Deegan Won Again

Hailie Deegan's attracting interest outside of the sport.

She's generating buzz that, right now, nobody else is matching.

Deegan is a star right now with unlimited potential in that regard, much like Danica.

And we all know how that turned out for Danica with regard to success on the track as opposed to merely generating a buzz.

Completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Danica and Hailie are of similar comparison because they both attract attention to the sport before they have even arrived on the scene.

It's about the popularity and the attention brought to the sport by both of them.

I certainly wish nothing but the best for Deegan, but like @Charlie Spencer, my feeling for now is , , , ,

nothing-to-see-here-folks-move-along.jpg

This is a young woman’s impersonation of another young woman who shall remain nameless ...

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but to me it clearly says, "I'm going to do this and I know I'll get away with it solely because I'm female."

Natalie is such a clown show, sorry but it just is what it is. Julia Landauer would have been better than her.

I certainly wish nothing but the best for Deegan, but like @Charlie Spencer, my feeling for now is , , , ,

View attachment 40836

I finally got around to listening to her appearance on the Dale Jr. podcast, and while I really like her attitude and what she had to say, that quasi "valley girl" voice and that God awful laugh of hers made me want to drive an ice pick through my eardrums.

I finally got around to listening to her appearance on the Dale Jr. podcast, and while I really like her attitude and what she had to say, that quasi "valley girl" voice and that God awful laugh of hers made me want to drive an ice pick through my eardrums.
she definitely is a chatterbox

True, but judged against some of the male 17 year old drivers we've had the last few years (Chase Elliott, William Byron), it might make it easier for people to not take her seriously.

She has energy and personality one could argue those two dont.

You could probably make that point, BUT, at some point you are going to have to go into a conference room and ask a manufacturer, a car owner, a sponsor to invest MILLIONS of dollars in you, somebody not even old enough to buy a drink. Who do YOU want to go into that conference room with, William Byron or the girl who could clear a room with her laugh?

You could probably make that point, BUT, at some point you are going to have to go into a conference room and ask a manufacturer, a car owner, a sponsor to invest MILLIONS of dollars in you, somebody not even old enough to buy a drink. Who do YOU want to go into that conference room with, William Byron or the girl who could clear a room with her laugh?

Monster has millions of reasons to say deegan.

Wahd Buhton’s accent never seems to have held him back. Logano and Kez aren’t exactly photogenic.

Energy and personality don't win races. Making a fool of yourself for a photo/video op doesn't earn respect.
I guess when a driver lacks talent they have to do something to get attention.

Energy and personality don't win races. Making a fool of yourself for a photo/video op doesn't earn respect.

watch her race.

Decker/Boyd compared to Allison/Yarborough pretty much sums up our current times vs the 1970s.

To be clear I was referring deegan, not decker.

Ms Deegan already has thier attention and they cant wait to throw some money at her.

Ms Deegan already has thier attention and they cant wait to throw some money at her.

So it seems, but the racing industry as a whole has a VERY spotty record of being able to attract and keep sponsors for female drivers. In drag racing, several have REALLY struggled over the years, even when sponsors seemed to be throwing money by the truckload to get and keep top notch funding, even when they are getting results on the track.

If her dad has anything to say about it it will be a slow process. Looks like they want to just run a couple truck races next year and Eldora.
wants experience before moving up.

I think they're smart to take it slow, but you also are facing the fact that if you are not in a Cup car by about age 22, people start looking at you as too old.

I think they're smart to take it slow, but you also are facing the fact that if you are not in a Cup car by about age 22, people start looking at you as too old.

I predict she wil be in xfinity by age 19.

If her dad has anything to say about it it will be a slow process. Looks like they want to just run a couple truck races next year and Eldora.
wants experience before moving up.
Sometimes Dad doesnt get the last word. Not saying she will be full time Truck next year but if opportunity knocks you better answer.

Decker vs boyd reminds me of patrick vs hamlin.

If I remember correctly, Hamlin took out Patrick 2 times leading up to the Daytona 500 in 2016. Even spun her when she was running p6 and finished p6 in the 150 with a few laps to go. Let's be honest here, and say guy's hate losing to women.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Hamlin took out Patrick 2 times leading up to the Daytona 500 in 2016. Even spun her when she was running p6 and finished p6 in the 150 with a few laps to go. Let's be honest here, and say, guy's hate losing to women.

E! I agree, they do. There is no other explanation for it.

Let's be honest here, and say, guy's hate losing to women.

Quite true. Even Deegan admitted she was a LOT more popular around the pits until she became a competitive threat. The women that were in ARCA when I was got next to zero respect from the guys, sometime even from their own crews. If you saw the Janet Guthrie show, you saw Ricky Rudd talking about how the day he relief drove for her, even backmarker cars many laps down raced him to death because they thought it was her in the car.

Quite true.........If you saw the Janet Guthrie show, you saw Ricky Rudd talking about how the day he relief drove for her, even backmarker cars many laps down raced him to death because they thought it was her in the car.

That is freaking hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom