As of Nov17 Patrick meets with CGR

I was just reading an article on top 20 Nascar earners.
#20 is Brad at a paltry 12 million What a loser. :D
#15 is fast talking Jeff Burton at 45 million
How about Carl, Kasey,Biffle with only 50 million.
At $60 million is Matt and R.Petty.
Oh ya, that poor loser that should never have gotten a ride
and is famous only for being the only women to win a pole at Daytona.
That dumb broad is also worth $60 million.:pbjtime:

I was just reading an article on top 20 Nascar earners.
#20 is Brad at a paltry 12 million What a loser. :D
#15 is fast talking Jeff Burton at 45 million
How about Carl, Kasey,Biffle with only 50 million.
At $60 million is Matt and R.Petty.
Oh ya, that poor loser that should never have gotten a ride
and is famous only for being the only women to win a pole at Daytona.
That dumb broad is also worth $60 million.:pbjtime:
And your favorite driver of all time, Jeff Gordon, comes in 2nd at a paltry $150 to $200 million.

And your favorite driver of all time, Jeff Gordon, comes in 2nd at a paltry $150 to $200 million.
What a loser he is, some bearded hillbilly topped him with 300 million and never won a cup championship.
It really shows that winning a race/championship isn't the goal of all drivers.

Well let’s be clear. This is talking about net worth, which has something to do with earnings but more to do with total business enterprise. Is there a good reference for where the info came from? I tried twice looking for the source but got tired of navigating the clickbait websites.

How does high net worth equate to “winning a race/championship isn’t the goal of all drivers”? You seem to imply that of Jr., which I believe is absurd. Given the right combination of car, team and circumstances he could have won a title. Being wealthy didn’t make him “lazy”.

Now, I have no doubt that these drivers are in it for the money, as they should be.

Danica has parlayed her racing and endorsements into a brand. If she is worth $60M, bravo.

I am HIGHLY dubious of every one of those net worth lists I have seen. Far too many variables in contracts that the public would never be privy to. Remember that if a driver earns 100,000,000.00 in purse money, after the team and Uncle Sam and the agents and managers get their cuts, that number is but a fraction of that. Some drivers, like the Earnhardt's and Gordon really cleaned up on merchandising and on commercials and print ads, but that was not the case with most, and most of that money has dried up now anyway. I'm sure Jimmie Johnson is still making a nice salary, but how much money is he actually earning from other race related revenue streams? If Danica is really worth 60 million in hard assets, then she has done pretty well for herself. Remember, that other than her time with Go-Daddy, she had a revolving door of sponsors. I can't believe she ever really made all THAT much driving Indycars, and that would mean that the bulk of that money came from her few years in Cup, and anything she made on the outside. Not saying it isn't true, but I would have to see some proof. As I said, there's a HUGE difference between making 60 million, and HAVING 60 million.

Chip Ganassi had spoken personally with Patrick shortly after her announcement but said a deal would have to make commercial sense for his team.

IndyCar teams Penske and Andretti ruled out running extra cars for Patrick at the Indy 500 not long after she confirmed her retirement.

Schmidt Peterson Motorsports also said it was unlikely – although its program to run Tristan Gommendy fell through late last year.

It is understood that leading NASCAR Cup teams have ruled out Patrick, leaving her with limited options for Daytona.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...ytona-indy-rides-would-take-less-time-993481/

this line gives me hope

Patrick said the double "is coming a lot slower than I would like it to," but vowed that it will happen

Has this been posted yet?

Chip Ganassi Racing will not provide ride for Danica Patrick in Daytona 500 or Indy 500

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nica-patrick-daytona-500-indy-500/1027097001/

"Danica Patrick's hopes of ending her racing career by running in both the Feb. 18 Daytona 500 and the May 27 Indianapolis 500, the "Danica Double," took a major blow Thursday when the president of Chip Ganassi Racing said Patrick would not be driving in either race for CGR."

I kind of think this deal is dead, certainly for Daytona, and probably Indy too. If she was SERIOUS about doing this, the minute she knew she wouldn't be back at SHR, she should have just ponied up the money and got the rides bought. If she found a sponsor later, she could have just reimbursed himself. Money talks and BS walks.

