As of Nov17 Patrick meets with CGR

FLF...that that indycar a good team? they dont run all of the races...
They're not bad, they usually perform pretty well at IMS. The last two years Sage wrecked and had a battery die so I wouldn't put much stock into those results.

ECR would probably be the best-case scenario but DRR or Harding wouldn't be bad rides.

B-h0eI_CEAAHWQk.jpeg

Yeah wasn't it William Byron?

HMS did the five race rookie deal for Chase Elliott. HMS also did one race for Jeff Gordon, 5 for Jimmie Johnson, something like 6 for Kyle Busch, and a mixed bag for Brad Keselowski, but those didn't fall under the limited fifth car rookie rule.

HMS did the five race rookie deal for Chase Elliott. HMS also did one race for Jeff Gordon, 5 for Jimmie Johnson, something like 6 for Kyle Busch, and a mixed bag for Brad Keselowski, but those didn't fall under the limited fifth car rookie rule.
Gordo and JJ were rookies before the 4-car limit was imposed.

Good for her! But still seems odd no teams have been announced yet, esp. for Daytona?! :eek:

Said it should be announced sometime next week is what I heard. Anyone who thinks she's gonna hop in a car that's not competitive has obviously not been listening or reading.

Said it should be announced sometime next week is what I heard. Anyone who thinks she's gonna hop in a car that's not competitive has obviously not been listening.
Anybody who thinks there's a competitive ride available hasn't been listening either. To mangle a metaphor, those filled seats speak louder than she does.

It's easier for bottom-tier teams to field semi-competitive cars for plate races, but don't expect her to be with a team that had a car in the top 20 at the end of last year.

Anybody who thinks there's a competitive ride available hasn't been listening either. To mangle a metaphor, those filled seats speak louder than she does.

It's easier for bottom-tier teams to field semi-competitive cars for plate races, but don't expect her to be with a team that had a car in the top 20 at the end of last year.

She'll get a top ride. The deal was announced yesterday which means they have been putting this together for several months.

Sounds just like the people giving her **** for not having a sponsor for these two races, and they were wrong, BIGLY.The wheels have been spinning far longer than you or I know.As she's said many times she won't get in a car that's not competitive, and I choose to believe her over some keyboard pounders on a racing forum.

Sound just like the same people giving her sh!t for not having a sponsor for these two races.The wheels have been spinning far longer than you or I know.As she's said many times she won't get in a car that's not competitive, and I choose to believe her over some keyboard pounders on a racing forum.
Hey, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with her. She's accomplished the hard part - she's landed someone to pay the bills. If she can get into even a mid-tier Cup ride, more power to her.

But when the wheels turn that long, it's because they're not getting any traction; see NASCAR's search for a Cup sponsor. Tell me a competitive ride that's out there. Hendrick and SHR have four cars already. Penske and Ganassi, her best hopes for running both races with a single team, have declared their lack of interest. Who knows, maybe having a sponsor will change that. Roush and Childress are mid-pack teams; are either one up to fielding a one-shot competitive team (assuming they're interested)?

Who's left? Do you really think she'll turn down a non-competitive car if that's her only option, now that she has GoDaddy on the hook? If she does, I would expect GoDaddy to walk away before Indy.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with her. She's accomplished the hard part - she's landed someone to pay the bills. If she can get into even a mid-tier Cup ride, more power to her.

But tell me a competitive ride that's out there. Hendrick and SHR have four cars already. Penske and Ganassi, her best hopes for running both races with a single team, have declared their lack of interest. Who knows, maybe having a sponsor will change that. Roush and Childress are mid-pack teams; are either one up to fielding a one-shot competitive team (assuming they're interested)?

Who's left?

Who knows. I'm no expert on all of this, and I'm not a fan of speculating. All I know is I'll take her word for it.I will say this is Daytona where if you have a competitive car you can run up front and win unlike a place like Charlotte.

Last edited:

But when the wheels turn that long, it's because they're not getting any traction; see NASCAR's search for a Cup sponsor. Tell me a competitive ride that's out there. Hendrick and SHR have four cars already. Penske and Ganassi, her best hopes for running both races with a single team, have declared their lack of interest. Who knows, maybe having a sponsor will change that. Roush and Childress are mid-pack teams; are either one up to fielding a one-shot competitive team (assuming they're interested)?

