'21 Generation 7 Car news

Harvick said that the average fan doesn't know who Dale Earnhardt is, they weren't born yet.. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that statement.
I believe he was referring to the Dr, that the new fans dont know. I certainly wouldn't have known who Dr. Raddin was until ive read his name on here multiple times.

I believe he was referring to the Dr, that the new fans dont know. I certainly wouldn't have known who Dr. Raddin was until ive read his name on here multiple times.
Yep, that’s exactly what Harvick said. That there are a lot of people involved in the safety of the cars who don’t know who Dr. Raddin is in the context of investigating Dale’s wreck, and don’t know much about the details of Dale’s wreck at all.

Everyone knows who Dale Earnhardt is lmao

he said "most of the people who races in this "deal" now doesn't know who Dr Raddin is and don't know much about Dale Earnhardt's wreck."

The part that confuses me is who is driving in Nascar today wearing Hans devices and racing with safer barriers, must have their heads stuck in the sand to not know who Dale Earnhardt is or was, so a reference to the doctor who examined him as being one of the docs involved assessing the dummy damage, a person doesn't need to know who the name of the doctor is to know that the panel isn't comprised of dummies.

not know who Dale Earnhardt is or was
Not a single person said that lol. At no point did Harvick or anyone say that people don’t know who Dale was. They don’t know who the doctor is and how he contributed to the crash’s investigation.

Not sure why you’re so hung up on a statement by Kevin that wasn’t even made.

Not a single person said that lol. At no point did Harvick or anyone say that people don’t know who Dale was. They don’t know who the doctor is and how he contributed to the crash’s investigation.

Not sure why you’re so hung up on a statement by Kevin that wasn’t even made.
I guess it is time for you to find the clip..ya see that in paraphrases? That means that is what was said.

Having worked on the (almost) current cars, I thought the build quality and fit and finish was incredible, and the cars I worked on still had a lot more hand made parts on them and a lot less CNC made parts. Granted, it was all made out of ferrous steel so it wasn't as "pretty" as an Indy car or sports car, but the workmanship was unassailable.

Constant improvement. Isn’t that a big part of what auto racing is about?

No credible observer has disparaged the build quality of the current cars.
Part of my joy of this sport is to get a close look at these things when I have had the opportunity. I don't know **** about what I am looking at, but I do know that the product is amazing. Absolutely amazing. If you gave me the opportunity to hang with a driver for a day or hang in the shop to watch, I'd pick the later hands down. Absolutely awesome.

I figured that would be misunderstood. He was the one saying Harvick said...he always seems to be in the middle of every argument here. He loves it. You'd think the heart episode would have changed his attitude. But nope. And I don't mean this as an attack. Just stating facts as I see them.
free rent in your head. Don't you have a storage building to go work on?

I'm assuming any repairs or upgrades (safety) to chassis must be done by the manufacturer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I figured that would be misunderstood. He was the one saying Harvick said...he always seems to be in the middle of every argument here. He loves it. You'd think the heart episode would have changed his attitude. But nope. And I don't mean this as an attack. Just stating facts as I see them.
What does that have to do with a post by someone else that doesn't mention Harvick, the #4, SHR, Ford, KDB, Papa Joe, Pop-Pop Childress, or pushrods? :blink:

SOI didn't comment on the subject until you brought him up. Technically, he hasn't commented on Formerjackman's post yet, so he's not arguing on that subject at all.

SOME people are going out of the way to make too much of the new car. For all intents and purposes, it's a IMSA GT3 car modified to work well on ovals too. It's a new ballgame for NASCAR, but nobody reivented the wheel here. I just hate to see the current car disparaged. Yes, some of the basic concepts date back to the early 60's, but they have been continuously honed to the point of being darn near rocket science. I hope people don't lose sight of that. Is it time for a change, in some ways yes, but that doesn't mean there is anything WRONG with the cars we have now.

