Cole Pearn stepping away from NASCAR

Guess we'll find out how good truex really is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Or we will find out if he can get another great CC. Truex did all the driving
so we know he can get the job done IF he gets a smart enough CC.

I hope Martin Truex Jr. doesn't have the drop in performance like Jeff Gordon did when Evernham left, or when Rick Hendrick broke up Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus.
Gordon was still a contender, and Johnson was on his decline in an organization that isn't the super power it was 3 years prior to then.

Those two were much better drivers. Truex having a drop in his performance is pretty expected and certainly isn't shocking.

As far the news..well, no comment, other than let's see what Truex can do in elite equipment with a good CC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WOW.

I gotta wonder if the 2021 package has something to do with it..

I hope Martin Truex Jr. doesn't have the drop in performance like Jeff Gordon did when Evernham left, or when Rick Hendrick broke up Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus.

Gordon won back to back races right off the bat with Brian Whitesell in 99'. Won a championship with Robbie Loomis. Almost won a championship with Steve Letarte. Almost won another championship with Alan Gustafson.

Way different then the fall off with Knaus. The 48 stayed together way too long imo

What was the contract length that Cole and Martin signed with JGR??
I thought they had 1 more year on their contracts. Something going on in house for him to walk away from a contract, unless his wife gave him an ultimatum.

What was the contract length that Cole and Martin signed with JGR??
I thought they had 1 more year on their contracts. Something going on in house for him to walk away from a contract, unless his wife gave him an ultimatum.
Buyout clauses exist for a reason. No tin foil hats here.

Something going on in house for him to walk away from a contract, unless his wife gave him an ultimatum.
Because he can't just be tired of the responsibilities and simply well-off enough to choose something less demanding. Gods forbid we take him at face value despite any evidence otherwise. Let's all look for hidden meanings, like teenage girls over-interpreting a love note.

Because he can't just be tired of the responsibilities and simply well-off enough to choose something less demanding. Gods forbid we take him at face value despite any evidence otherwise. Let's all look for hidden meanings, like teenage girls over-interpreting a love note.

Because so many people have said the EXACT same thing and two weeks or two months later that same person is doing the same thing for somebody else. Why do you think people are STILL talking about Carl Edwards? Because the number of people in these positions who actually DO just ride off into the sunset are about 1 in 100.

Quits a job and has no idea what he is going to do next, but he ain't working there anymore. Kinda like Carl eh? Except Carl wasn't a jackass about it.

I'm skeptical.

Cole standing in his yard, holding a garden hose while taking orders from his wife ain't a future. It's a temporary escape from the JGR Zoo. Congrats to him for escaping the cage.

I've been to many many retirement ceremonies and heard the usual "just want to spend more time with family" blather -- only to see husbands eventually scramble to get away from that domestic tranquility and back into a life of excitement, risk, adventure...

Reactions: Pat
I'm skeptical.

Cole standing in his yard, holding a garden hose while taking orders from his wife ain't a future. It's a temporary escape from the JGR Zoo. Congrats to him on escaping the cage.

Having been to many many retirement ceremonies and hearing the usual "just want to spend more time with family" blather -- only to see husbands eventually scramble to get away from that domestic tranquility and back into a life of excitement, risk, adventure...

Everybody knew when Gordon, and recently D.W., Jr etc were retiring. And the guy is jacked up about something that sure smells like he didn't give any notice, left his bunch in the lurch, says publicly he doesn't have a job lined up. I for one hope he gets a job doing something, hanging out with the fam is going to get old pretty quick without any income coming in. If he moves to Vancouver it is one of the most expensive places in the world to live.

Its a shame he is leaving. He was the lone wolf at JGR, as he was the only one from there that I have seen on RaceHUb. Genuinely down to earth it seemed

Cole is far from being a idiot, so I'm sure no matter where he decides to live he'll have no problem finding good employment.

People with the talent he has usually don't have to go looking for work, it usually finds them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My 2 cents, Cole made his decision on what HE wanted out of life --- and that life was NOT 24/7 in the shop or on the road.
Good for him.

I'll just point out that guys like this don't get where they are without being a certain type of person. People like that have a VERY hard time getting off and staying off the treadmill, even if they think they really want to. We'll see if his decision sticks.

I'll just point out that guys like this don't get where they are without being a certain type of person. People like that have a VERY hard time getting off and staying off the treadmill, even if they think they really want to. We'll see if his decision sticks.
I agree, but there are plenty of other, less demanding treadmills outside of racing.

Some here are making it sound like he has only two options - sit around the house and get bored, or go back into racing. There's plenty of options besides those two.

I don't think there would be all of the wondering going on if this announcement would have been announced earlier in the season. Leaving suddenly is going to raise questions no matter who it is. That's two with the same outfit that have done that. Kids grow up at the race tracks all of the time.

Maybe just Cole just got burnt out and missed being away from his family 38 something odd weekends a year. I cant imagine traveling that much for a job, I mean you're on the road alot. I dont see the conspiracy in this..... I'd buy the Carl Edwards conspiracies over the Cole Pearn ones we have been getting

Back
Top Bottom