This is why you do not start announcing plans before they materialize. I think she is overrating herself and will not sign to a team that she is actually qualified to race for.

I pretty much agree with that. I NEVER like to talk about things before they happen. I think the only NASCAR rides she could get, especially this late in the game are rides she's not going to want. I also think that the past may be working against her in Indycar. Regardless of what people say publicly, I don't think a lot of people are real excited about the prospect of Danica being back. Just my opinion, but I've heard a few rumblings to that effect.

It's a great way to keep your name in the headlines. Didn't make any sense to start with. If you can't keep a sponsor in the first place, somehow a golden goose is going to materialize with a decent ride for the Daytona 500?

I always liked Danica for being feisty as well as doing what needed to be done to promote herself. At this point however, I am really questioning her character. Not really sure she is the role model I would want to put up on a pedestal for my young daughter to follow. Yes, I realize what I am saying about professional athletes being role models for young kids...but for some that may be all they have to look up to.

"Patrick told CNBC that leaving NASCAR in the rearview mirror will allow her more time to devote to those projects. She expressed interest in more writing and even teased a cooking show. While she seemed ecstatic about her last major races in 2018, she is also looking forward to a new page as an entrepreneur."

This article was published today, but reads as if it were published a couple months ago! o_O

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/nas...ck-looks-forward-to-life-after-the-track.html

"Patrick told CNBC that leaving NASCAR in the rearview mirror will allow her more time to devote to those projects. She expressed interest in more writing and even teased a cooking show. While she seemed ecstatic about her last major races in 2018, she is also looking forward to a new page as an entrepreneur."

This article was published today, but reads as if it were published a couple months ago! o_O

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/nas...ck-looks-forward-to-life-after-the-track.html
Hard to call yourself an entrepreneur after you’ve made multiple millions working part time.

But whatever makes her happy.

Cars on track in 27 days...not looking good on the Daytona front. There weren't really many good options there to begin with, and a program that comes together this late in the game isn't going to be very good either. I still think she gets an Indy ride, but I hope she's not being particularly picky about getting paid or ride quality. If she really wants a seat in either race at this point she's going to have to put up at least some sum of money.

Cars on track in 27 days...not looking good on the Daytona front. There weren't really many good options there to begin with, and a program that comes together this late in the game isn't going to be very good either. I still think she gets an Indy ride, but I hope she's not being particularly picky about getting paid or ride quality. If she really wants a seat in either race at this point she's going to have to put up at least some sum of money.
I'll be surprised if she runs either race. She done. Moved on. She is no more. Has ceased to be.

That's good lube. I use it. In my truck. Actually just the regular Mobil ,1 not the one year stuff. I completely disagree with these extended oil change intervals. For 95% of customers 5000 miles is fine. Alot of the engines built now have variable cam timing (VVT) which is very sensitive to oil quality & quantity. Timing belts are going away. Timing chains are back. Need good oil to keep everything lubed.

That's good lube. I use it. In my truck. Actually just the regular Mobil ,1 not the one year stuff. I completely disagree with these extended oil change intervals. For 95% of customers 5000 miles is fine. Alot of the engines built now have variable cam timing (VVT) which is very sensitive to oil quality & quantity. Timing belts are going away. Timing chains are back. Need good oil to keep everything lubed.

Direct injected engines seem to be very hard on oil too, that, coupled with VVT makes me not a fan of extended drain intervals. No matter how good the oil is, it's always better to get the crud OUT of the engine instead of holding it in suspension in the oil.

Oh...

Moving on. I apologize for my immature mind.

From yesterday..... So this is to happen today. Possibly announcing plans with GoDaddy? Who knows but that would be neat to see them hook up again for this sendoff.

Yep!

GoDaddy to sponsor Patrick in 'Danica Double'

Danica Patrick is going back to green.

GoDaddy Green, to be exact -- a fitting color for her farewell tour.

The company will sponsor Patrick in the upcoming "Danica Double" that will close out her racing career, The Associated Press has learned. Patrick has no ride yet for next month's Daytona 500 or the Indianapolis 500 in May, but she now has the financial backing to pull it off.

