Cole Pearn stepping away from NASCAR

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

He's gonna go hang out with Carl Edwards in that black void he fell into.

StandOnIt likes this.
  2. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Or we will find out if he can get another great CC. Truex did all the driving
    so we know he can get the job done IF he gets a smart enough CC.

Blaze likes this.
  3. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Gordon was still a contender, and Johnson was on his decline in an organization that isn't the super power it was 3 years prior to then.

Those two were much better drivers. Truex having a drop in his performance is pretty expected and certainly isn't shocking.

As far the news..well, no comment, other than let's see what Truex can do in elite equipment with a good CC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

WOW.

I gotta wonder if the 2021 package has something to do with it..

LouieLouie likes this.
  5. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Gordon won back to back races right off the bat with Brian Whitesell in 99'. Won a championship with Robbie Loomis. Almost won a championship with Steve Letarte. Almost won another championship with Alan Gustafson.

Way different then the fall off with Knaus. The 48 stayed together way too long imo

6. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

7. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

What was the contract length that Cole and Martin signed with JGR??
    I thought they had 1 more year on their contracts. Something going on in house for him to walk away from a contract, unless his wife gave him an ultimatum.

8. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Buyout clauses exist for a reason. No tin foil hats here.

Joker and KTMLew01 like this.
  9. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Usually the "buyout clause" favors the team owner. Not often a CC or driver cancels their contract.

10. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Good for him for making a great choice. Good luck Me. Pearn.

KTMLew01 likes this.
  11. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses.

Because he can't just be tired of the responsibilities and simply well-off enough to choose something less demanding. Gods forbid we take him at face value despite any evidence otherwise. Let's all look for hidden meanings, like teenage girls over-interpreting a love note.

Greg, Joker, Turtle84 and 5 others like this.
  12. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Where did the script come from though? Vince Joe McGibbs, or World NASCAR Entertainment? The two big and unlikely mistakes were on Gibbs teams.

13. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Because so many people have said the EXACT same thing and two weeks or two months later that same person is doing the same thing for somebody else. Why do you think people are STILL talking about Carl Edwards? Because the number of people in these positions who actually DO just ride off into the sunset are about 1 in 100.

14. Rafe hollister

Rafe hollister Team Owner

Fatback McSwain once a CC on the #18 Interstate battery car quit and open a auto repair shop in Dallas N.C.

KTMLew01 likes this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Woke up one morning and he said

17. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Wow. What is going on there???

18. Mike Crayne

Mike Crayne Team Owner

19. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Not nice, but I guess he doesn't have to answer to anyone anymore.

Ventisca and StandOnIt like this.
  20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Quits a job and has no idea what he is going to do next, but he ain't working there anymore. Kinda like Carl eh? Except Carl wasn't a jackass about it.

Pat and Ventisca like this.
  21. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

"So please understand my sincerity and shove all your conspiracy theories up your hoop."

Sounds like good advice to me.

Greg, Truex_rox, Mike Crayne and 7 others like this.
  22. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

My 2 cents, Cole made his decision on what HE wanted out of life --- and that life was NOT 24/7 in the shop or on the road.
    Good for him.

zevious, Rick, Joker and 6 others like this.
  23. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I'm skeptical.

Cole standing in his yard, holding a garden hose while taking orders from his wife ain't a future. It's a temporary escape from the JGR Zoo. Congrats to him for escaping the cage.

I've been to many many retirement ceremonies and heard the usual "just want to spend more time with family" blather -- only to see husbands eventually scramble to get away from that domestic tranquility and back into a life of excitement, risk, adventure...

Pat likes this.
  24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Everybody knew when Gordon, and recently D.W., Jr etc were retiring. And the guy is jacked up about something that sure smells like he didn't give any notice, left his bunch in the lurch, says publicly he doesn't have a job lined up. I for one hope he gets a job doing something, hanging out with the fam is going to get old pretty quick without any income coming in. If he moves to Vancouver it is one of the most expensive places in the world to live.

Pat, Hotrod and Ventisca like this.
  25. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

what a child lol

26. Whiskyb

Whiskyb Team Owner

Its a shame he is leaving. He was the lone wolf at JGR, as he was the only one from there that I have seen on RaceHUb. Genuinely down to earth it seemed

27. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

Cole is far from being a idiot, so I'm sure no matter where he decides to live he'll have no problem finding good employment.

People with the talent he has usually don't have to go looking for work, it usually finds them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

28. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

We'd be glad to have him.

I can't imagine he doesn't have enough glue to live here.

29. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I'll just point out that guys like this don't get where they are without being a certain type of person. People like that have a VERY hard time getting off and staying off the treadmill, even if they think they really want to. We'll see if his decision sticks.

Rick likes this.
  30. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

I'd be surprised if Cole doesn't have enough money to coast for a few years. Maybe find out what else sparks his interest beside racing.

Joker, Hotrod, Turtle84 and 4 others like this.
  31. LJ7201

LJ7201 Team Owner

he'll be fine. "nascar cup champion crew chief" is a pretty rare piece to a resume

Truex_rox, Joker, Turtle84 and 2 others like this.
  32. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

He can always own his own Pinty's Series team, no problem finding a CC.

SpeedPagan likes this.
  33. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses.

I agree, but there are plenty of other, less demanding treadmills outside of racing.

Some here are making it sound like he has only two options - sit around the house and get bored, or go back into racing. There's plenty of options besides those two.

34. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

Lots of super judgmental people here. How about let people live their own life?

Zerkfitting, Blaze, Joker and 7 others like this.
  35. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Who's judging? Some of us are interested in motivates and drives people, or doesn't for that matter.

Rick, Ventisca and StandOnIt like this.
  36. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Take Pearn's advice.

KTMLew01 likes this.
  37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I don't think there would be all of the wondering going on if this announcement would have been announced earlier in the season. Leaving suddenly is going to raise questions no matter who it is. That's two with the same outfit that have done that. Kids grow up at the race tracks all of the time.

38. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

He and his family have decided that the lifestyle no longer suits them.

Somehow, that is not acceptable to everyone.

This made me laugh.

Charlie Spencer and KTMLew01 like this.
  39. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

Why Pinty? Go for the Truck series!

40. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Maybe just Cole just got burnt out and missed being away from his family 38 something odd weekends a year. I cant imagine traveling that much for a job, I mean you're on the road alot. I dont see the conspiracy in this..... I'd buy the Carl Edwards conspiracies over the Cole Pearn ones we have been getting

Blaze and Charlie Spencer like this.