Illegal communication between teams?

And all of this could have been prevented if NASCAR had put Gordon where he belongs. Now we get to drag this out some more.

Well.. this one sucks.. Even I have to admit that Godon should be in after all that. It sucks for Truex and Logano tho... seems they were the only ones NOT cheating personally.... and get the shaft from their temmates runnin around makin deals n whatnot.

Doesn't mean I'm not hoping Joey does get in and I plan to root him on all the way regardless.. and if he wins it all Ill be just as happy and in your face as I would have been either way. I hope that if he does end up out.. that he gains more points than all the chasers lol... Im not really concerned overall.. Im looking forward more so to seeing what they can do over the years and more specifically over the laps and on the stop watch...

Hopefully next year is less drama filled.. :confused:

I don't know if lap-by-lap points standings can be found anywhere to confirm, but USA Today's Nate Ryan said that when the #38 radio communications about dropping for Logano began the Wild Cards were Truex Jr. and Kahne, Gordon was 10th, and Logano was out.

Oh ****

I don't know if lap-by-lap points standings can be found anywhere to confirm, but USA Today's Nate Ryan said that when the #38 radio communications about dropping for Logano began the Wild Cards were Truex Jr. and Kahne, Gordon was 10th, and Logano was out.

So...Logano out and Truex back in?

Bowyer has to be loving this. Suddenly the nascar world's attention shifts from him to Logano/Gilliland.

The $10k that the #38 lost is chump change....Compared to the bonus money being thrown around during those last 7 laps of the race...I was told yesterday by a well informed source that the #14 had a $3mil bonus if the car made the chase...Most of the other super team cars/drivers have the same $1-3mil bonus pkg. Now you can see why all the CHEATING is being done...

The $10K is chump change to the big boys in this sport.

It isn't chump change to teams like Front Row.

Well.. this one sucks.. Even I have to admit that Godon should be in after all that. It sucks for Truex and Logano tho... seems they were the only ones NOT cheating personally.... and get the shaft from their temmates runnin around makin deals n whatnot.

Doesn't mean I'm not hoping Joey does get in and I plan to root him on all the way regardless.. and if he wins it all Ill be just as happy and in your face as I would have been either way. I hope that if he does end up out.. that he gains more points than all the chasers lol... Im not really concerned overall.. Im looking forward more so to seeing what they can do over the years and more specifically over the laps and on the stop watch...

Hopefully next year is less drama filled.. :confused:
Even though I give you a lot of crap, I will admit this probably wasn't any of joey's doing and even if they pull him there's probably a good chance he will be back in by Friday.

Does the fact that Nascar overreacted to the Bowyer incident mean they have to overreact to this one too ? There may yet be others. Just ignore it and move on Nascar , please don't try and fix it .

that's the problem they risk. I'm sure Penske, MWR and others are trying to get hold of HMS radio traffic to make sure Jeff getting his lap back was legit. Then we can interview every team on pit road and find out who asked for what and kick those teams out of the chase.

That ought to kill the sport.

Leave Logano in. Jeff is old, and nascar needs young fans.

If you look at the Race Hub audio. It starts at Lap 13. That was when Gordon and Truex were battling for 6th and 7th and Newman was in the lead and Logano was in 25th.

So he was out by 2 points. Gordon had 4 second lead on Kenseth who was in 8th and there was no chance he was gonna lose any points at that point without anything drastic happening.

So when this whole thing was started, Logano was out of the Chase completely at that point. Newman was gonna get his second win and Gordon had bumped him out of the top 10.

Even though I give you a lot of crap, I will admit this probably wasn't any of joey's doing and even if they pull him there's probably a good chance he will be back in by Friday.

At this rate, the chase field won't be set until Talladega.

If you look at the Race Hub audio. It starts at Lap 13. That was when Gordon and Truex were battling for 6th and 7th and Newman was in the lead and Logano was in 25th.

So he was out by 2 points. Gordon had 4 second lead on Kenseth who was in 8th and there was no chance he was gonna lose any points at that point without anything drastic happening.

So when this whole thing was started, Logano was out of the Chase completely at that point. Newman was gonna get his second win and Gordon had bumped him out of the top 10.
All that happened on lap 13? :p

that's the problem they risk. I'm sure Penske, MWR and others are trying to get hold of HMS radio traffic to make sure Jeff getting his lap back was legit. Then we can interview every team on pit road and find out who asked for what and kick those teams out of the chase.

That is your argument to allow cheating to occur?

Jeff Gordon is old? That's lame.

I can get behind this scandal if it gets Logano booted out of the Chase!

Even Rick can't afford to pay all those drivers to spin.

:XXROFL:

All I know is I'm keeping an eye on this until the final word for Nascar is given, heck of Joey's out then Jr moves up a position right? not that it really matters as the points are gonna change a lot once the green flag drops.

*Worst post of the year candidate.

*Best post of the year candidate

Back
Top Bottom