Deegan Won Again

i would love to see her race at eldora in the trucks this year,but then race a full year in arca next year.

And we all know how that turned out for Danica with regard to success on the track as opposed to merely generating a buzz.

Completely irrelevant to the conversation. Danica and Hailie are of similar comparison because they both attract attention to the sport before they have even arrived on the scene. You can't argue the "eyes" that Danica brought to the sport. Inevitably if they are not successful the shine wears off and the "eyes" leave, but that isn't what this is about. It's about the popularity and the attention brought to the sport by both of them.

As far as the popularity of Instagram is concerned, it is without a doubt more popular than Twitter demographically. Twitter is a better source for news and breaking stories. IG is better for contact and can provide a glimpse into the lives of these people. Hailie has mastered this. She has a PR Team around her all of the time and they are using her youth and her marketability to capitalize and maximize her popularity before she has even made it. In that sense she is absolutely the fastest rising start in the sport. Her popularity before even making it has proved that. she is already moving the needle and she hasn't even arrived yet.

Who was the last driver to be mentioned on Sundays before even having a start in 1 of the NASCAR series? Joey Logano maybe? She has that level of appeal because she is marketable. For whatever reason it is. Be it, her being a female in a male dominated sport, her Dad, her sponsor, her looks, her ability etc. If you follow the sport in any substantial way or exist on social in todays social heavy world you have heard of her. I live on the West Coast and I knew Joey, I knew Ben Rhodes, Brett Moffit etc. Point being, there is no excuse to not know who she is when she is being pushed as much as any star the sport has, if not more.

Not necessarily saying she is the biggest star in the sport, but she is right up there with Chase and Kyle.

Listened to her on Dale Jr Download today and she said her goal next year is to run 34 races and a couple truck starts. She mentioned multiple times about how she doesn't want to fizzle out and how if she has to stay down an extra year to prolong her career 5 more years she is willing to. She is pretty savvy for 17 years old. She is in a car 5 days a week of some sort. Her driving coach owns a go kart track that she is constantly on. They actually work on bump and runs. I'm not a fan of hers, but I can appreciate and respect her process and her focus. She has a true opportunity to do something special and she seems to have the right mindset.

Listened to her on Dale Jr Download today and she said her goal next year is to run 34 races and a couple truck starts. She mentioned multiple times about how she doesn't want to fizzle out and how if she has to stay down an extra year to prolong her career 5 more years she is willing to. She is pretty savvy for 17 years old. She is in a car 5 days a week of some sort. Her driving coach owns a go kart track that she is constantly on. They actually work on bump and runs. I'm not a fan of hers, but I can appreciate and respect her process and her focus. She has a true opportunity to do something special and she seems to have the right mindset.

TRD. @Revman She just might be in a Busch truck. the pieces fit, Toyota loves her, busch is toyotas top guy arguably.

Deegan wouldn't be ruffled. Decker is a dumpster fire in the trucks. With lack of driving skills and aggression, you never know if she will wreck herself or have another driver boot her off the track. I don't care about either of their fan bases. In most cases it isn't a popularity contest. Danica burned that bridge. Decker isn't popular around here and neither will Deegan if she gets mugged in the trucks IMO.

Deegan wouldn't be ruffled. Decker is a dumpster fire in the trucks. With lack of driving skills and aggression, you never know if she will wreck herself or have another driver boot her off the track. I don't care about either of their fan bases. In most cases it isn't a popularity contest. Danica burned that bridge. Decker isn't popular around here and neither will Deegan if she gets mugged in the trucks IMO.

check it out....TRD brass already saying they like her in trucks...

https://nesn.com/2019/07/nascar-rumors-teen-phenom-hailie-deegan-headed-to-truck-series-in-2020/

.@HailieDeegan could make her NASCAR national series debut next year by running some @GanderOutdoors Truck races, per @ToyotaRacing exec @JackIrvingJr. Asked what part of her skillset is the strongest, Irving said her feedback/ability to make a car quicker, and aggressiveness. pic.twitter.com/MbiPixa1ee — Adam Stern (@A_S12) July 1, 2019

