Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Nascar lets it go on because it draws eyeballs. Aren't we all going to tune in next week to see Joey or Denny (or even both) do AD dirty?
I tune in because I want to see a good race. I like it intense with even some rubbing, not some BS like the crap that Dillion pulled.

That steering graph is damning in itself.
Dillon hooked him, plain and simple. In the video below, his car drops left, below the white paint line, while Hamlin remains on his racing line.

White line reference used only as an indicator of Dillon’s position, not to infer out of bounds or anything else.

Stop putting NASCAR in this position
I'm just saying this based on past judgements. Honestly if I were the Emperor of NASCAR I would score AD last and set the finish from the moment he cornholed Joey. But I have 100% confidence that won't happen.

Yeah, but Denny totally turned up into Austin on purpose while taking the natural racing line that was used for 399 laps.

Great assumption because you can't put bias to the side. Just a wonderful line of thinking.

Sitting here reading the last 30 or so comments and reading some that Hamlin drove up and got himself hooked is an insane take to me. Lmao

The contact with the 22 happened as fast as the 11 was around the turn. Hamlin would have had no time to react to what just happened.

If they happen to be running one two and the second car is close enough, bump and run....engaged. Of course this all depends on the driver. Some will, some won't. Throw beer cans, shoes, Dale duck calls at Gordon lol.
I have heard drivers say that the old bump and run dosent work anymore. They have to knock the crap out of them.

After Tuesday, Harrison Burton will know whether he can go to Daytona with the goal to cause as many big ones as possible without taking out himself, being the last one standing and sneaking his way into the playoffs.

Jokes aside, how embarrassing would it be to have two guys who were 30th or worse four races before the cutoff ending up being part of the playoffs.

This should be the dagger.

The Logano incident is whatever. It’s crappy and the guy obviously was aiming for the bumper and sailed it in there way deeper than anyone would normally take the corner, but they’ll argue that’s short track racing. He just turned left and kept turning left across the track to wreck Hamlin.

This is probably NASCAR’s worst nightmare from the standpoint of the “playoffs”. By designing the “win and you’re in” model, this scenario of a back marker car being in position to ram their way into the playoffs was always on the table, but rarely made it plausible. Now they have a perfect storm to deal with. Sawyer says they’ll review everything and determine any possible penalty by Tuesday. No way they DQ him and take away the win or place in the chase. But I’m betting on a large fine and probation.

After Tuesday, Harrison Burton will know whether he can go to Daytona with the goal to cause as many big ones as possible without taking out himself, being the last one standing and sneaking his way into the playoffs.

Jokes aside, how embarrassing would it be to have two guys who were 30th or worse four races before the cutoff ending up being part of the playoffs.
NASCAR considers that a feature, not a bug. They’re trying to go for some Cinderella story type of angle similar to the NCAA Tournament, but it’s just not the same at all.

NASCAR considers that a feature, not a bug. They’re trying to go for some Cinderella story type of angle similar to the NCAA Tournament, but it’s just not the same at all.

Not the same thing at all. Imagine other sports going this route. For example, an NFL team wins just one game in a season, but that one game was against the Super Bowl champions, so that teams gets a spot in the playoffs. Rewarding a junk team for an off game/race is ridiculous. You can poll every NASCAR fan and not one of them would say Dillon has a shot at the championship, or even making it through the first round. No Cinderella story happening here.

Dale would also never be so desperate to wreck anyone and everyone around him because he’s sitting in 32nd in the championship on a two-year winless drought.
even when Dale went this his slump in 96, 97 and 98 I thought he raced pretty clean. When he got some spunk back in 1999 and 2000, there were glimmers of the old Earnhardt in there but not like this. I cant understand fans equating this to how Dale raced.

even when Dale went this his slump in 96, 97 and 98 I thought he raced pretty clean. When he got some spunk back in 1999 and 2000, there were glimmers of the old Earnhardt in there but not like this. I cant understand fans equating this to how Dale raced.

They just see the highlights of his aggression without understanding the context behind it.

The SMT data proves Austin Dillon's intent was to hook Denny in the RR. Denny could've been in the grass and Dillon still would have wrecked him.

Yeah. I'm seeing people claim Denny came up on him but wanted to hold off until the SMT data came out. Left steering spike right before the contact.

It's as blatant as it gets.

Yeah. I'm seeing people claim Denny came up on him but wanted to hold off until the SMT data came out. Left steering spike right after the contact.

It's as blatant as it gets.
That is what happens after cars collide. They correct.

I won't be since Dillon probably won't be anywhere near them on the track. There's a reason he was 32nd in points coming into the race.
Theres this "Joey and Denny are going to get their's once they see the 3 on track" When exactly are they going to see him, when they lap him? Its a non issue and they'd be idiots to pick a fight with The Cowboy, just keep doing what they've been doing all season especially in Denny's case. The 3's case will take care of itself as his will be a short cameo in the playoffs.

I mean it’s possible that the 3 car has found speed now yeah? We will just have to wait and see what happens.
speed to where? There's a reason he's 32nd in points and his teammate with once in a generational talent looks like 2000 DW. The organization has run like trash this year, a two week Olympic break doesnt cure those kind of ills

speed to where? There's a reason he's 32nd in points and his teammate with once in a generational talent looks like 2000 DW. The organization has run like trash this year, a two week Olympic break doesnt cure those kind of ills
I mean I’m just saying they had speed last night, who knows what the team may have found. Like he isn’t about to light the world on fire or anything like that, but he could have some good runs in some of the upcoming races if the team nails the setup again.

Back
Top Bottom