This time around, the original GoDaddy Girl will symbolize the new core mission of the company that helped make her one of the world's most recognizable athletes.

"There's this great story: I left IndyCar with GoDaddy on my car, I started NASCAR with GoDaddy on my car, I'm most recognized as the GoDaddy green car and driver, and so to finish up my career that way feels appropriate," Patrick told the AP from Scottsdale, Arizona.

Her final race will be the Indy 500, an appropriate choice because it was "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" that rocketed Patrick and GoDaddy into pop culture notoriety.

http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/22140845

Yep!

GoDaddy to sponsor Patrick in 'Danica Double'

Danica Patrick is going back to green.

GoDaddy Green, to be exact -- a fitting color for her farewell tour.

The company will sponsor Patrick in the upcoming "Danica Double" that will close out her racing career, The Associated Press has learned. Patrick has no ride yet for next month's Daytona 500 or the Indianapolis 500 in May, but she now has the financial backing to pull it off.

This time around, the original GoDaddy Girl will symbolize the new core mission of the company that helped make her one of the world's most recognizable athletes.

"There's this great story: I left IndyCar with GoDaddy on my car, I started NASCAR with GoDaddy on my car, I'm most recognized as the GoDaddy green car and driver, and so to finish up my career that way feels appropriate," Patrick told the AP from Scottsdale, Arizona.

Her final race will be the Indy 500, an appropriate choice because it was "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" that rocketed Patrick and GoDaddy into pop culture notoriety.

http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/22140845
Worth the wait to get it right. Wow, that’s really cool. Safe to say she’ll have a lot more doors opening up now.

GODADDY & DANICA REUNITE

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Jan. 18, 2018) – GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures, is back to power Danica Patrick’s historic racing finale with primary sponsorships in both the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500. The two marquee auto races, being dubbed the “Danica Double,” mark an end to what is considered the most successful career of any woman in racing history – and the beginning of Danica’s next chapter as an entrepreneur and business owner.

In addition to the high-profile race sponsorships, GoDaddy is supporting Danica’s life-after-racing by powering the online presence for her business endeavors related to health, apparel and wine – all of which are enriched with her brand and GoDaddy’s savvy in helping people turn their business dreams into reality.

“This is definitely the way I want to finish my racing career – at these two iconic races, backed by my iconic, long-time sponsor,” said Patrick. “GoDaddy was there for me when my career was just really starting so it’s exciting to be getting back in the GoDaddy ‘green’ for my final two races. Our brands have always been powerful together, and I think it’s awesome to have them at my side when I go ‘all in’ with my businesses after racing.”

GODADDY & DANICA REUNITE

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Jan. 18, 2018) – GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures, is back to power Danica Patrick’s historic racing finale with primary sponsorships in both the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500. The two marquee auto races, being dubbed the “Danica Double,” mark an end to what is considered the most successful career of any woman in racing history – and the beginning of Danica’s next chapter as an entrepreneur and business owner.

In addition to the high-profile race sponsorships, GoDaddy is supporting Danica’s life-after-racing by powering the online presence for her business endeavors related to health, apparel and wine – all of which are enriched with her brand and GoDaddy’s savvy in helping people turn their business dreams into reality.

“This is definitely the way I want to finish my racing career – at these two iconic races, backed by my iconic, long-time sponsor,” said Patrick. “GoDaddy was there for me when my career was just really starting so it’s exciting to be getting back in the GoDaddy ‘green’ for my final two races. Our brands have always been powerful together, and I think it’s awesome to have them at my side when I go ‘all in’ with my businesses after racing.”

AWSOME!!!!!

I know it says she has the financial backing to make it happen.....just a matter what amount of money we're talking about here (or if GoDaddy has a wide-open checkbook) and if it's enough to justify for a team to supply the cars, and crew, and whatever else it takes to put the cars on the track. I'm sure a team will step up from each genre, just a matter of who it'll be. My guess is the Daytona 500 announcement will come during the media tours.

Back
Top Bottom