SOME people are going out of the way to make too much of the new car. For all intents and purposes, it's a IMSA GT3 car modified to work well on ovals too. It's a new ballgame for NASCAR, but nobody reivented the wheel here. I just hate to see the current car disparaged. Yes, some of the basic concepts date back to the early 60's, but they have been continuously honed to the point of being darn near rocket science. I hope people don't lose sight of that. Is it time for a change, in some ways yes, but that doesn't mean there is anything WRONG with the cars we have now.
besides being non-symmetrical, aero dependant , and they have bodies as sturdy as tin foil, nothing wrong here.

Yes, some of the basic concepts date back to the early 60's
You don't think that makes it harder to attract new manufacturers, or for existing ones to connect to consumers, or to find engineering talent that doesn't have to be trained completely from scratch?

besides being non-symmetrical, aero dependant , and they have bodies as sturdy as tin foil, nothing wrong here.
Thats all sheet metal, and there is nobody to blame but NASCAR for letting the non-symetrical part of it happen. I am concentrating my comments on everything under the skin. I have a couple of thoughts about that too. One, there is NOTHING that kept NASCAR from putting the new body old the chassis 5-10 years ago, they chose NOT to do so. Secondly, there is no guarantee, despite all the hype that the new body or the car itself will solve ANY of the aero issues. I pray that it does, but you don't know until you actually race 40 of them at a time.

You don't think that makes it harder to attract new manufacturers, or for existing ones to connect to consumers, or to find engineering talent that doesn't have to be trained completely from scratch?
I'm not suggesting that the current car is as relevant to the world as the new one, just that the current car is not inferior. The current car is every bit as sophisticated technologically as the new car, just with different parts. In fact, I would suggest that by design, the new car will turn the engineers into tweakers instead of innovators. I forget the name of the gentleman, but one of Penske's looong time Indycar engineers retired a while back and said he just didn't enjoy it anymore because you couldn't actually BUILD anything or design anything on the car. He was reduced to nothing more than searching for the optimum setup for the parts he was given.

Thats all sheet metal, and there is nobody to blame but NASCAR for letting the non-symetrical part of it happen. I am concentrating my comments on everything under the skin. I have a couple of thoughts about that too. One, there is NOTHING that kept NASCAR from putting the new body old the chassis 5-10 years ago, they chose NOT to do so. Secondly, there is no guarantee, despite all the hype that the new body or the car itself will solve ANY of the aero issues. I pray that it does, but you don't know until you actually race 40 of them at a time.
what's next crawfish, truck arms from the 60's, minuscule sized brakes, a solid rear end? Let's face it, the car is an antique, the next gen moves up to today's world and brings a backwoods series into one of the most advanced on the planet.

Secondly, there is no guarantee, despite all the hype that the new body or the car itself will solve ANY of the aero issues.
It will end up just like the Gen 4, COT, and Gen 6.

Symmetrical to start, then skewed and twisted up before it’s sunsetting phase.

The first year of the Next Gen will be as true to form as possible. After several years worth of engineers having their hands on it, it will just be a bastardized version of itself that NASCAR will say “needs fixed” after ~5 seasons.

Do IMSA GT3 cars use a common chassis?

I'm not suggesting that the current car is as relevant to the world as the new one, just that the current car is not inferior. The current car is every bit as sophisticated technologically as the new car, just with different parts. In fact, I would suggest that by design, the new car will turn the engineers into tweakers instead of innovators. I forget the name of the gentleman, but one of Penske's looong time Indycar engineers retired a while back and said he just didn't enjoy it anymore because you couldn't actually BUILD anything or design anything on the car. He was reduced to nothing more than searching for the optimum setup for the parts he was given.
I agree here. There is something really cool about taking old school thinking, and applying modern engineering thought to take it beyond what it was ever intended. The search for relevancy is silly. These are race cars, and the only carry over I need is the symbol on the grill whether that is an actual emblem or a sticker. The spirit is still there IMO.

The only thing carrying over are the push rods

Back
Top Bottom