2014 Silly Season Thread

Both Biffle and Carl Edwards are in contract years with Roush, but Edwards is believed to be headed to Joe Gibbs Racing next season. A clause in his contract prohibits him from discussing his plans until September, just as Matt Kenseth did not announce where he was going in 2013 until long after the team said he was not returning.

If Roush handles Edwards' departure the same way it did Kenseth's, an announcement about his future with the team could be imminent. As speculation mounted Kenseth had signed with JGR during the Sonoma race weekend, Roush officially confirmed his departure two days after the race.

Biffle admitted he has talked to other teams in the garage, but he was presently negotiating with Roush, the only team he's driven for since his 1998 rookie season in the Truck Series. He won the Truck Series championship in 2000 and added a Nationwide Series title in 2002.

"My deal is definitely not done," he told The Associated Press during practice at Sonoma Raceway. "I'm trying to negotiate an extension. Nothing has changed."

http://racing.ap.org/article/greg-biffle-still-working-extension-roush

Here's the thing....I really like Jack Roush. He is a very smart man, and a character in the garage. Here is what I do not respect.....The way that he announced that Matt was leaving knowing that Matt could not say anything contractually. That's crap. I would be even more disappointed if he handles Carl the same way. Bitter and Bush League. Very unfortunate if this comes to be.

Jack may be looking at it from a different perspective. He wants future sponsorship prospects to feel comfortable signing with RFR. It's all about money now.

Here's the thing....I really like Jack Roush. He is a very smart man, and a character in the garage. Here is what I do not respect.....The way that he announced that Matt was leaving knowing that Matt could not say anything contractually. That's crap. I would be even more disappointed if he handles Carl the same way. Bitter and Bush League. Very unfortunate if this comes to be.
I understand your point, but Jack does not owe anybody anything (especially Gibbs) nor is jack under any contract with Gibbs. Whatever secrets Gibbs wants to keep does not mean Jack has to play along! Maybe Gibbs should be a little more truthful with his intentions...

Jack may be looking at it from a different perspective. He wants future sponsorship prospects to feel comfortable signing with RFR. It's all about money now.

That is a fair point.

I understand your point, but Jack does not owe anybody anything (especially Gibbs) nor is jack under any contract with Gibbs. Whatever secrets Gibbs wants to keep does not mean Jack has to play along! Maybe Gibbs should be a little more truthful with his intentions...

Not sure you would want to do that to a future teammate when you know that he can't say anything until September. I mean Gibbs would create a media circus that Carl couldn't respond to. I think that when you couple this with what he did with Matt and the Darkside thing, it is hard not to think that it is ill spirited.

Not sure you would want to do that to a future teammate when you know that he can't say anything until September. I mean Gibbs would create a media circus that Carl couldn't respond to. I think that when you couple this with what he did with Matt and the Darkside thing, it is hard not to think that it is ill spirited.
Gibbs antics are what create those repercussions...not Jacks. IMO.

Gibbs antics are what create those repercussions...not Jacks. IMO.

JD had to protect JGR's interests with Mars. When your sponsors start asking, you need to start answering. When your sponsor's clients are asking, and you don't know, something needs to be done. Hard to believe that Jack isn't sticking it to those that leave the fold just a little. I truly hope that RFR survives. Jack Roush is good for the sport.

So with Home Depot leaving the cup series and JGR... who thinks they might end up the new NNS sponsor? "The NASCAR Home Depot Series?" Hehe nothin like speculation lol

JD had to protect JGR's interests with Mars. When your sponsors start asking, you need to start answering. When your sponsor's clients are asking, and you don't know, something needs to be done. Hard to believe that Jack isn't sticking it to those that leave the fold just a little. I truly hope that RFR survives. Jack Roush is good for the sport.
It is not Jacks responsibility to protect Gibbs!

Yeah they are re naming the Redskins to the Running Jesus's, so Joe is going back to coaching.

Not sure that Coach ever had an issue with the name did he?

I have a feeling this is a Carl Edwards announcement. His best chances of winning a championship at Roush were in 2008 and 2011, and Roush isn't running good enough as a team to win one right now

Thinking that this is simply a farewell to Home Depot. Can't imagine it's about Carl.

Thinking that this is simply a farewell to Home Depot. Can't imagine it's about Carl.
Yep..... Probably a new sponsorship announcement. Besides, the news already broke about Carl going to JGR last week on this board. What's left to be said? ;)

Yep..... Probably a new sponsorship announcement. Besides, the news already broke about Carl going to JGR last week on this board. What's left to be said? ;)

Yeah, and my tits became inflamed, so that just about does it I would think. :D

doubt the going away party... it might be to welcome a new sponsor (which there hasn't been a peep about) while graciously thanking Home Depot for their participation blah blah blah.(don't close any doors)

So with Home Depot leaving the cup series and JGR... who thinks they might end up the new NNS sponsor? "The NASCAR Home Depot Series?" Hehe nothin like speculation lol

I do, and here is why. HD is a huge College football sponsor. If they sponsor the Grand National Series too they will own Saturday sports. Just my two cents.

