Cole Pearn stepping away from NASCAR

Kids grow up at the race tracks all of the time.
I imagine that was a lot easier in Jr's day when more of the schedule was in the southeast, and spending a weekend with Dad didn't disrupt the school week. I suspect for many of today's kids, going back and forth every weekend can get pretty boring, and cut into the time they want to spend with their friends.

For me, it raises more questions about the organization they're leaving than what they're going to do when they're gone.
one way to get back if you are pissed off is to say f you nicely and do what Carl and now Pearn did. Wouldn't it be something if Pearn showed up working for another team next year. :p

WOW.

I gotta wonder if the 2021 package has something to do with it..
germain19.jpg

Attachments

• gen7-19.jpg
    gen7-19.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 155
  • gen7-19.jpg
    gen7-19.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 169
Where did the script come from though? Vince Joe McGibbs, or World NASCAR Entertainment? The two big and unlikely mistakes were on Gibbs teams.
that was not tape they put on dennys car,
it was a piece of bear bond the size of alaska.
deliberate sabotage in both cases for gibbs cars.
no wonder kyle was so low key,
i think he was truly embarrassed to be part of the show.

could be a lot more obligations with Gibbs and the rest of the Toyota brass being in Charlotte instead of out in the boonies of Colorado in a more laid back atmosphere

Milk toast response from you. I am disappointed. Cole hated NC from the very beginning. Most knew that. Where is the Preacher ran him out narrative? Damn.

That that POS organization which won 19 times, and represented 3 of 4 at Homestead? What a mess.

I'm not saying it applies here, but SOMETIMES, the most successful organizations are the most miserable places to work. I know from personal experience that the more successful my employer gets, the less personal satisfaction and enjoyment I get from working there.

Imagine bold predicting Cole Pearn to walk away before Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson.

Hold your breath moments for the Truex denier's next season...

That that POS organization which won 19 times, and represented 3 of 4 at Homestead? What a mess.
I didn't call JGR a piece of s#!t. I didn't say they don't win. I didn't call it a mess. Don't put words in my mouth.

It's possible for an organization to be very successful and still be an unpleasant place to work. I'm not stating JGR is, I'm asking if it could be. It could be one of many possible explanations why two critical employees at the top of their game chose to leave abruptly.

EDIT: posted before I read @Formerjackman 's post saying essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
Burn out is a serious thing in racing. NASCAR is no exception to it with the schedule they maintain. Wonder if Pearn might end up in the TV booth?

Burn out is a serious thing in racing. NASCAR is no exception to it with the schedule they maintain. Wonder if Pearn might end up in the TV booth?
Working the TV booth is still spending weekends on the road for months at a time. While the preparation is different and not as intense, there's still work to be done during the week to get ready.

maybe Cole had a $ number to have in his bank account, then he would hang it up
his year end bonus put him over that number
time to hang out with the kids
end of story
Everybody is having to take pay cuts, that's what there are so many people leaving.

Heh. Typical Cole Pearn. Part of the reason why I liked him! He had wits as well as being a great crew chief. Who can blame him for what he said on his departure? He had a pretty straightforward way of dealing with all of the speculation and nonsense surrounding it and snuffed it out. Good for him.

Could be the Yota folks tried to clone him into the organization and he bolted
Could be he felt that too many of his "secrets" were getting shared with his teammates. Also possible that he just felt he didn't fit into a large organization well. FRR was a real anomaly among Cup teams. If you're used to that environment, a mega team like TRD/Gibbs could be a real culture shock. I will also point out that his "family" might just be a cover for the very real possibility that he has a contract that would preclude him from going to work for another team for X amount of time.

Could be he felt that too many of his "secrets" were getting shared with his teammates. Also possible that he just felt he didn't fit into a large organization well. FRR was a real anomaly among Cup teams. If you're used to that environment, a mega team like TRD/Gibbs could be a real culture shock. I will also point out that his "family" might just be a cover for the very real possibility that he has a contract that would preclude him from going to work for another team for X amount of time.
looking at what Gibbs did to Suarez with Arris and they were just a sponsor, it makes sense.

being the big fish in a small pond to just one of the hoard and with all of the rules and micro management of a large operation had to be a big change. Working for Barney compared to Gibbs? Colorado to Charlotte? I know my family followed the corporate ladder and some of the places the family went to were do whatever it takes to get out of there. I'm not going to name the places because some around here live close to those places.

Hey, it's the off season and we're just throwing out possible explanations for the hell of it. It's sort of like trying to pick winning lottery numbers. Some day, we may find out that one of us was right....... Personally, I don't really give a s*** that he IS gone and even less WHY he is gone. To me it just means that my favorite team's number one competitor just lost a key guy. That makes me smile. Beyond that, I just like to speculate, and I like it even more when it seems to bother some people. :)

Hey, it's the off season and we're just throwing out possible explanations for the hell of it. It's sort of like trying to pick winning lottery numbers. Some day, we may find out that one of us was right....... Personally, I don't really give a s*** that he IS gone and even less WHY he is gone. To me it just means that my favorite team's number one competitor just lost a key guy. That makes me smile. Beyond that, I just like to speculate, and I like it even more when it seems to bother some people. :)
Ya know when ya put it all together, Gibbs with Yota's blessing starving out Barney to get Truex and Pearn, and KaBoom Karma strikes.

I will also point out that his "family" might just be a cover for the very real possibility that he has a contract that would preclude him from going to work for another team for X amount of time.
Maybe the contract only applies to the lower 48 and he can get around it and does something in the Pinty's series

Cole Pearn had yet to be conceived when the current Pinty’s mandatory shocks were the hot setup on the race tracks of North America. It would be like stealing and eating his children’s Halloween candy.

He seems like a “never go back” kind of guy to me.

Back
Top Bottom