2019 Monster Energy Supercross

So much Mudd wasted without at least one pare of Mudd wrestling Monster energy cup girls

Races shouldn't be held in the rain. But fans want to watch ****shows instead of racing.

The SX tracks hold up decently under moderate rain. A1 was muddy but fine. When a downpour occurs and there is so much standing water, they need to consider postponing. The toughness of the riders is admirable, but the races are most notable for their chaos. The destruction of the equipment is not really something 3/4 of the field can withstand either.

The lime catastrophe was a major f**k-up. That Feld has stepped up to offer financial help is a good first step, but they are more than likely doing so to try head off the potential for multi-million dollar lawsuits. Misused chemicals in the "workplace" is serious business. The stupidest thing they did was send the KTM junior kids out there to pile up. Haven't heard much about them. Nobody involved intended any harm, but "the show must go on" at all costs mentality may need some reconsideration.

Last edited:
I'm watching a bit behind via DVR. Nice to see the 250 East guys for a change of pace.

I guess credit to the NBC broadcast for addressing Limegate in a brief segment, though it was pure Feld PR with no real details given on anything.

That was a fairly racey first 450 heat. The track is fast but not many passing opportunities.

Welp, I neglected to tape this, and just caught the last half of the 450 main. I set my DVR for the Tuesday replay. My boy Cooper Webb is on the gas, kicking ass and taking names. I didn't see what Tomac's night was like... perhaps a bad start in the main?

Forkner looks like the class of this 250 group by a mile. Looked like he was cruising to an easy win. Then again, Cianciarulo looked like the class of the 250 West class, and he's had untold errors and problems.

I'm about to watch the 450 Main.

I'm not particularly a Webb fan, but I'm glad he's shaken up the class, and he's going to make the favorites step up their game if they want to win a title. I knew Savagty would give up the lead eventually. Glad to see him hang in there for a good result. He's showing speed and just needs to build confidence. I'm looking forward to Osborne being back soon too.

Tomac did indeed get a terrible start. He was 16th after the first lap.

That track was good at keeping them bunched up, because it was so hard to pass. I prefer tracks with longer straights and some wider turns with different lanes, but there was some good tight racing, and very clean overall.

The top 4 in the 450 class are separated by 2 points, wow.

Gnome, sorry if I "spoiled" the 450 main for ya. My post was thoughtless.

I kinda sorta like Webb, but I don't know why, so I certainly don't think of myself as a fan of #2. But his three wins have all been very impressive wins.

Arlington TX (Dome)Tonight -
450 Standings at the gate:
#94 Roczen -.. 125 pts
#2 Webb -...…..124pts
#3 Tomac-...… 123 pts
#25 Musquin-...123 pts

Hopefully these guys can stay healthy all year for a change.

I like the look of this track somewhat better than last week's, but passing will still be difficult.

Gnome, sorry if I "spoiled" the 450 main for ya. My post was thoughtless.

Nah, as far as I'm concerned, if you're not watching live and don't want to be spoiled, stay out of the race thread.

That 2nd 450 heat was a good one.Poor ol Barcia on the receiving end of an old payback.
Cool how he just walked off the bike as it went off the course.

The second hour of these programs are always a chore to get through. Maybe a weekly Bowers vs. Barcia grudge race / takeout contest could be added along with the LCQs.

Yeah I agree, it is a long break. I am thinking Barcia will take the LCQ.

They DQed Bowers. I'm not a fan of the rough stuff, but that is not typically how such incidents are officiated.

Tomac holeshot…..color him gone.

Roczen caught him. I think he will fade though.
Tomac likes to chase .

I'm watching a few minutes behind live, but this is fantastic. I didn't think Roczen had the pace to pass Tomac.

Ralph and Ricky are so out of it sometimes. Eli goes down, the main feed even shows him standing and being passed, and it takes them about a full minute to mention it.

Incredible. Webb is the class of this field right now, what poise and patience by him.

