2018 Charlotte - All Star - Pre-Race Thread

Good luck with the Coke job.
I just hope it is not a delivery job. God bless the guys who do it.

I interviewed with Coke for a CDL store delivery job. I thought it was a joke when they told me what the pay was. The pay just to have a CDL was laughable and slinging cases was a joke also.
The other parts of the job was nuts.
God bless the guys that do it.
My nephew is a delivery driver for coca cola and has been for 40 years. He say's the work isn't too bad and they're absolutely great to work for. This is the pay scale. He makes in the $60K plus range.

According to payscale.com, the average Coca Cola delivery driver earns:$32,149-$83,306 per year. $15.21-$25.25 an hour. $39,841 median pay.
Coca Cola Truck Driver Salary
https://www.truckdriverssalary.com/coca-cola-truck-driver-salary/

Well since they arent rushing off to another part of the country I imagine they would run it whenever it dries out this week.
Better for the track if they move it to next Saturday with the Busch race. That will boost attendance.

It was 2014 when I interviewed with Coke in Harrisburg, Pa.

The pay for having a CDL and just driving the truck was $125 per 10 hr day. Which is $12.50 an hour. A joke to maintain a CDL license with all the regulations to keep the license.

The rest of the pay was the number of cases on the truck. They wanted me to plan my own route on my home computer on my own time. Also they said if I had a question to call a veteran driver during the day. I just looked at them because it is illegal to use a cell phone unless it is hands free. Plus I am sure people love to get many calls so they can't get there job done. Plus at all.stops the driver has to make sure the place has the money to pay. About as crazy as the Frito-Lay driver who told me he has to run down bad checks on his route.
The guys who interviewed me all.started as delivery men and told me how great it was but yet they both transferred to other positions, to funny.

I think ASR qualifying is my new favorite thing with the no speed limit on pit road.

Cars are so slow they might not get a big draft or have enough power to pass.

I hope it's not a parade.

Back
Top Bottom