Jimmie Johnson - SEVEN time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion

Jimmie Johnson is the best driver of his era.
Some people are naturally going to be pissed, whine and deny one of the most incredible realities in Motorsports.

Out of the 00s', no doubt JJ is one of the greatest drivers I have ever seen throughout the duration of a career.

Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Loeb, Sebastian Vettel, Jeff Gordon, Lewis Hamilton, etc... Jimmie's a legend I have had the pleasure of watching.

Out of the 00s', no doubt JJ is one of the greatest drivers I have ever seen throughout the duration of a career.

Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Loeb, Sebastian Vettel, Jeff Gordon, Lewis Hamilton, etc... Jimmie's a legend I have had the pleasure of watching.

Obviously a few are scarred, and are unable to grieve quietly. Enjoying their pain is a good thing.

You can't count Jimmie out til he's out. If you think you can, you're fooling yourself.. but you already knew that ;)
The fact that this thread even exists to begin with is a clear example of why you never count out the 48

Only one current driver has more playoff wins than Jimmy Johnsons number of championships.

I couldn't believe I had to listen to Jabba Burton going on and on about Johnson not having it this year when the 48 was in the garage for a mechanical problem that the team had no control over. They got a couple of really short shots to get the car right for qualifying and then they put the car in the top ten..Jabba acted surprised, like it was a fluke.

So there are 2 active drivers with more wins than JJ has titles. Johnson himself has 27.

Stewart and Edward's are retired.
Screenshot to clarify with winners sorted.
Props to Kyle Busch for making the sorted page.
Screenshot_2017-11-04-14-15-43.png

Stewart and Edward's are retired.
Screenshot to clarify with winners sorted.
Props to Kyle Busch for making the sorted page.
View attachment 30133

Wow, Greg.
Jimmie Johnson and Martin Truax get the playoff win 42% of the time when they finish top 5, they so lucky.

While Kyle Busch only wins 12% of the time he finishes those races, that's just got to be bad luck.
Is the unGitRdoneness why so many settle with just saying he is the best raw talent? as in an immature or unrealized potential.

Wow, Greg.
Jimmie Johnson and Martin Truax get the playoff win 42% of the time when they finish top 5, they so lucky.

While Kyle Busch only wins 12% of the time he finishes those races, that's just got to be bad luck.
Is the unGitRdoneness why so many settle with just saying he is the best raw talent? as in an immature or unrealized potential.

I thought Kyle had five playoff victories after Martinsville.

I thought Kyle had five playoff victories after Martinsville.

In fairness that would up him to winning 15% (if rounded up) of those races. That would put him up to only winning 27% less of the time when compared to Johnson or Truax in those races.

Bad and Good luck is such an incredible thing.

He's done. Today proved it, they have one of the worst handling cars of the top teams this year. Idk if anyone can drive a looser car than Jimmie, but that car has no grip and balance at all. He's having to drive so conservatively because of this

They are DONE for this year. Trust me. They have been doing nothing but taking up space for months.

LOL people still count Jimmie out before it's all over?

Did y'all learn nothing during his reign of terror?
This team knows how to overcame adversity, but they don’t have it this playoff. There’s no reason they are in it still now should of been done at Kansas

One spot left to fill in the final four .. its going to be tough for the 48 to get there but it is possible

Reactions: Pat
Jimmie's lucky horseshoe has gone from gold to silver to bronze to lead..:rolleyes:.

LOL people still count Jimmie out before it's all over?

Did y'all learn nothing during his reign of terror?
What is the difference between those years and today?
Chad was married to the #48 car. Now he has a wife in his bed at night
and his thought process may have changed. Those calls from the box yesterday
were not those of a sharp CC.
I vote JJ doesn't make the round of 4.

What is the difference between those years and today?
Chad was married to the #48 car. Now he has a wife in his bed at night
and his thought process may have changed. Those calls from the box yesterday
were not those of a sharp CC.
I vote JJ doesn't make the round of 4.

I'm not going to say that Chad made the right call, but honestly, at the time it happened, I don't think the 48 car was fast enough to matter. I think it may also be true that Chad didn't think the wave around option very clearly because it's a situation he has so seldom been in. The biggest problem with the 48 is the cars just aren't very good. The 24 has found some ways to wring some speed out of them, but the 5 and the 88 haven't found it either, so I'm not going to totally bash the 48 guys.

I'm not going to say that Chad made the right call, but honestly, at the time it happened, I don't think the 48 car was fast enough to matter. I think it may also be true that Chad didn't think the wave around option very clearly because it's a situation he has so seldom been in. The biggest problem with the 48 is the cars just aren't very good. The 24 has found some ways to wring some speed out of them, but the 5 and the 88 haven't found it either, so I'm not going to totally bash the 48 guys.
Am I wrong in saying the Car Chief has more to do with the car than the CC? I always understood the Car chief was in charge of the prep of what goes to the track and the CC is the foreman and makes the calls at the track. Maybe I got it all wrong.??? Has there been any changes on the #48 team this year?

The car chief is still Ron Malec, as it has been since about 2003. and generally considered one of the very best at that position in the sport. The engineers DO keep getting rotated through, so who knows how much effect that might have. One thing I will say suggest is something Darrell Waltrip admitted to. As you get older, you find that you want and need the car to be closer to perfect than in years past. When the car is good, you can still drive the hell out of it, but when it's not, it's harder to make up the difference or fight a bad car all day. Maybe Jimmie is starting to get to that point, but if so, it's further hampered by cars that just aren't up to HMS standards.

It's not Jimmie or Chad's fault this team sucks.

The organization as a whole sucks. It's just more noticeable now that the driver lineup is not producing results in and out.

Jeff and Jimmie made up the bulk of top 5s and 10s, wins and whatnot when they were there. Even when the team were struggling.

Am I wrong in saying the Car Chief has more to do with the car than the CC? I always understood the Car chief was in charge of the prep of what goes to the track and the CC is the foreman and makes the calls at the track. Maybe I got it all wrong.??? Has there been any changes on the #48 team this year?
The car chief prepares the cars on instruction from the crew chief.

You must not have been watching during Jimmie's six year reign of terror... Never count the 48 out until he's mathematically eliminated.

No Andy, I never watched NASCAR until today. Who is this Jimmie Johnson? Never heard of the guy.

The 48 just doesn’t have the speed this year. Career lows in Top 5s and 10s. He pretty much has to win Phoenix to make the Top 4. Somehow beating the 4, 18, and 78 who are all faster and have been all season.

If anyone could pull a rabbit out of their hat, it’s Jimmie and Chad. But I just don’t see the magic from the 48 guys this year.

In his after race video, Dale Junior said the same thing. They seem to be able to make the car handle better, but the speed just
hasn't been there and they can't seem to find out how to make more speed.

I've been pointing this very thing out for the last two years, but so many people have been stuck on this silly notion that the 48 just goofs off all summer until it really counts that it has fallen on deaf ears. Every organization goes through periods where other people just have better stuff, and this is one of them. I'm hoping that a fresh start with two more young energetic drivers, and a new car model will make for a better 2018.

Back
Top Bottom