years​

The Indiana Fever's 91-83 victory over the visiting Chicago Sky on Sunday was the WNBA's most-watched game in 23 years, CBS announced on Tuesday.

The game featured 2024 No. 1 overall pick Caitlin Clark of the Fever and No. 7 overall pick Angel Reese of the Sky. The contest averaged 2.25 million viewers, a 225 percent increase over a comparable game window last season between the Phoenix Mercury and New York Liberty.

The Indiana Fever's 91-83 victory over the visiting Chicago Sky on Sunday was the WNBA's most-watched game in 23 years, CBS announced on Tuesday.

The game featured 2024 No. 1 overall pick Caitlin Clark of the Fever and No. 7 overall pick Angel Reese of the Sky. The contest averaged 2.25 million viewers, a 225 percent increase over a comparable game window last season between the Phoenix Mercury and New York Liberty.

Business is booming thanks to Caitlin Clark.

Caitlin Clark is now responsible for the most-watched WNBA game ever on each of CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, Ion, and NBA TV.

And it should be, the Fever games are fun to watch and no matter what some may say, we are seeing some good basketball. I love watching the Fever as we are now seeing teamwork in the games.

This thread has seven times as many pages as the NBA thread did in an entire season. Caitlin Clark effect.

This thread has seven times as many pages as the NBA thread did in an entire season. Caitlin Clark effect.
What I never liked about the NBA was all the one-on-one play. In the WNBA there is some "fun-to-watch" teamwork. Did you see that one play in the Fever vs Sky game when the Fever had a 3 on 1 play near the Sky basket and the passing that occurred. It was a thing of beauty to see. Clark was right in front of the basket and could have taken the shot but she passed off to her teammate for an easy layup.

I can only watch the games when they are on CBS, ESPN (not 3), and Prime.

Any recommendations for more viewing.

I can only watch the games when they are on CBS, ESPN (not 3), and Prime.

Any recommendations for more viewing.
YouTubeTV has every applicable channel really - CBS, ABC, Ion, ESPN, ESPN2, NBA TV, even CBS Sports Network. And then you can log into ESPN3 with that (or any cable TV provider) as well.

Statistical representation of how Boston and Mitchell playing well offensively lightens the load on CC - she’s taken more than 12 shots only once in seven games this month. She took 14 or more six times in nine games in May. Chucking less and playing within the system more.

Back
Top Bottom