This was a showcase race for why more racing fans should watch Supercross. Hopefully people see the highlights at least.

Cooper Webb... BAM. Six point swing. But there is a long way to go, 10 more rounds. It was a good track and it held up well. A great race. And a good example of why racing fans don't need to be "bike guys" to enjoy motorcycle racing.

i wonder if KRoc has issues with arm pump? You would think it's a real possibility with his bionic arms. Pretty amazing to me he's able to be even remotely competitive. I really didn't think he'd make it past 3 rounds last fall before another crash ended it all. I rode bikes for 30 years and feel it every day. NEVER had any crashes like these guys take. Just incredible what these guys come back from. He has nothing to be ashamed of.

i wonder if KRoc has issues with arm pump? You would think it's a real possibility with his bionic arms. Pretty amazing to me he's able to be even remotely competitive. I really didn't think he'd make it past 3 rounds last fall before another crash ended it all. I rode bikes for 30 years and feel it every day. NEVER had any crashes like these guys take. Just incredible what these guys come back from. He has nothing to be ashamed of.

Roczen did seem to be fading toward the end of races more earlier in the season. To me it looks like he's still getting stronger and building the endurance each week. He was only substantially losing time compared to one guy, Webb, who has everything clicking and is just the best rider in the field at the moment.

I'm very impressed by Roczen's steadiness this year. He's riding smart and handled that defeat well without being a baby about it. I believe him when he says he's just going to use it to be more determined.

Has anyone heard an explanation for Tomac's performance after he fell? No obvious bike problems, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. He has a rep for getting rattled, but his pace was waaayyyy off after that.

Roczen did seem to be fading toward the end of races more earlier in the season. To me it looks like he's still getting stronger and building the endurance each week. He was only substantially losing time compared to one guy, Webb, who has everything clicking and is just the best rider in the field at the moment.

I'm very impressed by Roczen's steadiness this year. He's riding smart and handled that defeat well without being a baby about it. I believe him when he says he's just going to use it to be more determined.

Has anyone heard an explanation for Tomac's performance after he fell? No obvious bike problems, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. He has a rep for getting rattled, but his pace was waaayyyy off after that.
I'm gonna guess Tomac tweaked the forks when he fell over. Or possibly had a front brake issue which caused the tip over and made him cautious the rest of the race. Will hear in next day or two.

Damn, Bowers took his sweet time with that payback on Bam Bam.

Musquin looks slow tonight for him.

To rant on something, Carmichael's commentary tonight annoyed me. Bowers takes out Barcia, Carmichael immediately says "that was payback for Las Vegas last year!" Bowers is disqualified before the LCQ.

Later, in the 250 main event, Oldenberg does just about the exact same move on Alex Martin, and Carmichael is like "welp, tough luck, but that's racing".

Ricky is not traditionally a good broadcaster, but he's growing on me a little. It isn't the trainwreck I thought it might be, and he has good insights at times. I think Dungey would have been better, if he were interested. I don't think Ricky was wrong to point out the obvious about Bowers' motivation. Ralph has a great voice and genuine excitement, but he's so unaware at times.

There as an officiating inconsistency with Feld and AMA. There is no way a factory rider gets DQed for that. If they were consistent, I wouldn't have a problem with it on an obvious takeout move.

Ricky is not traditionally a good broadcaster, but he's growing on me a little. It isn't the trainwreck I thought it might be, and he has good insights at times. I think Dungey would have been better, if he were interested. I don't think Ricky was wrong to point out the obvious about Bowers' motivation. Ralph has a great voice and genuine excitement, but he's so unaware at times.

There as an officiating inconsistency with Feld and AMA. There is no way a factory rider gets DQed for that. If they were consistent, I wouldn't have a problem with it on an obvious takeout move.

Yeah, I think the reason Bowers got DQ'd was heavily due to Carmichael's commentary immediately calling it cold revenge. It's knee-jerk reactionary, meanwhile nothing is going to happen to Oldenberg, and Carmichael said "hey, that's racing". They were the exact same moves...

