Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

Actually it was the Cup race that was moved to Sunday, so as not to conflict with b'ball Saturday night. And it's looking more and more like the Cup race will be run Monday --- due to rain.
Yep, this is normally a night race. I am not sure why Nascar didn't figure out it would be on the same weekend, in the "same" area when they did the schedule and move it to another weekend or better yet take it off the schedule.

Yep, this is normally a night race. I am not sure why Nascar didn't figure out it would be on the same weekend, in the "same" area when they did the schedule and move it to another weekend or better yet take it off the schedule.
They still haven't figured out mid-September is when the Bears open up football season too. No wonder Chicagoland has poor attendance.

They still haven't figured out mid-September is when the Bears open up football season too. No wonder Chicagoland has poor attendance.
Even worse is the final race to the chase at Richmond competes with the opening of college football. Most of Nascar's fanbase is in SEC and ACC country and college football is king there.

ston, post: 754995, member: 7816"]How DARE you insult Arlington like that! Arlington is a major city in its own right. Practically the capital of the state. [/quote]
I'm from The Northeast originally, but wound up in Arlington for 6 years when I got out of the Navy. I hear Arlington hasn't been the same since I left!!! Being in the middle of two major cities had its advantages. Nothing like skating at the Tandy center rink in FW, then going to Six Flags in Arlington,and ending the day with a concert in Reunion Arena in Dallas...Ah, the good old days. Wish I could remember some of them a little more clearer!!!!

Last edited:
nascar_texas_weather_forecast.0_standard_709.0.png

From the NASCAR Weather Guy.....

While it looks wet with wide spread rain showers and even isolated storms there could be small windows. Definitely see long stretches of rain delays during the afternoon. Odds of us racing during the afternoon at scheduled time is around 30%.

The threat of rain begins to decrease as we head into the evening hours of Sunday. If rain prevents the start of the race or creates long red flag situation (which I think is very possible) then the odds of racing at night look a lot better than racing during the day. I'd say the odds of finishing under the lights at Texas Motor Speedway is around 60%.

Nice pick by the 24.

He'll have plenty of room between the 98 and 13 when they get lap before lap 50.

My dad didn't get tickets after all. Said he asked for tickets from a friend, but didn't end up getting them.

I was nervous about going anyway, and it looks to be a washout.

I'm hoping that it gets rained out and is run on Monday; I have a family party all day tomorrow :|

No matter if the race gets rained out or not, I still win.

Game of Thrones season 4 premieres tonight.

No matter if the race gets rained out or not, I still win.

Game of Thrones season 4 premieres tonight.
I've never seen it but I see season four starts here just hours after the US.
Should I start watching or is it too late.

You should definitely start from the beginning or you'll have no idea what the heck is going on. Unless, of course, you have read the books.

What blanston said.

If you decide to watch though it is a quick one. Each season is just 10 episodes a piece.

I didn't watch from the beginning myself. There had been 2 seasons out before I even knew what this was about. Watched the whole thing in like 2 days. lol

Co
What blanston said.

If you decide to watch though it is a quick one. Each season is just 10 episodes a piece.

I didn't watch from the beginning myself. There had been 2 seasons out before I even knew what this was about. Watched the whole thing in like 2 days. lol
Cool, thanks bud.

Back
Top Bottom