World of Outlaws 2019

I've been to Devil's Bowl a few times. it's a cool track. I thought the banks would be steeper when I first heard the name. East of Dallas (not close to Ft.Worth) Fine racing there, they can stretch out.

Yeah, saw a complaint about it rubbering down, but it was still an intense battle between Schuchart and Pittman, and there was movement and passing ability through the field. Allen almost got his first win. They get a little more spread out there, but that's a fast half mile for you. Apparently there is rain potential tomorrow, hopefully they get it in.

Must be awesome to have 410 sprint cars racing every week if you lived in Knoxville.
Not trying to be a smartass, but when I lived briefly in central Pennsylvania, there were at least four sprint car shows every week within easy driving distance. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... Williams Grove, Lincoln Speedway, Port Royal, Selinsgrove, Hagerstown. The top guys raced 4X per week, and just about everyone raced at least 2X.

Also two or three modified shows per week. A lot of the same tracks that hosted sprinters also hosted modifieds, but on different nights. Plus Penn National was modifieds only.

This was way back... 1971. Not sure how dense the schedules are now, but most of the tracks are still operating weekly. Dirt trackin' heaven.

Close race, more Sat I 55 and Sun Jacksonville

Yeah, Sweet had it won easily until the caution. Then lost the lead to Gravel, then got it back. Good battling and a real test for those guys on lane choice. Schatz is getting a little better every week. I think the Ford motors have changed a lot for that team.

I really need to go to another WoO race this year. Maybe Placerville on Wednesday 9/11 for a quick Sacramento flight before NASCAR in Las Vegas. The quality of the field and the racing is better than NASCAR or any other oval series out there and it isn't a discussion to me. There's other great series, but it was pretty amazing how good of a product WoO is.

It's quite lame that WoO at Reno-Fernley 95A Speedway is the same day as the South Point 400 in Las Vegas.

Racing in the heats and dash was great and the rains came and the rest of the night got canceled.

Another entire weekend washed out, this is getting ridiculous.

Second win of the season for Schatz. Sweet wss leading the points coming into tonight, but Schatz leads now.

I thought Schuchart might be able to run him down there in the closing laps, but nope, Schatz was better on the bottom and in traffic.

Rained out again tonight after the heats were underway, rescheduled for July 17. Has been a very difficult spring for the series and teams in this regard.

Kevin Swindell's Swindell SpeedLab has posted a bunch of in-car videos of Christopher Bell last Friday at Eldora. This is one of the best in-car views I've ever seen in a sprint car. If watching this doesn't get your adrenaline flowing and give you a new appreciation for this type of racing, I'm not sure if you have a pulse.

For @Mispeedway15, please note how the throttle actually sounds here. Eldora was very fast that night. They were threatening track records that date back to when there was no minimum weight rule. He is fully off the throttle when running low, and feathering it when on the cushion. This is a good illustration of how much and when drivers are on the gas on a fast half-mile.

And this is what Knoxville looked like (not Outlaws, this was regular Knoxville weekly 410s). He was struggling more here, you can see him fighting the car and not able to hammer down the way he needed to to finish better.

It's a good night for the Outlaws in PA when there are enough cars for a C-Main and Donny Schatz is in the B and falls one spot short of qualifying for the main event. (He hasn't used any provisionals this year, so he'll get in that way, but he'll be starting at the back.)

It's a good night for the Outlaws in PA when there are enough cars for a C-Main and Donny Schatz is in the B and falls one spot short of qualifying for the main event. (He hasn't used any provisionals this year, so he'll get in that way, but he'll be starting at the back.)
I think I saw Lincoln Speedways Facebook page said 43 checked in

Was an intense race between Gravel and Dewease for the first half of the race, and when Dewease got around him, Gravel closed in a couple more times. Ryan Smith is new to me, but he was flying on the top. Another caution and he might have won.

The PA Posse drivers are very good.

Kevin Swindell's Swindell SpeedLab has posted a bunch of in-car videos of Christopher Bell last Friday at Eldora. This is one of the best in-car views I've ever seen in a sprint car. If watching this doesn't get your adrenaline flowing and give you a new appreciation for this type of racing, I'm not sure if you have a pulse.

For @Mispeedway15, please note how the throttle actually sounds here. Eldora was very fast that night. They were threatening track records that date back to when there was no minimum weight rule. He is fully off the throttle when running low, and feathering it when on the cushion. This is a good illustration of how much and when drivers are on the gas on a fast half-mile.

WOW! That is intense, I can't imagine the rush it must be to drive one of these things at Eldora. Watching that yellow car racing on the inside reminded me of the old Vivarin car and got me to thinking how neat it would be to see the WOO do a throw back weekend maybe at Eldora or Knoxville.

They have started putting down the dirt in Nashville at the Fairgrounds for their races in 2 weeks. I saw some other photos that seem to make the corners look really tight.

More pics of the dirt going down in Nashville.

60469298_2392939427394872_2421922557746741248_o.jpg

60345822_2392939450728203_7527213744275849216_n.jpg

Yeah, I liked those angles down near the track. Excellent race between Gravel, Pittman, and Dietrich, and behind them as well. Williams Grove is a good one.

Dewease clearly was the class of the field this week. The Posse are tough to beat on their home turf.

Great last few laps with a battle for 2nd before Schatz almost ran Deitrich down traded the lead at the white but Deitrich held him off.

Back
Top Bottom