2022 Silly Season

could have fooled me the way Jr was bad mouthing him during some of the races. I thought Gragson would be looking for a ride. Kelly was probably behind it.

could have fooled me the way Jr was bad mouthing him during some of the races. I thought Gragson would be looking for a ride. Kelly was probably behind it.
JR was critical of him at times but I never got the impression that he didn't want him driving for the team. I think he knows the potential that he has.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A trashed on Fireball Brett Griffin let it slip that Ty Dillon has a Cup ride for next year, not currently a Cup team clues seem like GMS maybe and also a current driver for said team will go to RCR on an Xfinity deal.
If so, that's where Matt D fans should be pissed. How TF do you hire Dillon over Matt?

If so, that's where Matt D fans should be pissed. How TF do you hire Dillon over Matt?
One guy has been provided the opportunity to show what he can do in top level cup equipment and one hasn't. One guy threw his last team under the bus for not bring him back after they told him a year in advance he wouldn't be coming back......

One guy has been provided the opportunity to show what he can do in top level cup equipment and one hasn't. One guy threw his last team under the bus for not bring him back after they told him a year in advance he wouldn't be coming back......

one guy has grandpa pulling the strings

one guy has grandpa pulling the strings
Apparently pop pop doesn't pull too many strings because he couldn't get him in any better equipment in cup than Germain racing and he's really bad at pulling strings seeing he isn't even in a full time cup ride this year.

Is it so hard to admit that someone looked at both drivers and decided that Ty was their better option? That is if this rumor is true

Agreed, but Dillon got to drive the 54 Xfinity car. You know, the one with like 27 wins this season (sarcasm)? And he amazingly crapped the bed in it.

Agreed, but Dillon got to drive the 54 Xfinity car. You know, the one with like 27 wins this season (sarcasm)? And he amazingly crapped the bed in it.
I agree that was very disappointing to say the least. The only thing I can say about that is JGR seems to be an organization that you have to be part of some group or club in order to be successful (probably not the best use of words). I remember that Elliott Sadler made comments along those lines about his time there in the xfintiy series. Let's not forget that Joey couldn't see to find success there and is now a cup champion.

I agree that was very disappointing to say the least. The only thing I can say about that is JGR seems to be an organization that you have to be part of some group or club in order to be successful (probably not the best use of words). I remember that Elliott Sadler made comments along those lines about his time there in the xfintiy series. Let's not forget that Joey couldn't see to find success there and is now a cup champion.
Apples and oranges, but yeah. I do think JGR plays favorites big time.

Is it so hard to admit that someone looked at both drivers and decided that Ty was their better option? That is if this rumor is true

If we are talking ability, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to admit. If we are talking some sort of business deal, then NOTHING surprises me.

If we are talking ability, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to admit. If we are talking some sort of business deal, then NOTHING surprises me.
That's the problem in this age of motorsport. It is not a meritocracy, but a business.

Based on percieved ability or stats? Let's face it given 2 years in Penske equipment Matt hasn't performed. Ty has never had top level equipment in the cup series.

dbe6f5c73ec968b2240e60f71850aa7f.jpg
8aa939c62b8043e9f7aeb4cb7f684776.jpg

Last edited:
Based on percieved ability or stats? Let's face it given 2 years in Penske equipment Matt hasn't performed. Ty has never had to level equipment in the cup series.

dbe6f5c73ec968b2240e60f71850aa7f.jpg
8aa939c62b8043e9f7aeb4cb7f684776.jpg

You guys have to just stop with the notion that the 21 car is somehow equivalent to the 2, 22 and 12. It's not even CLOSE. ONE win is basically the ONLY thing that separates Ryan Blaney's tenure in that car and Matt's. If Ty is so damn, good, why did he never get the same opportunity at RCR that his brother got, a ride HE likely would never have if he wasn't family? I would say that Germain giving Ty a job was just the price of getting an RCR alliance, or he might not have ever even set foot in a Cup car.

So, you’re saying that a driver could be bad at one top team…..but….good at another top team… so Matt who’s only had one top ride could do great in another top ride. Or does the logic not apply to him?

So, you’re saying that a driver could be bad at one top team…..but….good at another top team… so Matt who’s only had one top ride could do great in another top ride. Or does the logic not apply to him?
On the flip side why not go with a guy that hasn't had a 2 year chance in top level equipment? Also I think Matt hurt his own stock with his "poor me" videos. Dude they told you a year ago you would be gone. If he would have thanked everyone at Penske for their time and effort I think owners would be more receptive.

They continue to race and win in the Pinty's series. Ranger won the last one in a Rick Ware Dodge..yikes!
Would be hilarious if RWR got a manufactuer deal in Xfinity and Cup here in the US.

Depends on if they don't squander the chance away, in all seriousness.

Back
Top Bottom