Cole Pearn stepping away from NASCAR

probably came with a one year contract and it was over when the season was. Anyway ya slice it JGR lost a good man. But like they say, if mama ain't happy, nobodies happy

Reactions: sdj
To me, Pearn was one of a handful of guys that were real game changers in the sport, that offered their teams more than just running a team well and calling a solid race. It will be interesting to see what if any change his absence creates on the 19 team or even JGR as a whole.

Tinfoil Alert!
How about Pearn to the 12 and Bullins back to the 21?
Just an early Christmas wish...………..

Pearn to Ford and SHR would be awesome. Unfortunately, SHR doesn't have any worthy drivers besides Harvick. Custer is an unknown at this point; Bacon guy and the Kansas Klown need to find Victory Lane soon or retire.

Bacon Guy and Kansas Klown.....LMAO! :D

Could be a very good choice. He is familiar with what Martin wants in a car and he knows Cole's little cheating tricks. :D

From most successful Canadian crew chief in NASCAR to most successful Australian crew chief in NASCAR. ;)

James Small + Jazzy >= Cole Pearn. Martin will be just fine. Funny how "The Preacher" attracts such quality talent. Funny how Jazzy who initially turned his back on JGR has found his way to JGR. Wow. For such a mess of a company, JGR sure is doing fine.

Looks like you got your wish. Christmas came early for you :D

Way excited about this. Fascinating stuff....Wonder what Jazzy didn't find with Chip......Wonder what he missed about the 19 crew......Wonder why he didn't go with Cole.....Who cares! He is there now, and I think Martin continues his success.

Way excited about this. Fascinating stuff....Wonder what Jazzy didn't find with Chip......Wonder what he missed about the 19 crew......Wonder why he didn't go with Cole.....Who cares! He is there now, and I think Martin continues his success.
What didn't he find with chip? The large sacks of cash that JGR and Toyota were willing to give him

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What didn't he find with chip? The large sacks of cash that JGR and Toyota were willing to give him

Oh yeah, of course....that wasn't enough for Cole, and I think Jazzy comes from a similar place. The anti-Coach narrative is losing traction. The Toyota "overspending" narrative died with Roush's success. Keep up.

How many cars with 4 or more wins on the season? :D
Just because a team is better than another does not mean they are cheating. There are many ways to skate around the rules, that are not cheating. That said, I am not saying anyone is NOT cheating. Just saying, innocent until proven guilty.

Oh yeah, of course....that wasn't enough for Cole, and I think Jazzy comes from a similar place. The anti-Coach narrative is losing traction. The Toyota "overspending" narrative died with Roush's success. Keep up.
So you're saying he probably took a pay cut to leave CGR and head to JGR?........

So you're saying he probably took a pay cut to leave CGR and head to JGR?........

He could have chased the cash when the 19 was "stolen" (sarcasm) from Barney. He didn't. Why? ....and why go to the "Darkside" (sarcasm again)? He initially used the reasoning that the Ganassi software was consistent with what he had been using at FRR and JGR's wasn't. Either JGR changed their software, or Jazzy changed his mind for some reason.....other than $ IMO. I thought the only thing that would get him to JGR was the CC job.

As long as we are telling stories, could be they didn't have room at the inn for him, until Pearn bailed.

He wanted to be with "The Preacher" that badly that after being turned away, he jumped at the chance. Pretty inconsistent with the narrative around here. Tell me another story.

He could have chased the cash when the 19 was "stolen" (sarcasm) from Barney. He didn't. Why? ....and why go to the "Darkside" (sarcasm again)? He initially used the reasoning that the Ganassi software was consistent with what he had been using at FRR and JGR's wasn't. Either JGR changed their software, or Jazzy changed his mind for some reason.....other than $ IMO. I thought the only thing that would get him to JGR was the CC job.

EDIT: The JGR software was inconsistent with FRR and Ganassi's was the same as FRR. Just wanted to throw that in there for those not ignoring. All two of ya! :D

Just because a team is better than another does not mean they are cheating. There are many ways to skate around the rules, that are not cheating. That said, I am not saying anyone is NOT cheating. Just saying, innocent until proven guilty.
It's obvious the top 10 or top 20 or top 30 are cheating cause they are faster than the rest. You should have known. Don't make me come back here!

It's obvious the top 10 or top 20 or top 30 are cheating cause they are faster than the rest. You should have known. Don't make me come back here!

No the OSS prevents cheating, and the threat of a win being taken away ensures 100% rule compliance. I don't know what Rodney was talking about.

Well not the job I was expecting him to do, but good for him. Like they say "living the dream"

Back
Top Bottom