World of Outlaws 2019

Dammit, I forgot they were racing tonight and will have to catch it once it is in the archive.

What did you think of it in person for the first time?

That's one of if not the best of the year. Really, the first one I forget about? I'll definitely catch the whole thing once it's available.

Dammit, I forgot they were racing tonight and will have to catch it once it is in the archive.

What did you think of it in person for the first time?
I loved it, I know they say the Outlaws are the fastest thing on dirt but seeing them in person is amazing. Quick time in qualifying was 13 seconds an average of 102 mph on a 3/8th mile. I did learn why they sell goggles at the merchandise stand because it got dusty real fast when all 24 are out for the feature. It may be one of my favorite races I've ever been too.

That's one of if not the best of the year. Really, the first one I forget about? I'll definitely catch the whole thing once it's available.
Shake and bake. I love it when the Posse guys beat the Outlaws. Danny Dietrich is one of the top central Pennsylvania regulars, so not really a surprise winner at any sprint car race anywhere.

I don't think Bridgeport Speedway would be considered a "home track" for PA Posse racers... don't know how often they race there, if ever. @kkfan91, do you recall if the announcer or the locals around you in the grandstand considered Dietrich a homer?

Shake and bake. I love it when the Posse guys beat the Outlaws. Danny Dietrich is one of the top central Pennsylvania regulars, so not really a surprise winner at any sprint car race anywhere.

I don't think Bridgeport Speedway would be considered a "home track" for PA Posse racers... don't know how often they race there, if ever. @kkfan91, do you recall if the announcer or the locals around you in the grandstand considered Dietrich a homer?
The guy sitting next to me seemed to think he was the announcer considered him more of an outlaw since he came in with 4 outlaw wins

Larson almost got himself a win in his first time back with the Outlaws since February. He led until about five to go and gave up the lead to Gio Scelzi, the 17 year-old who wins his second WoO race.

Wait until you see the highlights of this one. Almost went caution free until about 6 laps to go, and then literally half the field have had right rear tires go down since and there has been caution after caution after caution. They still aren't done. I've never seen one quite like this.

Good explanation of what occurred.

And I have to say, though it didn't hold up, it's cool seeing a green #11 running up front with a Kinser in the seat again.

Larson wins. Bell led most of it, Larson lost a spot or two and had to fight his way back to the front. Larson got around Bell after a restart, and Bell got a little too aggressive and wrecked himself. I'm not positive what his take will be and I hope there won't be any bad blood, but it looked to me like a slight error on Bell's part.

This one was definitely worth it.

Great race throughout the field. Hard charger was Rico I believe.. Gio is for real, so is Buddy Kofoid. Reutzel always seems to have a fast car, and something always breaks.. Bell made the mistake, in my opinion.. Schatz is Schatz.... points racer. :)

Yeah, Gio Scelzi is definitely for real and maturing fast at this level. I didn't know Kofoid before tonight.

Great race throughout the field. Hard charger was Rico I believe.. Gio is for real, so is Buddy Kofoid. Reutzel always seems to have a fast car, and something always breaks.. Bell made the mistake, in my opinion.. Schatz is Schatz.... points racer. :)

Watched Kofoid in 4 races the last week and half.
1. Attica, was leading most of the feature had a mechanical issue finished 3rd.
2. Fremont - won
3. Attica finished 2nd
4. Fremont - running second or third but destroyed a tire near the end.

The kid is super smooth, very impressive.

I'm very curious to see how the races at Nashville fare this weekend. The track looks really narrow. Not sure how the racing will be. Ticket sales don't appear to be too good. Most of the reserved seats for Saturday night are still available. I haven't check for tonight's race.

I'm very curious to see how the races at Nashville fare this weekend. The track looks really narrow. Not sure how the racing will be. Ticket sales don't appear to be too good. Most of the reserved seats for Saturday night are still available. I haven't check for tonight's race.

That is interesting if true, as there has been a lot of promotion. Hopefully it pans out well. Tony Stewart is running tonight, his little boycott dating back to last year is over.

Early on, I have to agree with what @MRM posted. I like a good bull ring, but this place as built is too tight and small for these cars IMO. Midgets would be good.

I'm surprised a Nashville World of Outlaws race isn't a draw. I guess it's more of a WoO late model & Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt market.

The crowd is more than adequate. The track is not. Might be decent with careful prep, but it was bone dry and taking rubber by the end of the first heat race.

They can't do their normal double file restarts because of how tight the track is. The modifieds that are the support class had their heat races canceled because they're trying to save what semblance of a track they have.

I love where the series is at right now, but this unfortunately was a misfire tonight, and I call them like I see them. The main event could still be 'entertaining' and unusual as it were. But I hope casuals aren't watching this and thinking this is what a WoO event is like.

Now they've canceled the dash and are reworking the track to try to produce something raceable. I support doing what it takes to try to get it as good as can be.

I would be watching Mansfield instead that pays $100k to win tomorrow night, and where a lot of the big time 410 drivers that aren't WoO full-timers are, if it didn't cost $60 to watch for the weekend.

Really wanted to make it to the Nashville race this weekend. Even if it is a bit of a **** show, those (most likely) 1 time shows like this are neat. Some thing prevented me from going. I was hoping it would turn out better so that they may go back to Nashville for a second year... Oh well...
Hopefully night #2 turns out better. I was reading a curfew is the reason they are cutting modified heat races, the dash, etc...
Maybe they should start the show a little earlier tomorrow (at least stuff like the hot laps, time trials and modified heat races, get that stuff done with so the main WoO show doesn't need to be cut short...
I Will be at Jukasa for the Pinty's Series tomorrow (they are showing it for free on FansChoice.TV tomorrow for anyone interested).

Watched the highlights on YouTube, that track is too small for 410s like @gnomesayin said midgets work better. The qualifying looked like a joke all the drivers seemed to hit the wall coming off 4.

Balog was having trouble keeping it in the rubber on the bottom and kept drifting up. Schatz was just biding his time.

I hope they can do something a little better with the track for tomorrow, but it's tough when it's that small and tight. The dirt fill really flattened the place out.

Here are some brief highlights from the Mansfield preliminary races tonight.

I had a credential to shoot the racing this weekend. Between how narrow the track looked and I hurt my leg at a race last week, I decided not to go. I almost changed my mind for tonight with Tony Stewart being there, but I'm giving the leg a rest and am home tonight.

gnomesayin, I read the open wheel heats were cancelled because the track has a 10:30 curfew. They never would have gotten finished had they not cancelled them.

I think the track was too dry because the dirt isn't very deep. Moisture isn't going to come back up if all the water is out of the dirt. It looks like it is no more than 2 feet deep. We'll see what tonight looks like.

Back
Top Bottom