Jimmie Johnson test positive for Covid-19

I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape about being asked to wear a mask. As I have said before, in our area, the ONLY regular retail places I know requiring them for customers is Menards and Costco. My feeling is that barring a government order, an individual business has the right to require them if they so choose. As a customer, you have the right to not shop there if you so choose. I don't like to wear them, but that is the price of doing business with Menards, and I have deemed the value of shopping there to outweigh that one negative, so I wear one there. It also doesn't do any good to get huffy with employees, who are stuck wearing them ALL DAY, and are only following orders anyway. If I had an issue with Menard's policy, I would take it up with John Menard, not some poor store clerk just trying to do their job.
Completely agree with you regarding a private business making a decision that all customers must wear a mask. My issue is with the government mandate to wear a mask. I have been in the "Amish country" the last few weeks and it has been interesting to see how everyone has reacted to the PA governor's mandate.

Completely agree with you regarding a private business making a decision that all customers must wear a mask. My issue is with the government mandate to wear a mask. I have been in the "Amish country" the last few weeks and it has been interesting to see how everyone has reacted to the PA governor's mandate.
Big difference between the two. On the one hand you are getting treated like a citizen and have a choice, and the other you are getting treated like a subject. Subjects, don't have the choice, they are ruled by overlords ordering them to do their whims. Pretty bad when they rip your livelihood away, disrupt your family, and you are totally dependent on the Government to feed your family, or keep your business alive.

Tell ya what, I went to a Chevy dealer yesterday for half a day, at least 50 people there and none of them were wearing a mask. When I got finished doing the deal it was rush hour time in a busy section of south Tulsa. After that I went to Wal Mart and maybe 10% were wearing masks. They did have sanatizer to slop on the cart handle. I really don't know which one concerned me more, driving an unfamiliar vehicle in rush hour and getting played by the veteran rush hour warriors, or dinking around Wally World. But it's get with it or stay on the porch in my world.
You get you a brand new ZL1??

I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape about being asked to wear a mask. As I have said before, in our area, the ONLY regular retail places I know requiring them for customers is Menards and Costco. My feeling is that barring a government order, an individual business has the right to require them if they so choose. As a customer, you have the right to not shop there if you so choose. I don't like to wear them, but that is the price of doing business with Menards, and I have deemed the value of shopping there to outweigh that one negative, so I wear one there. It also doesn't do any good to get huffy with employees, who are stuck wearing them ALL DAY, and are only following orders anyway. If I had an issue with Menard's policy, I would take it up with John Menard, not some poor store clerk just trying to do their job.
If the employees of an establishment are not wearing a mask, I don't feel obligated to wear one. On the other hand, if all the employees are wearing one, I do out of respect.

Good news.

Most people recover within two weeks and others either show symptoms or continue to test positive for 3+ weeks.

Wonder if he had a false positive.
I would want a 2nd test done to verify the 1st one.

If the employees of an establishment are not wearing a mask, I don't feel obligated to wear one. On the other hand, if all the employees are wearing one, I do out of respect.

I'm not personally aware of any businesses that require customers to wear masks, but not employees. MANY businesses here, including ALL restaurants require employees to wear masks, but customers are optional. Once again, if somebody chooses to wear a mask, that's their business, not mine. I believe in personal responsibility. If you are worried about getting the virus, do what you feel you need to do to protect yourself, and don't rely on others to help you do it. I'm not inclined to judge you either way.

I would want a 2nd test done to verify the 1st one.
JJ tested negative both Monday and Tuesday.

Reactions: Pat
I saw someone get thrown out of Walgreens because he wasn't wearing a mask. He told the cashier, who honestly handled his aggression wonderfully, to "have terrible day and ruin someone else's, you miserable bitch".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup, I saw quite a display at an O'Reily's....It almost got ugly.

It's not about the mask. You will notice that the leader of the free world doesn't wear one.

So one week Jimmie has it and next week be does not.
Hmm. Sounds to me like the first test was a false positive.
just saying......

Reactions: Pat
So one week Jimmie has it and next week be does not.
Hmm. Sounds to me like the first test was a false positive.
just saying......
There are a lot saying they tested positive and they had no symptoms :idunno: You can run any direction you want with those conclusions. I believe most of them are being told to go home and self quarantine.

I'm curious what the rule on quarantine is, because i understood that if you are around or live with someone with it, you are supposed to quarantine for two weeks.

I'm curious what the rule on quarantine is, because i understood that if you are around or live with someone with it, you are supposed to quarantine for two weeks.
Did you just fall off of the turnip truck, or wake up after a year long nap?

There are a lot saying they tested positive and they had no symptoms :idunno: You can run any direction you want with those conclusions. I believe most of them are being told to go home and self quarantine.
Whatever the circumstances may have been, having Jimmie stay home for a weekend was the right conclusion. I am happy that he is back!

Back
Top Bottom