Who's left? Do you really think she'll turn down a non-competitive car if that's her only option, now that she has GoDaddy on the hook? If she does, I would expect GoDaddy to walk away before Indy.

Or because multi-million dollar deals take a long time to put together and are far more complicated than any of us can conceive.

They're all competitive at Daytona

HMS builds back up cars for the backups. And they are pretty damn equal. I'm sure one can be had turn-key for $3-400k plus engine lease. Who knows, if she finishes top five GoDaddy might decide to stick around.
Plus the fact it doesn't take talent to drive a restrictor plate track.
Nobody will be buying cars. If she finds something, it'll be a 1 race lease with an existing team plus transport, crew, engine expense, tires and a damage clause. I wonder if Jr. Motorsports is looking at this?

No comment on your sarcastic remark.

Nobody will be buying cars. If she finds something, it'll be a 1 race lease with an existing team plus transport, crew, engine expense, tires and a damage clause. I wonder if Jr. Motorsports is looking at this?

No comment on your sarcastic remark.
I would think my numbers are realistic however it's framed? GoDaddy ponied up for $500.000.00 to cover both races? Maybe I'm way low. Just tossing out my opinion.
My sarcasm was for those here that keep saying that. Seen it so many times.

Hence no comment.

I have no idea how much a 1 race lease deal would cost in either series. Where did the 500K figure come from?

Hence no comment.

I have no idea how much a 1 race lease deal would cost in either series. Where did the 500K figure come from?
Absolutely a SWAG. I would think you could purchase either car for $250k? As you suggested, they aren't planning to buy, just lease. Maybe it'll be closer to a million? No idea. Just tossing it out there. The plate cars have to be figured into the budget as a loss. The odds are against you bring home an undamaged car. I doubt there are more than ten cars that finish plate race without needing suspension repair so they can be loaded in hauler.

Any top team can provide her with a car and she can drive it under another team. I know of no rule that says she can't enter her own car. All she needs is a one race team and that could be provided by any Xfinity team.
I don't understand why some people think she has to get a ride with a S&P team.
She has the money and a sponsor. She has the ability at Daytona to win just like everyone else.

I would think my numbers are realistic however it's framed? GoDaddy ponied up for $500.000.00 to cover both races? Maybe I'm way low. Just tossing out my opinion.
My sarcasm was for those here that keep saying that. Seen it so many times.
Indy 500 program runs anywhere in the $600K-$1.5M range.

Any top team can provide her with a car and she can drive it under another team. I know of no rule that says she can't enter her own car. All she needs is a one race team and that could be provided by any Xfinity team.
I don't understand why some people think she has to get a ride with a S&P team.
She has the money and a sponsor. She has the ability at Daytona to win just like everyone else.
But....... she still has to qualify to make the field without a charter........

A race? No way. Edit: I suppose for Indy it would be higher due to multiple days at track. Wonder how many days she'll get at Daytona?
Same as every other Cup driver.

A race? No way. Edit: I suppose for Indy it would be higher due to multiple days at track. Wonder how many days she'll get at Daytona?
Yeah, just the 500. Heard it from a driver on a podcast last month; full season starts around $2.5M so May is a huge part of the budget. You’re on track for 8 or 9 days before you even get to the race. I think they cut some time from Daytona this year but that’s still 5 days on track before the race and who knows if she’s doing the Clash.

But....... she still has to qualify to make the field without a charter........
Let's just hope she makes the field. Then there will be no need to get out the rubber rule book and make a new edict. Past pole winner provisional. Not to be confused with the Danica and Jr make the all star race no matter what page.

Yeah, just the 500. Heard it from a driver on a podcast last month; full season starts around $2.5M so May is a huge part of the budget. You’re on track for 8 or 9 days before you even get to the race. I think they cut some time from Daytona this year but that’s still 5 days on track before the race and who knows if she’s doing the Clash.
Thanks for the calm response. I can come across harsh. Don't mean it to be that way though.

Back
Top Bottom