Jimmie Johnson - SEVEN time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion

Can’t wait to come back in this thread Sunday night after the CHAMP WINS! Lol:sarcasm:

I wonder what the new points system will be next year if Jimmie wins the championship again this year. LOL.
I heard they'll call it "Death Cup" where there's four more drivers added to the playoffs. At the end of each round, the fans vote for one guy to take a hike in addition to the four eliminated by points.
Edit: better yet, keep the number at 16, three eliminated by points, one eliminated by the fans at the end of each round. Then at the end of the second stage of Homestead, votes are counted for who loses out on their chance at the Cup. Imagine the drama!

Last edited:
I think the rest of his career will be similar to Gordon's and other top drivers. The wins will become fewer and farther apart - that's just the way it is for drivers with long careers.
It really is amazing how far and how quick those drivers level off it happened to all of em..... Petty, Waltrip, Wallace, Gordon, and Earnhardt

Can’t wait to come back in this thread Sunday night after the CHAMP WINS! Lol:sarcasm:
so do you dislike Jimmie yourself personally or are you just trolling fans? I have interacted with you during race posts and see your Jimmie candor has carried over during the week so I am just curious?

I heard they'll call it "Death Cup" where there's four more drivers added to the playoffs. At the end of each round, the fans vote for one guy to take a hike in addition to the four eliminated by points.
Edit: better yet, keep the number at 16, three eliminated by points, one eliminated by the fans at the end of each round. Then at the end of the second stage of Homestead, votes are counted for who loses out on their chance at the Cup. Imagine the drama!
I think you are on to something :D

so do you dislike Jimmie yourself personally or are you just trolling fans? I have interacted with you during race posts and see your Jimmie candor has carried over during the week so I am just curious?
Have nothing against him It’s just funny how people act like he some god or something .. dude is so lucky he shouldn’t even be in playoffs.. every week they going to flip switch and win haha.. he misses a wreck it can’t just be he missed the wreck but no it’s jimmie nobody else could do that but Jimmie.. It’s just getting old

It really is amazing how far and how quick those drivers level off it happened to all of em..... Petty, Waltrip, Wallace, Gordon, and Earnhardt
the hits add up, mentally and physically, and it isn't as fun anymore I believe. It's a job to Johnson/chad now. I believe winning 8 is about the only thing they are racing for, and I don't know how hard they are going for that sometimes. seems like they are on auto pilot a lot, playing the current system

I think you are on to something :D
Maybe just put the fans in control of the race even! Give them power. "Throw the caution, answer yes or no." The no's have it and a huge pile up in turn 4! "Clean up the debris, yes or no." Etc etc let's really turn this deal into the circus, drama and real entertainment. It isn't fixed by NASCAR itself, but by our fans because we love em so much and value their input. :D

Maybe just put the fans in control of the race even! Give them power. "Throw the caution, answer yes or no." The no's have it and a huge pile up in turn 4! "Clean up the debris, yes or no." Etc etc let's really turn this deal into the circus, drama and real entertainment. It isn't fixed by NASCAR itself, but by our fans because we love em so much and value their input. :D

I thought about trying to draw a Nascar car using all of the fans suggestions of their perfect car one time. :D reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "one piece at a time".

I thought about trying to draw a Nascar car using all of the fans suggestions of their perfect car one time. :D reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "one piece at a time".
I think I'd be willing to pay for an artist to draw that, it would be hilarious!

Truex and Busch will crash each other out anyway. They did it at Indy and it will happen again.

the hits add up, mentally and physically, and it isn't as fun anymore I believe. It's a job to Johnson/chad now. I believe winning 8 is about the only thing they are racing for, and I don't know how hard they are going for that sometimes. seems like they are on auto pilot a lot, playing the current system
I remember Earnhardt leveling off around 1997 or so, was never the same after that 1996 Talladega wreck. I dont really remember Waltrip when he was a bad ass, late 80's he was still really awesome but he leveled off around the time he had his own time right, the 17 Western Union car? I remember watching races with my friends in school when he drove the 66 Kmart Taurus and them laughing how he had to get into every race with the provisional and me thinking " You have no idea how awesome this dude used to be?" Petty retired about 10 years too late and Gordon I contend was good up to his final year, he didnt have the go for it mentality he had in the 90's but he was pretty much a top 10 driver for the duration of his late career, would be in Cup contention to around Martinsville or so, and bring home the equipment in good shape. Fans just got used to him winning 10 races a year like he did in the late 90's. But I dunno I could see Jimmie staying around trying for 10 Cups and put that out of reach for anyone to try for. You are right though, something is... missing with that bunch this year.

:D
upload_2017-11-2_13-21-48.png

I remember Earnhardt leveling off around 1997 or so, was never the same after that 1996 Talladega wreck. I dont really remember Waltrip when he was a bad ass, late 80's he was still really awesome but he leveled off around the time he had his own time right, the 17 Western Union car? I remember watching races with my friends in school when he drove the 66 Kmart Taurus and them laughing how he had to get into every race with the provisional and me thinking " You have no idea how awesome this dude used to be?" Petty retired about 10 years too late and Gordon I contend was good up to his final year, he didnt have the go for it mentality he had in the 90's but he was pretty much a top 10 driver for the duration of his late career, would be in Cup contention to around Martinsville or so, and bring home the equipment in good shape. Fans just got used to him winning 10 races a year like he did in the late 90's. But I dunno I could see Jimmie staying around trying for 10 Cups and put that out of reach for anyone to try for. You are right though, something is... missing with that bunch this year.

yeah Waltrip when he had the Western Auto car besides slowing down and losing rides, he started his own race team. Pretty much ruined him financially Double whammy. Did the same thing to his brother.

He's trolling. This is all about the feedback he's getting over on his 'Truex vs. Busch' discussion.

Have nothing against him It’s just funny how people act like he some god or something .. dude is so lucky he shouldn’t even be in playoffs.. every week they going to flip switch and win haha.. he misses a wreck it can’t just be he missed the wreck but no it’s jimmie nobody else could do that but Jimmie.. It’s just getting old
Who on earth says that lol? He wrecks all the time.

Hell he spun out this spring at Texas right after he qualified, had to start in the back...won the race. :idunno:

This team catches breaks for sure and there’s really no reason they are still in it this year, but here they are. Keeping Jimmie hanging around is not good, somehow he’ll find a way to Homestead

This team catches breaks for sure and there’s really no reason they are still in it this year, but here they are. Keeping Jimmie hanging around is not good, somehow he’ll find a way to Homestead

He probably will but unless he wins it looks like Kyle, Martin and Brad have pretty much sealed the top three spots... the fight for spot 4 might be something

Back
Top Bottom