Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

The current RF YFL overall standings after Sonoma, Race 16 of 36, June 25 2017
Screenshot_2017-06-25-20-25-34-1.png

Congratulations to team UNI Panthers our new overall leader.
This is a great battle shaping up to be a classic. @Rick actually took the point lead after qualifying friday, only to see UNI panthers take over the lead after today's race.
And @Yogisd1 aka Sedro Woolley Racing is still has a great season going, after maintaining the lead for 15 races.
All three of these are within striking distance and it is a race by race thing that could see several lead changes during the remaining races.

Congrats UNI Panthers, on taking the overall lead. Congrats to Aunty Dive, this weeks winner. My luck in the summer segment has been as bad, as my spring luck was good. Rick and I chose the same drivers for our "B" and "C" drivers. (Bench drivers included.) It could be a real close one, if our guys can finish.

A horrible week. I went against one of my cardinal rules (never pick drivers who have mixed recent history at a given track, even if available data suggests a good race), and it burned me bad, w/ two drivers (Truex and Dinger) out of the top thirty (and even worse, they were the sources of nearly ALL my bonus points). I definitely should've stuck w/ Hamlin as my A-Lister, that would've gotten me a lot more points. Alternately, I even could've sat pat on my original roster from earlier in the week instead of chucking it all Friday night - that roster had Kevin Harvick as my active A-Lister.

And of course, now we're at another plate race, where I once again have no clear idea of who to pick because everyone has a mixed history and is just as likely to crash out or win as everyone else.

Damn Kyle Busch just killed two of my cars.....

The current RF YFL overall standings after Daytona, the race that was traditionally known as "the Firecracker 400". Race 17 of 36, July 1st 2017.
Screenshot_2017-07-02-05-06-19-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Daytona, the race that was traditionally known as "the Firecracker 400". Race 17 of 36, July 1st 2017.
Screenshot_2017-07-02-05-29-57-1.png

I'm beginning to feel like a yo-yo with up one week and down the next, then more up and down. What's next? Going on circles? Forgot, they do that pretty much every week. :rolleyes:

Even if it was 26th place, I feel a bit bad now for whining about a night that got me back to ninth in the full season standings, and kept me at 14th in the segment (incidentally, 15th + 14th* = 9th* how?). Even so, though, any shot I had at a good night got hard-boiled with Cool Whip's engine on lap ten, and it only got worse when Keselowski crashed the second time. But then, I really didn't expect to do any good here, because there's no "strategy" that can safeguard against the Big One, or getting hung out to dry, or any of the other quirks of plate tracks. I'm just glad I had Stenhouse on my roster to buoy things (even if that's also the third time out of four this year I've picked the race winner on a day/night where the rest of my roster wasn't good enough to really back it up).

Now to Kentucky, and an attempt to get my performance back towards a more April-like situation.

[*to date]

Congratulations @Rick, this weeks winner, and new points leader. Most top 10s, and tied for most wins.
Rick is making a strong run at being the RF YFLs first two time champion.

Way to go Rick. A win and the lead. You will be hard for me to catch, since we pick a lot of the same guys. I was wondering if any of my guys would finish.

Behind the wall, laps down, or in trouble.

Trevor Bayne
YFL p2 Sedro Woolley Racing aka @Yogisd1
YFL p9 Nodonyet Motorsports
YFL p11 Alternate Facts

Brad Kezolowski
YFL p6 Three Time
YFL p16 484Eight
YFL p17 Gray Area Motorsports
YFL p19 Dudley Motorsports
YFL p20 Johali

Ty Dillion
p9 Nodonyet Motorsports
p12 Rowdy Racing

Behind the wall, laps down, or in trouble.

Trevor Bayne
YFL p2 Sedro Woolley Racing aka @Yogisd1
YFL p9 Nodonyet Motorsports
YFL p11 Alternate Facts

Brad Kezolowski
YFL p6 Three Time
YFL p16 484Eight
YFL p17 Gray Area Motorsports
YFL p19 Dudley Motorsports
YFL p20 Johali

Ty Dillion
p9 Nodonyet Motorsports
p12 Rowdy Racing

Oh, wow, mid-race updates on whose Fantasy Rosters are burning in the fiery abyss. Which includes mine for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW!!! Not to mention the second week in a row where it was already off the pace in the first fifteen laps, AND I'm the only one w/ two drivers sunk this early...

Also, Greg, you mis-spelled "Dillon". Not that I blame you, people known on less savory parts of the net have made a similar error...

Oh, wow, mid-race updates on whose Fantasy Rosters are burning in the fiery abyss. Which includes mine for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW!!! Not to mention the second week in a row where it was already off the pace in the first fifteen laps, AND I'm the only one w/ two drivers sunk this early...

I know it sucks I had two DNFs last week. Bayne with a crashed car and McDowells was all had left by mid race.
Hang in there the season is only half done, you are doing well overall, and still in the hunt.

I know it sucks I had two DNFs last week. Bayne with a crashed car and McDowells was all had left by mid race.
Hang in there the season is only half done, you are doing well overall, and still in the hunt.

I think I have ridiculous expectations for exactly how many weeks I can actually pull good scores out of this, based mostly on those three weeks in April where I actually got four top twenties a week w/out using the upper crust of each tier. You do have a point, I've somehow stayed in the top fifteen out of a group of fifty since getting there at Auto Club, that's not nothing.

Congrats @Greg for this weeks win. Looks like your mid-race carnage report could be an effective rally.

The current RF YFL overall standings after Kentucky, Race 18 of 36 July 8th, 2017.

Congratulations @Rick for keeping the overall lead and expanding his points advantage.
Screenshot_2017-07-09-08-07-43-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Kentucky, Race 18 of 36 July 8th, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-07-09-08-34-49-1.png

I forgot to set my lineup and it worked out

Now is the summer of my discontent. I think I had two total top twenties out of the EIGHT drivers between my bench and my starters, although I at least managed to start both of them (unlike some weeks). Sadly, if I'd left Ryan Newman in, and if I'd swapped out Ty Dillon for Michael McDowell, it would've been a salvageable total. Instead, I wound up w/ another disastrous weekend, as stated previously, and big lumps in both the segment (-8 to 22nd) and season (-5 to 14th) standings.

Now to New Hampshire, and some lesser-used faces in my line-up...

The current RF YFL overall standings after Loudon N. H.
Race 19 of 36, July 16th 2017.
Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-11-09-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Loudon New Hampshire, race 19 of 36. July 16, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-07-16-20-20-33-1.png

My best score in a long time (basically since Michigan when I was in heavy-hitter mode), and I still found a way to finish deep and drop spots (-2 in the segment, -1 for the season). I managed to get the single highest scoring driver in Truex (at least the second time this year using him has netted me that on a weekend where he didn't win), but even factoring in that I basically declared my B- and C-Lists as lost causes to preserve starts for better drivers, I still whiffed by making the wrong swap on my B-list (Austin Dillon out for Allmendinger, instead of Newman) and staying pat on the C-list (McDowell really struggled with the handling, while Ty Dillon made some hay late), which together left me 44 points short of my best possible score - which would've gotten me my first top fifteen since Pocono.

Oh well. On to Indy.

Forgot to update my team this week. Stupid idiot I picked Denny as my A driver and the rest went to crap. Ugh. 45th tough one.

Congratulations @Rick the current leader
Rick has averaged 323 points over the last nine races, and 329 points over the last 6 races.

Back
Top Bottom