Cole Pearn stepping away from NASCAR

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Dec 9, 2019.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

probably came with a one year contract and it was over when the season was. Anyway ya slice it JGR lost a good man. But like they say, if mama ain't happy, nobodies happy

sdj likes this.
  2. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

To me, Pearn was one of a handful of guys that were real game changers in the sport, that offered their teams more than just running a team well and calling a solid race. It will be interesting to see what if any change his absence creates on the 19 team or even JGR as a whole.

3. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

Tinfoil Alert!
    How about Pearn to the 12 and Bullins back to the 21?
    Just an early Christmas wish...………..

4. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Costco delivery?

Did it come on a pallet?

Turtle84 and Charlie Spencer like this.
  5. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

Walmart Pickup

Turtle84 likes this.
  6. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

Still say he Pearnt Out...:jamming:

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

sdj, LewTheShoe and Ventisca like this.
  8. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Pearn to Ford and SHR would be awesome. Unfortunately, SHR doesn't have any worthy drivers besides Harvick. Custer is an unknown at this point; Bacon guy and the Kansas Klown need to find Victory Lane soon or retire.

9. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Pearn to Western Canada.

That’ll be it.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  10. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Good for Western Canada -- bad for NASCAR.

11. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Bacon Guy and Kansas Klown.....LMAO! :D

acmerocket likes this.
  12. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Ventisca likes this.
  13. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Somehow, NASHCASH will survive in his absence.

14. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Looks like you got your wish. Christmas came early for you :D

15. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

16. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Could be a very good choice. He is familiar with what Martin wants in a car and he knows Cole's little cheating tricks. :D

17. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

How many cheats are possible with the OSS station?

18. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

Obviously enough that some cars are significantly faster than others out on the track

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

From most successful Canadian crew chief in NASCAR to most successful Australian crew chief in NASCAR. ;)

20. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

How many cars with 4 or more wins on the season? :D

21. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

James Small + Jazzy >= Cole Pearn. Martin will be just fine. Funny how "The Preacher" attracts such quality talent. Funny how Jazzy who initially turned his back on JGR has found his way to JGR. Wow. For such a mess of a company, JGR sure is doing fine.

22. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Way excited about this. Fascinating stuff....Wonder what Jazzy didn't find with Chip......Wonder what he missed about the 19 crew......Wonder why he didn't go with Cole.....Who cares! He is there now, and I think Martin continues his success.

23. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

What didn't he find with chip? The large sacks of cash that JGR and Toyota were willing to give him

24. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Oh yeah, of course....that wasn't enough for Cole, and I think Jazzy comes from a similar place. The anti-Coach narrative is losing traction. The Toyota "overspending" narrative died with Roush's success. Keep up.

25. zevious

zevious Team Owner

Just because a team is better than another does not mean they are cheating. There are many ways to skate around the rules, that are not cheating. That said, I am not saying anyone is NOT cheating. Just saying, innocent until proven guilty.

26. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

So you're saying he probably took a pay cut to leave CGR and head to JGR?........

StandOnIt likes this.
  27. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

He could have chased the cash when the 19 was "stolen" (sarcasm) from Barney. He didn't. Why? ....and why go to the "Darkside" (sarcasm again)? He initially used the reasoning that the Ganassi software was consistent with what he had been using at FRR and JGR's wasn't. Either JGR changed their software, or Jazzy changed his mind for some reason.....other than $ IMO. I thought the only thing that would get him to JGR was the CC job.

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

As long as we are telling stories, could be they didn't have room at the inn for him, until Pearn bailed.

wi_racefan likes this.
  29. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

He wanted to be with "The Preacher" that badly that after being turned away, he jumped at the chance. Pretty inconsistent with the narrative around here. Tell me another story.

30. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

EDIT: The JGR software was inconsistent with FRR and Ganassi's was the same as FRR. Just wanted to throw that in there for those not ignoring. All two of ya! :D

31. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

It's obvious the top 10 or top 20 or top 30 are cheating cause they are faster than the rest. You should have known. Don't make me come back here!

32. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

No the OSS prevents cheating, and the threat of a win being taken away ensures 100% rule compliance. I don't know what Rodney was talking about.

33. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

My post was sarcasm. p=Poorly done apparently.

aunty dive likes this.
  34. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

As was mine....

35. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

36. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

Well not the job I was expecting him to do, but good for him. Like they say "living the dream"

acmerocket likes this.
  37. Mike Crayne

Mike Crayne Team Owner

38. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

That sounds like a pretty good life imo.

Charlie Spencer likes this.