F1 2023 News/Misc.

That makes for works efforts from Mercedes, Ferrari, RBPT/Ford, Honda, Alpine/Renault, and Audi in 2026. That grid is going to be stacked.

Honda is so wishy washy that I wouldn’t be surprised if they also left AM holding the bag at some point. Never seen a corporation be this uncommitted.

Keke Rosberg said dealing with Honda wasn't like dealing with people from another country. It was more like they were from a different world. They do crazy stuff and people don't understand it. Dumping Red Bull makes no sense to us, but it does to them. It's a cultural thing.

I may miss one here, but Honda pulled out in 1968 or so (Jo Slessler's death was probably the last straw) and then won two championships with Williams who were then summarily dumped for McLaren who won four championship and then Honda pulled out completely. Both Mclaren and Williams were screwed for several years until they could get another works deal.

Then they came back, ran a few years and sold the team to Brawn, that eventually became Mercedes. Honda has been in/out, in/out for at least 50 years. It's not a surprise they left Red Bull, but I am surprised they came back so quickly. Red Bull had Honda branding on the cars the last two Japanese GPs, and while they were not completely out it did not look like they would continue until we saw the Aston announcement. I'm probably not the only person that was caught by surprise.

They won't be able to dump Aston quite so easily because the pattern is well known, and I am sure Lawrence is smart enough to lock them in solidly under contract. Sure, Honda had outs in previous contracts, but Stroll probably doesn't play that way. Stroll is going after all the big guns and with both Honda and Alonso he's going to have the right pieces to challenge for a championship.

The Japanese business model or "Keiretsu" is complicated.
A big reason why I left Honda. Cool coworkers and awesome to see cars built outside my office everyday, but the culture didn’t mesh with myself personally at all.

FP1 Canada has been interrupted and it's been stopped for about an hour. I can't find any news on why or who, but something is up.

FP1 Canada has been interrupted and it's been stopped for about an hour. I can't find any news on why or who, but something is up.

FIA Incompetence.

FP2 will be extended by 30 minutes. That’s the talks anyway.

Sorry. I meant FP2.

I guess if the cameras were down that would be a security issue. I don't suppose they would need timing for just practice. Either way, I'm glad it was a snafu instead of something more serious.

Sorry. I meant FP2.

I guess if the cameras were down that would be a security issue. I don't suppose they would need timing for just practice. Either way, I'm glad it was a snafu instead of something more serious.
Didn't need any cameras to run practice back in the day. :cool:

That sounds like someone desperately trying to write stuff into existence. I highly doubt anyone would think that Hülkenberg would run better than Perez.

That sounds like someone desperately trying to write stuff into existence. I highly doubt anyone would think that Hülkenberg would run better than Perez.
Max would embarrass anyone else in the opposite seat besides maybe two or three other superstars (Fernando, Lewis) and those pairings won’t happen. That said, Checo definitely needs to end this slump sooner than later. A guy like Nico would not be the answer though.

Max would embarrass anyone else in the opposite seat besides maybe two or three other superstars (Fernando, Lewis) and those pairings won’t happen. That said, Checo definitely needs to end this slump sooner than later. A guy like Nico would not be the answer though.
Of course three consecutive failures to make Q3 in a RedBull is not a good look but Max is right in his prime and pretty much unbeatable right now. I highly doubt Alonso, Lewis or Chuck would be on one level with Max and I'm pretty sure none of them would want to be a number two driver.
Tsunoda doesn't seem ready for a promotion and Nyck could be replaced by Iwasa for 2024.
I know I shouldn't be sharing this clickbait crap but it's pretty ridiculous. Ricciardo had such a dismal 2022 season no one in their right mind would think he'd outrun Checo.

Cool..
123BAC98-AAAB-49B0-99B1-F070AAD02CF5.jpeg

I don't follow F1 but am curious about how a driver like Hamilton can go from top of standings, winning championship after championship, to being almost a second class competitor. And I don't mean that as disrespectful. He didn't have a serious injury. Same team which had dominated heavily for many years. Then... it's over. How?🧐 Just rules changes that his team haven't adapted to?🧐

Motor racing is cyclical.
I don't follow F1 but am curious about how a driver like Hamilton can go from top of standings, winning championship after championship, to being almost a second class competitor.

Mercedes just built a bad car. It's not going to get any better until they listen to Hamilton, build a new tub, and move the driver back.

I don't follow F1 but am curious about how a driver like Hamilton can go from top of standings, winning championship after championship, to being almost a second class competitor. And I don't mean that as disrespectful. He didn't have a serious injury. Same team which had dominated heavily for many years. Then... it's over. How?🧐 Just rules changes that his team haven't adapted to?🧐
They started the new regulations set with a radical zeropod concept that didn’t pan out and a car that was borderline dangerous at times. They only made the concept switch to sidepods fairly recently but they’re still behind in development of that.

They’ve generally failed to understand their car and others. They tried to put Red Bull-esque bodywork on the car in the wind tunnel recently and said it didn’t show performance.

Back
Top Bottom