Sheheen and Carmichael's broadcasting leave a lot to be desired at points. The timing on the right of the screen maybe works on a 5 to 10 second delay. They're focused in on watching someone, you hear the crowd gasp when they do when someone up front has crashed, 10 seconds later you see timing update to see that Tomac has dropped from 2nd to 7th, and I think "Tomac crashed and they completely missed it". Sure enough.

My sentiments exactly on RC. Yeah , Tomac looked like the Tomac of a few years ago ….just a lot of fade.
I think he just had a bad race and maybe didn't like the layout or rhythm of the track. That was a simple
lay down he had and then nothing. Oh well, at least he has not had a DNF. Those are really hard to overcome.

Tonite at the final gate in Detroit here are the top 5 in 450 points:
1) Webb
2) Roczen -2
3)Musquin -6
4)Tomac -16
5)Wilson -40

Last time they were in Detroit it was 2017 . The podium was :
First - Tomac
Second - Musquin
Third - Dungey

I've always been a Tomac fan but I am quietly rooting for a Roczen win.

Oh, I hadn't realized that tonight was another Triple Crown format night. I'm still not sure what I think of it, but it does provide more overall action than a heat race format in which it's basically a foregone conclusion which 7 or 8 guys in each heat are going to advance out of the 9.

Kawi needs to get Forkner on a 450. He's stinking up this class like he's Kyle Busch. :D

The downside to how deep the 450 class is suddenly is that the 250s are not. I'll take that trade-off though.

Excellent first 450 main. Impressive run through the field by Tomac. Looks like the real Eli is back. Not sure why Webb is suddenly so far off, but doesn't look like he is taking well to this layout.

Forkner vs. Cianciarulo next week might be good with a combined 250 showdown. But Forkner looks quite a bit better so far this year.

I almost feel like Tomac is lucky to have escaped with the overall win there. By the end of the night on which he struggled, Webb was right where he needed to be. Didn't have the blazing speed this week, and Baggett was all over him, but he was riding smart.

Roczen and Musquin looking a step off pace. There was something quirky about that track that led to surprises.

Kawi needs to get Forkner on a 450. He's stinking up this class like he's Kyle Busch. :D
No, I think the customary progression is... first race 250's... then achieve puberty... then race 450's..:D

Yes, it was a good recovery for Webb. The track was sorta awkward and choppy. I mean, SX tracks can never be described as flowing, but this one seemed more awkward and choppy than usual.

Ricky Carmichael said Cooper Webb should shadow Ken Roczen and cover his every move. My immediate thought was... No, Tomac is the greatest threat. After watching the full event, I feel even stronger that it will come down to a two man battle between #2 and #3 for the championship.

The downside to how deep the 450 class is suddenly is that the 250s are not. I'll take that trade-off though.
What a weekend for Forkner. He may be the next "Sliced Bread". Him an Webb should have
years of fun !
Forkner vs. Cianciarulo next week might be good with a combined 250 showdown. But Forkner looks quite a bit better so far this year.
Good point. That will be the battle to watch.

Points going into Atl.
Webb: 173 pts.
Roczen: -6
Musquin: -12
Tomac: -13

Last years Atl. podium
1- Jason Anderson
2 - Musquin
3 - Tomac

Points going into Atl.
Webb: 173 pts.
Roczen: -6
That right there illustrates the fundamental unfairness of very flat points scales that award points all the way back to the backmarkers. It's very NASCAR-esque. From the eight rounds so far, Webb has four wins and five podiums. Roczen has zero wins and five podiums... and trails by just 6 points (a points gap of 3%).

Like NASCAR's Latford points scale, the SX points scale is rigged to keep things close until the end of the season... for commercial purposes. It chaps my ass..:moon:

Tomac in a little bit of a hole. Looking forward to these finals.

But first , another edition of "Makeup to Mud" , yaaaaaay! Oh ,
this is the recorded race on the dvr, lets see, fast forward.

Back
Top Bottom