It is not Jacks responsibility to protect Gibbs!

Yeah, but it would be classy if he showed respect to his current (soon to be ex?) driver by shutting his mouth. As far as Gibbs goes, I guess I am not getting these antics that you speak of....

Yeah, but it would be classy if he showed respect to his current (soon to be ex?) driver by shutting his mouth. As far as Gibbs goes, I guess I am not getting these antics that you speak of....
No, it would be classy for Gibbs to not put other people in a position to with hold information (lie)! Jack has every right to be as transparent as he wants.

I have tons of respect for your insight and enjoy reading your knowledge in your posts, but I'm afraid that this particular situation we are both bias on completely opposite sides of the spectrum.

I don't understand what you are saying there Bobby . Future sponsors would feel more comfortable ? Why ?

I have tons of respect for your insight and enjoy reading your knowledge in your posts, but I'm afraid that this particular situation we are both bias on completely opposite sides of the spectrum.

Appreciate that. Respect your posts/positions as well. Are you saying that chasing Carl is a bad thing? Just not sure what JGR has done. What I am saying is that when Jack announces a driver leaving while that driver can't speak, it's a power trip.

Appreciate that. Respect your posts/positions as well. Are you saying that chasing Carl is a bad thing? Just not sure what JGR has done. What I am saying is that when Jack announces a driver leaving while that driver can't speak, it's a power trip.
But why can't said driver say anything? My believe is that it's because Gibbs is going about something in a way that is screwing not only the driver, but the previous owner as well. That makes me think it's a power trip that Gibbs is playing by putting people in awkward positions for no apparent reason other than an uncalled for "antic". That's why I say it is not jacks job to surrender or play along with Gibbs antics.

But why can't said driver say anything? My believe is that it's because Gibbs is going about something in a way that is screwing not only the driver, but the previous owner as well. That makes me think it's a power trip that Gibbs is playing by putting people in awkward positions for no apparent reason other than an uncalled for "antic". That's why I say it is not jacks job to surrender or play along with Gibbs antics.

I see what you are saying. I am under the impression that said driver has a gag order per contract with Jack. Who knows? Thanks for the clarification. I think we can both agree that contract stuff is ugly. Lots of moving pieces. It will settle one way or the other.

I see what you are saying. I am under the impression that said driver has a gag order per contract with Jack. Who knows? Thanks for the clarification. I think we can both agree that contract stuff is ugly. Lots of moving pieces. It will settle one way or the other.
Fair enough, I can live with that agreement.

"Next year, we're talking about full-time Nationwide, and that'd be great," Wallace Jr. said. "If not, maybe another year in the Truck Series. But the next two to three years, definitely full-time in Nationwide. Maybe getting a start in Cup, but Kentucky's on my mind and we're ready to roll."

The NASCAR Drive for Diversity graduate said that his No. 20 ride at Daytona will be sponsored by Coca-Cola and kick off the company's "Share a Coke" campaign.

"Coca-Cola's taken iconic names from across the nation and changed out their logos on the bottle to put your name on there," Wallace Jr. said. "That's really neat so you never know. If you pick up a bottle that says 'Share a Coke with Bubba,' then you think of me."

Wallace Jr. hinted that Coke might be a sponsor of his Nationwide ride in 2015.

"If we can get that deal signed of being full-time Nationwide, you never know, we could be sharing a Coke at the end," Wallace Jr. said.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...rell-wallace-jr-joe-gibbs-racing-daytona.html

"Next year, we're talking about full-time Nationwide, and that'd be great," Wallace Jr. said. "If not, maybe another year in the Truck Series. But the next two to three years, definitely full-time in Nationwide. Maybe getting a start in Cup, but Kentucky's on my mind and we're ready to roll."

The NASCAR Drive for Diversity graduate said that his No. 20 ride at Daytona will be sponsored by Coca-Cola and kick off the company's "Share a Coke" campaign.

"Coca-Cola's taken iconic names from across the nation and changed out their logos on the bottle to put your name on there," Wallace Jr. said. "That's really neat so you never know. If you pick up a bottle that says 'Share a Coke with Bubba,' then you think of me."

Wallace Jr. hinted that Coke might be a sponsor of his Nationwide ride in 2015.

"If we can get that deal signed of being full-time Nationwide, you never know, we could be sharing a Coke at the end," Wallace Jr. said.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...rell-wallace-jr-joe-gibbs-racing-daytona.html

Bubba deserves this. I hope it happens.

Any chance with all the crap that uncle harvs crew has given him he leaves SHR?
Wonder what his contract is....

Back
Top Bottom