Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

If Talladega Nights was made today I think all the gay F1 driver stuff would offend too many people.

Drops on the track again.

krXZW0o.jpg

What exactly do you do during these LONG rain delays if you are at the track? If on vacation, you basically wasted an entire day that you could have been doing other things.

Looks like I'll be missing this thing. Eh, oh well. Wasn't really looking forward to a good race anyway, no matter how much the broadcast booth tries telling us otherwise.

What exactly do you do during these LONG rain delays if you are at the track? If on vacation, you basically wasted an entire day that you could have been doing other things.
My Dad and I play cards and read. With a forecast like today's, I would have never gone to the track in the first place. I skipped Martinsville one Sunday several years ago, spent the day in Greensboro, then watched all the drowned rats returning to the hotel.

Reactions: sky
so seeing as how pre race ceremonies took place today are they gonna do them again?

May not run tomorrow either the local weather woman on Fox said she thinks we'll see more rain Monday starting around noon.

A Monday lunchtime race? My favorite! :rolleyes:

Guess I'm gonna go watch the rest of "Some Like It Hot." This movie is hilarious!

so seeing as how pre race ceremonies took place today are they gonna do them again?
No. At least, they've never bothered with them at any rain-delayed race I've attended. Usually the band / singer and other participants have left.

Rain delays can be a real bargain. Buy a cheap seat and sit where you want; usually only a third of the ticket holders return. Parking is a breeze. Of course, you have to have the flexibility to drop everything on a few hours notice. I won't buy tickets to the night races at Charlotte or Atlanta any more; that's just too long a day for me now. But let those suckers run the next day and I'm all over them.

Back
Top Bottom