As of Nov17 Patrick meets with CGR

“Her 720,000+ followers on Twitter do not mind the attention Danica is demanding. Neither does NASCAR.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darren...to-interest-in-nascar-narrative/#26da80542e57

720,000 in 2013. This morning, 5 years later, she has 1,800,000 followers. I wonder if any of those people became fans of the sport because of their interest in Patrick?
I would imagine quite a few did, it's a no brainer she was good for Nascar, just wish she had won a few races.

Plus the fact it doesn't take talent to drive a restrictor plate track.
right...
daytona-coke-zero-400-wreck-20160702-snap.jpg

A few pics? You have factual evidence? Sell out crowds? Increased TV ratings? They're not there. I don't have personal animus towards her, I just don't care for false narratives.
I don't have figures, but I can tell you when I was at the Daytona 500, the cheers for Danica were as loud as for Dale Jr. I was a little surprised since most of the internet was dissing her.

I don't have figures, but I can tell you when I was at the Daytona 500, the cheers for Danica were as loud as for Dale Jr. I was a little surprised since most of the internet was dissing her.
Wasn't she right behind JR for the most popular driver for a few years? There is definitely no doubt in my mind that she has had a very strong fan base through out her racing career.

In the 5 years DP has been in Cup she hasn't brought in new fans? Gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in this forum for a long time. I personally know two new young fans and some adults as well because of DP.For me, I lost complete interest in the sport for a couple of years after my favorite driver retired.When DP made the move to NASCAR I was back on board big time and haven't missed a race since.

She never put herself in good enough position to make her own luck.
Sure she has but she usually gets hooked in the left rear before she can complete the race. The 500 I think her first year when she was running upfront and her spotter let the pack drag back on her and then left her for a sitting duck was a crime.

Having Danica Patrick race in 2 big events could draw some extra eyeballs and having GoDaddy back could entice them to get involved in the sport again given the lower costs involved these days. Any bit of publicity is good but I never meant that Danica Patrick was going to take Nascar or open wheel to a new level.
Of course she is going to attract more attention , that is a given, the question is, will those eyeballs stay and be there come Atlanta.....

In the 5 years DP has been in Cup she hasn't brought in new fans? Gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in this forum for a long time. I personally know two new young fans and some adults as well because of DP.For me, I lost complete interest in the sport for a couple of years after my favorite driver retired.When DP made the move to NASCAR I was back on board big time and haven't missed a race since.
Whom ever said that is pretty darn ignorant , just saying.

Whom ever said that is pretty darn ignorant , just saying.

That's my position. So, where are all these new fans? Based on the TV ratings, the numbers have been steadily decreasing, not increasing. So, I guess if it wasn't for all the new fans she brought, there would be none left at all. It's ignorant to repeat a false narrative as fact when it can't be proven.

That's my position. So, where are all these new fans? Based on the TV ratings, the numbers have been steadily decreasing, not increasing. So, I guess if it wasn't for all the new fans she brought, there would be none left at all. It's ignorant to repeat a false narrative as fact when it can't be proven.
To make sure that I understand you correctly , you are proclaiming for a fact that in the 7 years that Danica has been in NASCAR, she has not brought in one single new fan to NASCAR?

To make sure that I understand you correctly , you are proclaiming for a fact that in the 7 years that Danica has been in NASCAR, she has not brought in one single new fan to NASCAR?

No. I'm not saying or never said she hasn't brought any fans. My contention is she hasn't brought nowhere near what has been claimed. I have heard it said repeatedly she has brought "millions" of new fans to the sport. I'm simply asking how does that balance out with the ratings that are continually going south? And going south in a major way. It has never added up. Facts are pesky things. There is no fact to support she's changed the viewing audience numbers. She has brought people that follow her, not racing. They'll exit when she does.

Apparently the media wasn’t interested in her either. And make up your mind, Mack.[/QUOTE

Still zero evidence that she's brought new fans to NASCAR, she had a fan base when she showed up. You don't know and can't prove she's created "new" NASCAR fans. The numbers don't prove it.

Tony Stewart gone,Jeff Gordon, gone. NASCAR rules turned some off can explain the decreases but that doesnt prove Danica didnt bring in fans. She most certainly did.

lol. Its a plate race, you have no throttle response. Its lines and moving then hoping you are in the right line and dont get turned by someone who makes a mistake.
My first statement was in reference to her entire NASCAR career, not just lottery races.

Consider this: 500,000 regular fans stop buying tickets to any race and 400,000 of those same fans quit watching on TV. BUT 100,000 start watching on TV and 75,000 of those same people buy a race ticket. How does that show she never brought people into Nascar???
The headlines read 425,000 less people bought race tickets.
I knew that new math they have been teaching the last 20 years was going to really mess up logic.:sarcasm:

@DanicaFreak

Danica Patrick is teaming with Premium Motorsports for next month's Daytona 500, the final race of her NASCAR career.

The one-race deal will put Patrick in the seat of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet, the same number she drove when she entered stock-car racing in 2010.

@DanicaFreak

Danica Patrick is teaming with Premium Motorsports for next month's Daytona 500, the final race of her NASCAR career.

The one-race deal will put Patrick in the seat of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet, the same number she drove when she entered stock-car racing in 2010.
Yayyyyyyy

Predicted then no7....Tony eurey jr CC...this will be fun

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Cool stuff.Can't wait.:D

GODADDY & DANICA ANNOUNCE DAYTONA 500 RACE TEAM

GODADDY & DANICA ANNOUNCE DAYTONA 500 RACE TEAM

Premium Motorsports Ready to Roar for Danica Patrick’s Final NASCAR Race

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Jan. 22, 2018) – GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures, and Danica Patrick are teaming with Premium Motorsports for next month’s Daytona 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race. The one-race deal will put Danica in the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet Camaro, the same car number she competed with in her first foray into stock car racing at Daytona in 2010.

When Danica gets to Daytona, not only will she have a familiar car number, but she’ll also have a familiar face atop the pit box as crew chief Tony Eury Jr. will return to the NASCAR Cup Series garage to take the helm of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet team. Eury Jr. previously served as her crew chief when she raced in the NASCAR Xfinity Series from 2010 to 2012.

Continued-------------> http://danicapatrick.com/news#godaddy-danica-announce-daytona-500-race-team

Back
Top Bottom