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/07/nascar-rumors-teen-phenom-hailie-deegan-headed-to-truck-series-in-2020/

check it out....TRD brass already saying they like her in trucks...

https://nesn.com/2019/07/nascar-rumors-teen-phenom-hailie-deegan-headed-to-truck-series-in-2020/

.@HailieDeegan could make her NASCAR national series debut next year by running some @GanderOutdoors Truck races, per @ToyotaRacing exec @JackIrvingJr. Asked what part of her skillset is the strongest, Irving said her feedback/ability to make a car quicker, and aggressiveness. pic.twitter.com/MbiPixa1ee — Adam Stern (@A_S12) July 1, 2019

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/07/nascar-rumors-teen-phenom-hailie-deegan-headed-to-truck-series-in-2020/
Her biggest problem right now is the higher speed tracks. She hasnt done well at Bristol, Gateway, Loudon, Iowa or Memphis. Her Pocono ARCA start wasnt bad with a 7th place finish but she was 2 laps down. Shes making her name on the 3/8 mile tracks so she really needs to step up her game in Iowa coming up.

Her biggest problem right now is the higher speed tracks. She hasnt done well at Bristol, Gateway, Loudon, Iowa or Memphis. Her Pocono ARCA start wasnt bad with a 7th place finish but she was 2 laps down. Shes making her name on the 3/8 mile tracks so she really needs to step up her game in Iowa coming up.
Laps. More laps.

After that ... some laps. There is no other way.

she admits this as much. she wa snot used to poncno with the window sealed off.

“I think you have to have your priorities straight,” she said. “Are you focusing on looking good at the track or performing at the track? There’s a difference.”

giphy.gif

I liked her attitude before, but now she won me over.

No doubt, but she needs to show improvement, Iowa is a KN East / West combo race and she really needs to show more speed, more then last year preferably.
I predict that she will.

Laps = confidence. And a couple of wins doesn't hurt.

I agree with you. I think she had an issue at Pocono but she was a 5th or 6th place car there.

There is s reason I've gone radio silent here. Lots of experts that have ZERO compassion for anyone's effort. She's 17. At least 5 years from running any Nascar series full time. If they are smart. But what do i know.
In my case, it's not a lack of compassion, it's a lack of interest. She's just too far down the food chain for me to care. There are probably other talented young drivers busting their humps trying to climb the ladder, but I'm not interested in them yet either. There's just too many drivers and feeder series for me to keep up.

Call me when she gets a full-time Truck ride and I'll give her the same attention I give any other Truck rookie. When she starts cranking out top 5s on a semi-regular basis, I'll give her the same attention I give other Truck series front runners.

In my case, it's not a lack of compassion, it's a lack of interest. She's just too far down the food chain for me to care. There are probably other talented young drivers busting their humps trying to climb the ladder, but I'm not interested in them yet either. There's just too many drivers and feeder series for me to keep up.

Call me when she gets a full-time Truck ride and I'll give her the same attention I give any other Truck rookie. When she starts cranking out top 5s on a semi-regular basis, I'll give her the same attention I give other Truck series front runners.

You will need a blindfold an ear plugs, or watch re runs of family ties.

You will need a blindfold an ear plugs, or watch re runs of family ties.
So far, the only place I’ve heard of her is here. I don’t watch pre-race or the other talking heads. I look at Jayski and NASCAR.com but I go straight to the practice speeds. I don’t use any forms of social media except this joint.

No blindfold or earplugs necessary.

So far, the only place I’ve heard of her is here. I don’t watch pre-race or the other talking heads. I look at Jayski and NASCAR.com but I go straight to the practice speeds. I don’t use any forms of social media except this joint.

No blindfold or earplugs necessary.
yeah, wearing blinders does have it's advantages I would guess. :p

Hailie deegan is the most likeable female driver that I've ever seen in the sport. Grew up watching her dad do crazy ****..The US vs THEM Metal Militia Mentality is
ingrained in her personality and the way she approaches her job. And it's awesome!

Ain't it the truth. 2 wins in the K&N West series and she's a bonafide legend at the ripe old age of 17. Way to soon to tell what she'll do.

Back
Top Bottom